The Blind Date, Part One

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eleven.

The Blind Date, Part One

*super sleepy right now so it's unedited, i just wanted to post it cause im super excited for everyone to read it lol, will edit when i wake up*

 

3391

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry,” Saeyeon blurted out.

All of GOT7 turned around to look at her, some raising their brows in disbelief that she said that, others chuckling at how cute it was. Detention was finally over, and the seven of them were walking out of the school’s gates when Saeyeon had apologized (almost out of nowhere too). Her steps had gradually slowed down as she thought about how the six guys in front of her had helped her earlier and as a result received the same punishment. Some of their uniforms were torn, some of their faces bruised, and Saeyeon couldn’t help but feel like it was all her fault.

To simply put it, she felt bad. So she apologized, but not really because she wanted to but because she felt she had to (Saeyeon wasn’t good in awkward situations to be completely honest unless it benefited her, and walking with them in silence was super ing awkward especially after everything that happened earlier).

“For?”

Saeyeon cleared . “For getting you guys involved.”

God she was not cut out for apologies.

JB was the first to respond. He wore that same friendly smile he always wore whenever he spoke to her. “It’s not your fault, Saeyeon.”

Jackson nodded in agreement. “Yeah, it’s not like you forced us to jump in and beat the out of those bastards. We did that willingly.”

“And we’d do it again if given another chance, so don’t sweat it. Besides, I got that Kim Donghyuk pretty good,” Yugyeom boasted with a wide grin.

Junior snorted. “And looking at your face, I’d say he got you pretty good too.”

Yugyeom’s grin was immediately wiped off as BamBam laughed out loud.

Youngjae momentarily walked up to her and patted her shoulder in comfort (which was unnecessary in her opinion but Saeyeon didn’t push his hand away). “You don’t need to be sorry about this, Saeyeon, because it wasn’t your fault. We got involved because we wanted to. If there’s anything you should be sorry for, it’s for not letting me dump a tray of food onto those es too.”

That made Saeyeon crack a smile.

“Maybe next time.”

After that conversation, everyone shortly separated to their respective homes to call it a day (school day technically). Although it was a Friday where teenagers their age usually turned up, excited for the weekend and such, all of six of them had different responsibilities to tend to (this was the life of chaebols for you). Eventually the only ones left were Saeyeon and JB, and when his chauffeur rolled up next to them with the car, JB clutched onto the straps of his backpack and glanced at Saeyeon. 

“Do you want a ride?”

Saeyeon was about to turn down the offer… but figured it wouldn’t hurt to get a ride from him. In fact, it would be doing the environment a favor (her family chauffeur wouldn’t have to waste gas and pollute the air). Besides, she didn’t feel like waiting to get picked up (Saeyeon was still not in the mood). Plus, JB offered. Might as well take advantage of the things handed to her.

“Sure.”

And without another word, she got in the car.

The car ride was silent with the occasional glimpses JB would sneak, but being the observant person that she was, Saeyeon was well aware of his stares. She still had her suspicions about this particular guy named Im Jaebum. Like what the hell was that earlier at lunch when he ran over and stopped her? He seemed genuinely concerned, and not about how she was about to smack Jennie with a tray, but about her. Her, her. The soft look in his eyes then was as if he cared. He was too nice, especially towards her, someone he barely knew.

Unless…

Saeyeon shook her thoughts away. There was no way JB knew her beforehand. She would know. Right?

Ironically enough, Saeyeon snuck a quick glimpse at JB whose attention was now turned to the passing sceneries outside the window. The boy had a porcelain face (truthfully he looked like a doll) with two symmetrical moles on the upper lids of his left eye. His jawline was insanely defined, and his lips… All in all, JB was flat-out gorgeous, but nah, nothing about him struck Saeyeon as familiar.

Maybe the boy just cared too much.

“Any plans tonight?” JB asked as the car neared Saeyeon’s driveway.

Saeyeon groaned. She had almost forgotten.

“Unfortunately,” she replied with a sigh. “My dearest mother scheduled me a blind date.”

It was right before detention that her mother had decided to let Saeyeon know that she was going on a blind date tonight with yet another nameless guy. So much for wanting to lay in bed for the remainder of the day. If her date tonight was anything like her last date, Saeyeon was going to go on a strike against these setups. She was only seventeen for crying out loud; the last thing on her mind was marriage.

But with a privileged life like hers, blind dates were a part of the package, and according to the words of her mother, it was never too early to start planning for the future.

JB sympathetically smiled. “I hope it goes well.”

“Let’s hope not or else I might have to get married,” she mumbled tiredly, opening the door and getting out. “Thanks for the ride. See you at school?”

“Maybe I’ll see you tomorrow?” he countered, hopeful. When he saw the confused look on her face, JB sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, my step-mom wanted me to, uh, invite you for dinner tomorrow. She’s been wanting to meet you and stuff, so maybe I’ll see you tomorrow. B-but it’s only if you want to. It’s just your mom talks about you a lot and my step-mom, she—”

“Sure.”

JB blinked. “What?”

Saeyeon shrugged, not really caring at this point. “I said, sure. Just text me when to come over.”

JB nodded slightly speechless.

With a small wave, Saeyeon turned her heels and walked on inside her front gates. The moment she entered through the front door, she was greeted by the maid. Saeyeon merely nodded as a gesture of acknowledgement.

“Would you like me to make you some dinner, Miss?” Minju asked.

“That’s unnecessary, ahjumma. I’ll be going out for dinner tonight,” Saeyeon replied heading towards the staircase.

“Would you like me to do anything else for you?” she called out.

The girl shook her head. “I’m okay. I’m just going to go up and rest until my blind date. I’m feeling pretty tired; thank you though.”

Minju, sensing there may have been something wrong, nodded understandingly. “Let me know if there’s anything I can get for you.”

“Will do.”

As Minju headed back into the kitchen (probably to prepare dinner for Hanbin), Saeyeon quietly walked up the stairs and entered the guest room where she had been staying in. The renovations in her bedroom were already complete, but the girl wasn’t too keen on staying in her old room and preferred to continue sleeping right where she had been sleeping. Her mother didn’t oppose it (truthfully the older woman just liked renovating) and simply allowed Saeyeon to sleep wherever she was most comfortable.

The guest room was simple and minimalistic. Saeyeon liked it that way. The color scheme consisted of white and brown while the decorations were just as simple, from the clock on the wall to the opaque vase on top of the dresser. She preferred this room to her old room. That damn bedroom of hers held far too many bad memories for her. In fact, it held so many bad memories that every time Saeyeon was forced to walk by it, she got a little queasy in the stomach and weak in the knees.

With a sigh, Saeyeon tossed her backpack onto the floor and headed int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter