Chapter 3~ Blind dates

Us Against the World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IU POV

  "..My name is Jieun." 

I had never told anyone my real name besides Jiyeon, but somehow I felt I could tell him anything.

Soo Hyun gave a smile.  The most sincere smile anyone has ever given me and he shook my hand.

"My friend is picking me up.  We could drop you off if you like."

"No, it's okay..."  I didn't want to burden him anymore.

But he persisted until I gave in.

So when his friend arrived 5 minutes later, I got in.  

It was Myungsoo driving.  Ew.

Myungsoo gave me the same disgusted look.  "Where's your car?"

But Soo Hyun defended me.  "She couldn't get it right now.  And the taxi hasn't arrived.  Could you pretty please just drop her off for today??"

Myungsoo sighed and I gave him my address.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soo Hyun POV

  "Myungsoo, don't you need to buy some books for your physchology class?"

"Yeah, but I can drop you off first."

"No..it's right there! We can just stop by."  So Myungsoo pulled over in front of the Seoul Bookstore.  

When we went in, myungsoo told me, "I'm gonna be at the non fiction section."

After he was gone, I walked around the place.

There were so many books in this place...from romance to horror and harry potter to power of habit books.  

And none of them suited my interest.  

At least I got to a certain book.

 

It was called Dreamer Amongst the Stars.  I stopped and opened the book.

Author's note

This is a work of fiction.  Still, given the infinite number of possible worlds, it must be true in one of them.  And if a story set in an infinite number of universes is true in one of them, then it must be true in all of them.  Maybe it's not as fictional as we think.  So this story (which is possibly true) is for you, my dreamers, so that you might find the inspiration to keep going, and to know that the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

 

I smiled.  Just then, Myungsoo came up behind me.

"I found my book!  You ready?"  Myungsoo asked

I grabbed the Dreamer Amongst the Stars book and headed to the counter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*the next day* ^^

IU POV
  "Your blind date is today at 6 pm.  Don't be late or else."  My strident father looked sternly up at me.

I sighed.  "Yeah, I know.  I'll be going now."  

I didn't want to go truly.  Not because I was in love (I meant take SLIGHT interest in somebody) but because I knew it was going to be a waste of time.

26 dates and all the rich men had one thing in common; they were arrogant, jerks, and stupid.  

This one wasn't gonna be any different.  

Unless the rich boy was Kim Soo Hyun.  Maybe not.  But...maybe it is.  He did have a foreign car after all.  And maybe his friend Myungsoo is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter