Four

Safe

“Lee Junyeong. I’ve known him since the high school. He such a nice person back then. He also one of the honor student of school. He always helps me with my homework. He’s my classmate by the way. Whenever I absent, he would always copy the notes for me. He always cheers me up when my grades are low. Sound such a good friend, huh?” she scoffed.

Then she sigh out loud before continues, “I told my mom about him. My mom would always tease me about him. Mom was so childish doing that. Then I don’t know what happen. All of sudden, he being so...weird.He just cant let me get near any guys even some girls. He said that all of them a bad influence for me, I don’t know how can I believe him, so I listen to him and ignoring all, well hust some of the REAL friends that I have. He would always go everywhere, well not everywhere. But he always bugging me and makes everyone think that I and he are dating. I’ve already talk to him about it but it feels like talking to the wall. He didnt listen to me.So I can’t do anything. I told my mom about this. But she can’t do anything because she is…, dying"

"Brain cancer, stage 3. Dad just too busy with his work because he need to raise our family and paid the hospital’s bills. No one could help me about it. My friends try to talk to him too, but it such a waste .He just doesn’t listen to peoples. He is too stubborn. Selfish! As we enter collage, things getting worse. Junyeong took down some abroad university that offer him a better future just because he wants to go to the collage the same as I am.A local collage. Pfft, idiot man. Then he’s getting out of hand. He carelessly touch me. At first he didn’t mean to, but as time passes he touch me more”

Then tears flow through her cheeks. She can still feel the pain even though the story happens a few years ago. The thought that she already healed from the scar just wronged.Instead her heart ached more.

“Then he finally confessed to me that he love me. I cry. It's not a happy tears that come out from my eyes, but the cries of fear. I’m afraid of him. I told him that I never think him more than just a friend from the start. I ask him to forget about those feeling and just stay as friend. I ask him very nicely. But he didn’t take it well. He yelled, cursing, hit me. Then he just left me there. Leaving me bleeding there all by myself.” Taeyeon stop as she wipes the tears, acting tough.

“After that fight with him, I came home with bleeding lips and some bruises. I still remember how cold the air blow through my face that time. It so cold and sad. I’ve welcome by death. My mom lies on her bed, breathless. My dad just stands beside her, doing nothing. She is smile for the last time, you know? That beautiful smile is the last thing that courage me to keep on living in this hell world. That beautiful smile keep replaying in my mind whenever I felt like a loser.A few weeks after mom passed away, my father’s business drops. He fired everyone. He almost sells the company but just then, he came back. Junyeong came back with his successful and lots of moneys. He help dad a lot. He help dad build the company back. My dad offer a lot of things to him for show Junyeong his grateful of his helps. Junyeong said that he don’t need anything from dad, but one. Me. He wants me. Dad shocked by his request. So he ask to give some time for him to think about it. I told, no...no,no, I beg him for not letting me go to that monster. I told dad everything about him. Of course, dad felt so angry to him. So he talk to him and said that he won’t let him marry me.”

“My dad is an old man. He just..he doesn’t have the strength that he used to have. He's not strong anymore but Junyeong hit my dad then blackmailing him. He said that if dad won’t let him marrying me, then he’ll kill dad and make my life suffering for the rest of my life. Dad just doesn’t want to live me with suffering.So, he has to let go of me to that animal.Gosh, I cant forget the sad face of dad when Junyeong propose and put the engagement ring on my finger.His eyes was so sad .He even blames himself for letting me marrying Junyeong.No one knew about the blackmailing, everyone thought that we're really in love and dad really like him.But it just an acting.All of us cant dont know how to fight him.” Taeyeon burst into tears. She can’t help it anymore.

“But eventually dad dies because of his illness. After that funeral, I packed my things and ran away. Away from the past.  Away from him. But I... just can’t. I see him everywhere. “

Just then she realized that she already told Baekhyun everything. Taeyeon gasped as now, she’s being pulled into his embrace.

Even though it’s feel warmth and nice in his arms but she can’t. So she pushes him away harshly.

“I’m sorry. This is wrong. I have to go, Baekhyun-sshi. I'm sorry for troub...” Taeyeon can’t finish her talk as Baekhyun pulled her back into his arms.

He patted her hair then tell her that its alright.That it's fine. 

Taeyeon shut her eyes as she smell his scent. Sweet. Like vanilla, her favourite scent.

She snapped out again. Taeyeon hissed under her breath as her mind keep on dreamy and easily doing something idiot like that. Taeyeon shook her head and try to focus.She really want to stay but she's afraid. Too afraid.Slowly, Taeyeon pushed him away. Again, but this time gently. 

"I really have to go Baekhyun. Now, he know that I'm with you. Your life might be in danger. I dont want him hurting you. You're just someone that I met.You're innocent, Baekhyun-sshi" she look deeply into his eyes.

"He cant hurt me. I'm a detective remember? I know how to protect myself,Taeyeon.Its you that you should be worry now. Is he here now?In this town?" Baekhyun ask as he rubbed both of her arm.

Taeyeon sigh as she nod. She told him what she saw at the hospital and at the park.Baekhyun also sighed.

"So now you are planning to running away again ?" he ask sternly. 

Taeyeon just look down on the ground. 

"Look, no matter how far you running, this "problem" would running with you too,Taeyeon.  Its better if you stay here. It just a waste if you keep running like this. Just stay here. "

"I .. can't , Baekhy.."

"Stay here and I'll protect you" he squeeze abit her hand. Assure her that it will be fine. 

"How? You cant Baekhyun. He just too powerful. He's got a lot of money to take him away from any troubles.You just cant caught him like that."

"He still a human right? Human make mistakes, Taeyeon-sshi. I'll find his crime and arrest him and keeping you away from him" he smile to her.

Sure his smile would make her heart beat crazy until something bothers her now. 

"Why are you doing all of this ? For what you doing this ? How protecting me would benefit you?" Taeyeon finally ask .

Baekhyun chuckle but then he sighed, "Becaus..."

BANG !!!

The front door slammed which make both Baekhyun and Taeyeon quickly bent down.They quicken their pace for hiding themself inside a room near them.

"BAEKHYUNNN-AHH !" someone called out Baekhyun's name that made Baekhyun sighed .

"That idiot really want to dead tonight " he get up which make Taeyeon confused and just watch him walk to the front. She try to stop him to go out, but she just to slow to hold on him . She's afraid that it might be Junyeong. 


A/N: I'm sorry if theres alot of grammatical error and confusion here. Just hope that you guys enjoyed it *bow*