Chapter 7

Falling for Mr Arrogant
Please log in to read the full chapter

I glanced over to see how Chanyeol was doing since it was very early in the morning. Suho decided to drop us off at school because of our heavy luggage. It was still dark outside, but soon the sun will come up, starting a new day. 

I could see how Chanyeol lay his head against the window, hiding under his hoody, trying to sleep some more. I couldn't help and yawn, as I was tired too. Maybe I should do the same, but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep on the bus. It wasn't such a long ride, but hopefully, there's no traffic. I also rested my head and decided to close my eyes for just a bit. 

"We're almost there," Suho said, softly as he saw that we fell asleep. 

I slowly opened my eyes, stretching my arms out, almost hitting Chanyeol in the face as he avoided my right arm while looking back angry. I smiled slightly because his face was funny. I should've hit him, I thought, that would be funny. 

"By the way," he whispered so that Suho wouldn't hear him. "Don't get in trouble, because I won't help you out this time." 

I scoffed, "I never asked for your help," I fired back at him, also whispering. "Don't worry; I won't embarrass you in front of your classmates." 

"Hmm," he mumbled. "Just stay far away from me as possible."

I looked down, feeling sad again because of his harsh words. Like I didn't know already, I thought. I knew very well how much he hated me and can't stand me being around him, hell he would've kicked me out a long time ago if it wasn't for grandfather. But must he be this mean all the time?

"You must hate me, huh?" I whispered back, not knowing if this was even a question or just a comment. I wasn't that angry, but more sad and disappointed. 

Chanyeol sighed, looking at her. "I don't hate you," he paused a bit, "you wouldn't understand anyway."

"You never tried to make me understand, do you?" I shot back at him, not even caring if Suho would hear me. 

"This is serious, it's not a game," he whispered back, looking if Suho heard anything. "Keep your voice down!"

I looked back at Suho, but he was just driving, as usual, nothing to worry. "Yah, do you think I don't know that? You always keep arguing with me for nothing, instead of helping us get out of this situation." 

"I'm trying," Chanyeol fired back. "Ugghh, I can't do this right now." 

"We both know I'm right; you just don't want to admit it." I crossed my arms and looked away from him. 

"Whatever," he sighed, ignoring me again. 

After a while, Suho parked the car, helping us with our luggage and wishes us good luck on the trip, before driving back home again. I still remembered our conversation in the car and can't help but to wonder if I was harsh also. Even if he was mean and annoying, I admit that I can be the same as well. Things wouldn't be like this if I decided to run away, but I couldn't risk my friends getting hurt because of my choices; instead, I hurt him more. 

I looked at Chae Won, realising the girl fell asleep, curling up leaning against the window. She must be tired because of excitement, since we both were texting the whole night, barely getting any sleep. I was also tired, but I couldn't sleep. 

"What are you thinking about?" A sudden voice interrupted my thoughts as I look to my right, seeing Kai turning my way. Sehun was also sleeping behind him. 

"Nothing much," I answered, smiling back. "You?"

"I was talking to Sehun," he laughed, "just to realise that he fell asleep, so I was talking to myself."

"Oh no," I laughed back. "look at them," I sighed, also glanced over to see Chae Won sleeping. "so cute."

Kai also laughed, agreeing. "So, are you excited about this trip?" He changed the subject.

I nodded, "You can say that, yes. What about you?"

"It's not my thing, but also I have nothing against it." He smiled. 

"City boy, huh?"

"Is it obvious?" He asked, rubbing the back of his hair. 

"Don't worry; you're not the only one here. Also, it's not camping in the wild; you can say it's kind of luxurious camping." I explained because Kai didn't know yet. "It's very comfortable, though."

He nodded, "That sounds all right."

"Yeah, Sehun will show you around." 

"Will you be coming too?" He smiled back. 

"Hmm," I hesitated. "Yeah, no problem, if you want to we can all hang out together." 

I grabbed my phone and looked for some pictures of last year to show him. Kai came closer while trying to stay in his seat so that he could see. I noticed that his face was quite close, ok. I had to admit now, Chae Won was right, he was kind of handsome. 

"Let's take a selfie," Kai suddenly suggested, as I agreed and went along with it. "Whoa, so cute!" He smiled, looking at our picture. "I'm going to tag you, ok?"

I nodded, "Ok." I smiled back as we exchanged our social media. 

 

Chanyeol was trying to get some more sleep, but his two friends won't leave him alone as they were excited for the trip, joking around with each other. 

"What's up with you?" Baekhyun asked as he noticed that Chanyeol was quiet; usually, they were always excited about this kind of stuff. 

"Nothing," he said back, "tired." 

"Probably fighting again with Hae Ra," Kyungsoo whispered, hitting the sensitive subject again. "Just leave him be."

Baekhyun nodded, "Just to let you know; those two seems to be close, though." 

Kyungsoo hit Baekhyun, as a sign that he should stop talking, afraid their other friend would get jealous again, even if he pretended not to care. 

"Why did you do that?" Baekhyun cried out, pretending to be hurt. 

Kyungsoo shook his head, "This guy…" he sighed deeply. 

Chanyeol already noticed them a long time ago, even if he tried to ignore her, he couldn't help but look at her talking with that new guy. Was he jealous? He wasn't though. He just didn't like to see them together, that's all. Why is he always hanging around her? He decided to ignore his friends and closed his eyes, trying to sleep. 

 

After an hour and a half, because there was traffic on the way, we all finally arrived in Raventree Glamping Resort in Gapyeong. Every other year we would come here to experience glamorous camping. It wasn't bad; everything was equipped with all the facilities you could need to experience the outdoor without sacrificing comforts. Even the double-decker tent has a private deck with underfloor heating, cooking facilities and a living room. The staff will ensure that the campfire stays ignited throughout the evening. Let's not forget about the delicious BQQ dinner here; it's fantastic! It's a place where you can relax in style, and at the same time, bonding with your classmates and having fun playing all sorts of games. It was on the side of a mountain overlooking a picturesque valley, which was great for taking pictures. 

Mr Lee decided that it would be best to separate everyone into groups like this, everyone gets to know each other better, while bonding and working as a team. Even if you don't know each other well, you have to manage to work together. That was the point of this school trip. Of course, the girls and boys would sleep in separate tents, but are still in the same group. Mr Lee was responsible for our group and would check up on us once in a while, as he also prepared activities for us to do, but it was mostly teamwork. We did get a map and some flashlights and walkie-talkies though, as I was also curious about what they supposed to do with it, but Mr Lee would explain later. 

They explained everything well and starts to put us into groups; you could hear excitement and disappointment at the same time as the students. I was excited to be on the same team as Chae Won, Sehun and Kai, but I wasn't fond of Minji and Ga Eun. On top of that Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were on our team as well, as another student from another class we barely knew, his name was Myungsoo. 

Not everyone was happy about the teams, except for Chae Won, because Kyungsoo was there. I only hope that Minji and Ga Eun would leave me alone because I couldn't handle them if Chanyeol were there to annoy me as well. I do feel sad for Myungsoo, because he didn't know any of us well, being the only one who got separated from his classmates. 

"I can't believe we're stuck with them," Minji said irritated while packing out her big luggage. It seemed like the girl was going to stay here for two weeks because she had all sorts of things with her. "What would Hana do without us?"

"I know, right?" Ga Eun sighed, not pleased as well. 

"Yah," Minji said, "I'm kind of glad that Hana isn't here though, am I bad?" 

"No, that girl is so bossy she makes me go crazy." Ga Eun rolled her eyes. 

"Yes, it's true, sometimes it's like we are her slaves or something." 

Ga Eun agreed as they continued to gossip about their other friend. 

 

"Woah, did you bring anything," Sehun said, looking at Kai's stuff. 

Kai shrugged, "I only need my iPad and Nintendo to play games" he laughed, "Oh, and this book is so good!"

Sehun nodded, "Yeah, I supposed." 

"Hey," Kai whispered to Sehun, looking at the other guy sharing a tent with them. "What's his name again?" 

"Oh, that's Kim Myungsoo," Sehun whispered back. "He's all right, I guess."

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo?" Kai called the other guy, who was all quiet unpacking his stuff.

Myungsoo looked up, a bit surprised. 

"What did you bring?" Kai smiled, trying to be nice and friendly because he felt bad for him for being alone. 

"Oh?" Myungsoo hesitated but smiled back. "Just some anime, you know… Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. I like to read them."

"Cool," Kai said back. "I'm Kim Jongin, by the way," he introduced himself. "You can call me Kai, though." 

"Oh, yes, I know." Myungsoo smiled. 

Sehun and Kai looked at each other. 

"Girls from my class like you," Myungsoo laughed. "They're obsessed!"

Kai smiled back, shyly. "Oh, ok…" he said, not knowing what to say. 

"Yeah, he's good looking," Sehun smirked, teasing his friend. 

"Stop it," Kai said, being all shy. "You too…" he teased back.

Myungsoo laughed. "You know, you two are kind of the new duo in school, except for the famous other three." 

"We are, since when?" Sehun asked, surprised because he didn't seem to notice.

The three of them seemed to hit it off and kept on talking about anything and everything, while unpacking their stuff, bonding at the same time. 

 

"Omg, I can't believe we're in the same group as them," Chae Won squealed, unpacking her stuff. "You don't seem to be happy?"

I shrugged, "I see him at home, too; it's nothing special." 

"Hmm, I supposed, but… is he still being mean?"

I nodded, "Every chance he could get." I rolled my eyes. 

"It must be difficult," Chae Won sighed, "I didn't expect him to be like that. He was so nice before." 

"I know, right?" I also sighed, unpacking my stuff as well.

"Don't worry; he can't be mean to you forever, also with people around…" 

"Don't underestimate him," I laughed back at her. "really, you never know with that guy." 

Chae Won smirked, "By the way…" 

"What?" I looked back, seeing her being all weird and funny. 

"I saw you earlier with Kai," she paused, "well, I was sleeping until I saw you were talking with him, so I pretended to sleep again. I think he likes you!" 

"What, no? He's just friendly, that's all. He doesn't have a lot of friends yet." I explained, thinking that Chae Won was overthinking again. 

"Euhm… He's been here like what, how many days, please he's popular, and not a bit. He can be friends with anyone and everyone, and yet he hangs out with us, the not so popular ones." 

I nodded, "Yeah, that's true… but maybe he just likes hanging out with us?" I laughed, not overthinking into this, unlike my friend. 

"Seriously?" Chae Won mocked me, laughing at the same time, "Oh please, it's not me. I think he's into you; I'm just saying." 

"You're overthinking again," I sighed, smiling back. "Just worry about what you were going to do with Kyungsoo." I shot back at her. 

"You better be careful… Chanyeol might get jealous." The girl smirked, teasing me.

I laughed with a lot of sarcasm. "Believe me, that guy wouldn't be jealous. He's not capable of feeling anything towards me." 

"I wouldn't be so sure…" 

I shook my head slightly; it was silly. He definitely wouldn't care at all. Is he even capable of managing?

 

While Kyungsoo tried to keep his side clean and tidy, organising everything, Baekhyun was making a mess on the other side, as Chanyeol was in between, not caring at the moment. 

"YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Kyungsoo yelled at his friend before turning back to his calm self. "Keep your things out of my things!" 

Chanyeol was laughing in the corner as the two of them fight. It's like Tom and Jerry sometimes. 

"What did I do?" Baekhyun yelled back, not noticing that he made a mess while taking lots of selfies at the same time. 

Kyungsoo sighed, "Aigoo…"

"Oh," Baekhyun got a notification, "whoa, they seem to hit it off, those three…" Showing a picture of Sehun, Kai and Myungsoo, while liking the image at the same time. 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he couldn't care less. 

"Oh, it's a cool picture," Kyungsoo nodded, "nice." 

"He must be popular," Baekhyun said, scrolling down Kai's social media, and laughed slightly, "but still fewer followers than me." He giggled. 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol both looked at each other and rolled their eyes while laughing at the same time. 

"Oh, you shouldn't see this," Baekhyun whispered, putting his phone away. 

"What is it?" Chanyeol asked, surprisingly curious. 

"No, nothing," Baekhyun pretended, hiding his phone behind his back. "Nothing to worry about."

Kyungsoo grabbed the phone from behind his back as he looked at it, and also pretended. "Oh, just a picture of Myungsoo," he rescued Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol nodded, shrugged and quietly unpacked his stuff, while his two friends were all weird and funny at the same time. 

"What if he sees?" Baekhyun whispered, looking at Kyungsoo. 

"I don't know, he will eventually, but let's keep it quiet for now." 

"He cares about her, right?" Baekhyun said back.

Kyungsoo nodded, "He just won't admit it, because of the whole marriage thing." 

"Aigoo…" Baekhyun let out a sighed. "Complicated."

Both of them agreed, as the three of them finished unpacking and d

Please log in to read the full chapter