007

Life of a Successful Third-wheeler (EDITING)

Chapter 7: His unworked plan

I left the school compound feeling rather excited and thrilled that I was going to meet Leevi. The thousand possibilities of what might happen made me smile in glee. He might be a total stranger but I can’t help but to make him that one pillar of emotional support.

I guess this is what the phase of being a teenager really does to you.

Skipping my way inside the library, I took a seat at the far end of the room, because one, it’s the place I would usually sit and number two; I get a clear view of Leevi from there. I plopped all of my books on the table rather loudly and heard a couple of hisses from the people around.

‘Excuse me people, trying to get someone’s attention here’ I thought to myself and turned to look at him.

Ah… his tall and lean body seemed like it could perfectly hug me in comfort. The sturdy chest of his looked so manly and his fluffy brown hair, if only I could just ruffle it around. He has a puckered kissable lips and a pair of black Asian eyes that I want to stare at for the rest of my life.

I started imagining things in my head. These irrational things and events that we will one day do. Like, ‘I wonder what it will be like when we cuddle on our first movie night. He will be so sweet. Also what would it feel like when he first kiss me. Aww it’ll be so perfect like he is so going to be shy at first but then…’ a sudden nudge made me stop my irrational imaginations.

I turned my head to my right and the sight of Kai’s side profile greeted me in the most annoying way as possible. I could straight up slap his face to Mars and plant his body into Pluto. I was shocked, of course. Out of all the people, why would he be there? At a library might I add?

“What the hell are you doing here?” I hissed.

Kai smirked slyly and turned his head looking at me.

“You like him” he said confidently, nudging this head towards Leevi.

It caught me by surprise and I was not sure of what I should say to make him believe me, “Him? Him who?” I asked and I swear I heard my own voice cracking.

Kai’s smirk grew bigger and he turned his head to me cockily, “Him” Kai said pointing his index finger towards Leevi in which my gaze followed. It alarmed me that he might use this against me if I show any sign of panics and terrors.

And so I did something that any average human would do.

“Leevi? Pfft… no! I don’t like him. I don’t like anybody and in fact I don’t like you. So leave before I scream loudly” I threatened him.

Kai scoffed at this, “Please, and what? Say that I molested you? They have cameras here” he said and my head turned around trying to find the said camera. By surprise, they do have cameras and I have no idea why an observant person like me had never realize it once.

“What do you want Kai? I need to study” I said and averted my eyes towards the revision book on the table.

Kai cleared his throat before speaking, “A deal. I want to make you a deal”

 Furrowing my brows, I turned my head and looked at Kai wondering how dumb and absolutely undeniably shameless he could be. “You know what, I think you dropped something” I said without much thought to it.

He looked below him in search of something before looking at me questioningly, “What?”

With much honour I answered him, “Your dignity”

Turning my focus back to what I was supposed to do an hour before, I ignored Kai’s existence. A couple of seconds later I heard a sigh coming out of Kai’s mouth and he scurried over, closer to me than I please.

“I’m going to say this straight to the point, I’ll help you with the flower boy right there and in return, you’re going to help me break into the library and hack into the system files” he whispered beside my ear.

I turned my head and looked at his face as if he was an alien, “Why would I help you hack into the school’s system? I could get expelled!” I hissed at him.

He must’ve been really insane because Kai looked so calm talking about something a student should never even think about. Breaking the school law is one thing. I mean I had of course done that, but that was me not wearing socks and handing my work a bit late. Hacking into the school’s system and what more breaking into the library is like killing the unicorns, which is not good. Nowhere near good.

“You know what, I have to go. I don’t care and I don’t want to talk to you” I said as I packed my bags and hugged the books to my chest.

The screeching sound from my chair filled the room as I stood up, though a certain touch on my arm stopped my movement. It made me hastily turned my head and looked at the hand that rest gently on my arm.

Realizing what he was doing, Kai pulled his hand back quickly.

Though the touch lingered. His hand was warm and I felt the sweatiness of his palm kissing my skin. The conical fingers of his were long and knuckled. His rough and coarse hand reminded me of… leaches.

“Three days” his deep voice made me avert my gaze towards his face.

“Huh?” I said, raising my eyebrows.

Kai then let out a breath before explaining, “Three days for you to think about it. I will help you score that lover boy and I’ll give you the amount of money that you want” he negotiated.

I scoffed at this; “As much as I respect you as a human being, you don’t strike me as a fool Kai” I said plainly and left him there, yet again. I heard his voice yelling somewhere along the words of, ‘Think about it!’ following a couple of hisses from the librarians before I opened the door.

As I left the building, I walked past the ice prince at the entrance and he gave me a slight genuine smile in which I tried to reply. Though I think it looked more forced and fake than it should have.

I couldn’t believe the fact that Kai would think of me as lowly as that. Sure he was rich, but money could never buy anything. Of course it could buy you happiness when you shop. However, money can’t ever buy you life.

Also, how could the thought of me needing money came across his mind? Do I look that hobo to him?