006

Life of a Successful Third-wheeler (EDITING)

Chapter 6: His plan

The annoying and screeching sound of Madam Pamona’s voice was muted by my brain exactly 10 minutes after class started. It’s not that I hate History, fine maybe I did partly hate it but if I want to be really truthful to myself I’d say I hate every subjects in school. I only score my exams because I think I need good grades to live.

My mind started wandering around and my eyes stared onto the blank pages of my book longer than I should have. The pen in between my fingers moved around rapidly, a motion that stimulated my arising nerve. A sudden thought of Leevi brought happiness in me, somehow.

I don’t think I was even sure if it was happiness, yet again what was happiness? I guess it was happiness.

Leevi, a stranger I have admired almost immediately the moment I saw his face. It’s funny of how life bring forth an angel in your life though they act as if they are the devil, throwing you rocks from hell. They break you apart without even trying.

My hand started moving their own by then. The pen moved around on the blank paper, filling its ink with pieces of my mind.

“He was never mine to keep”

   His smile tasted like

   warm coffee on rainy days,

 

  His shimmering eyes

  stabs my poor soul in vain,

 

  His voice sounded like

  seven oceans’ waves

 

  While his heart was held

  together in a box for safe.

 

Hana put a sudden stop to my deep poetry writing when she nudged my arm lightly. It felt quite strong in my opinion though. But that girl couldn’t hurt a fly even if she wanted to.

“Teacher’s calling for you” she whispered, trying hard to not move her lips.

“Huh? Oh, yes teacher?” I said, rather loudly.

“I expect an extra hundred more words of written essay from you Miss Park, you seemed to really love this chapter” she said sarcastically. I smiled sheepishly in return before the bell rang indicating it was lunch time.

I groaned as I walked out of the classroom, “Great, now I need to write 300 words when 200 words of history could already kill me”

Hana and Kim chuckled softly, “It was your fault really, since when did you stop focusing in class?” Hana stated, hugging the books in her hand tighter to her chest. Kim who was busy looking around for her prince charming hummed in agreement. “I thought history was your best subject” she added.

“Leevi crawled into my mind, like literally…he crawled” I said dramatically.

“Right, and you’re gonna have to stop imagining things before you literally have to crawl your way into the cafeteria. Come on princess, it’ll get crowded soon” Kim said as she intertwined our arms and pulled us towards the cafeteria.

The first thing I saw when I entered was New York Deli Platter, before I turned my head around in search of an empty table and saw Kai’s group of friends staring at me questioningly.

“Hey Kim, do I have something on my face?” I asked her curiously.

“Yeah, pure loneliness; the hell Vi, I’m trying to buy foods here” she replied sarcastically and turned around to pay for her meals. I rolled my eyes at her and walked towards the empty table at the far corner of the cafeteria hall.

I could see their stare following my movements from the corner of my eyes. As creepily as this might sound, I thought they were planning on ways to kill me. Kim and Hana sat in front of me and started eating their foods.

“Why aren’t you eating Vi?” Hana asked as her eyes grew bigger.

I shook my head at them, still furrowing my eyebrows as steal glances from Kai’s group of friends. “I think they are staring at me” I said, pointing my fingers secretly.

“They’re not. But Sehun is” Hana said, and furrowed her brows too. “Just ignore them, anyway my lovely Violet, can you please pretty please accompany me to the movie tomorrow evening?” Kim replied enthusiastically.

I decided to accept Kim’s advice and ignored their stare. “Where’s Kris? Why can’t he accompany you?” I asked and finally took a bite of my food.

She grinned sheepishly at me, “Well mom doesn’t let us go together, she’d only let me go out if there’s someone else with us… so can you please be that special someone? Please?” Kim said with pleading eyes.

I agreed yet again to be her guardian in shining armour when it comes to dating. People just love having me around their couple, I don’t know why.



 

Author’s POV

Kai was partly paranoid, okay fine he was really paranoid. The thought of someone might actually be taking his pictures secretly scared him to death. ‘What if someone records me in the public toilet?’ he thought to himself as he sat at their usual place in the middle of the cafeteria.

He knew it was a price to pay for being extremely wealthy and not to mention, hot. Kai was aware of his handsome looks and fine body proportion. This is also why he’d rather not interact with those below his social status. Because he knew that there was a big possibility that they’ll take an advantage of him. Suho put a stop to his thoughts when he nudged Kai’s side rather sturdily and pointed towards someone at the entrance.

“There’s Violet, you should talk to her” Suho spoke making the others automatically look at the subject. “Don’t look at the same time doofus!” Chanyeol said, as he looked together with them at the same time. Pure dumbness at its finest.

Kai looked at Violet, feeling somehow embarrassed that he used violence against her. But then again, if she really did posted the article then no, he did not feel any guilt towards her. The girl turned around, alerting Kai’s consciousness that he should not stare any longer. However, the thought of talking to her and asking a deal made him looked past through her. If that even made any sense.

Kai thought that he needed to plan something out. He needed to think of something. Fast.

So the exact moment when the school bell rang for the last time indicating the end of school, Kai literally ditched everything else and waited in front of the school gate in his car. But of course, he dragged Sehun with him.

“Why are we doing this again?” Sehun asked as he loosened his school tie and his shirt. The sight of his white wife beater inside could make any girl in the world melt and unconsciously die. The latter then looked at his friend, staring at him curiously.

“Uh… Jongin? Answer my question dude” he said, rather unamused that he was ignored by his best friend. “You know, you’re going to treat me bubble tea after this. I do not just spend my time leisurely doing things that does not benefit me” Sehun added sounding dramatically fabulous.

Kai who was boring a hole at the school’s gate then averted his sight when he finally saw the main subject of his mission. “Her, we’re doing this because of her” Kai said and finally drove his car slowly, following Violet from behind beside the pavements.

“You’ve got to be kidding me, and why should we turn a whole loads of special agent double o’ seven because of her?” Sehun asked as he took a glance at Violet from the window.

Kai sighed and told Sehun his plan, “Well in order to make a deal with her, I need to at least know her Achilles heels first. I can’t just dumbly go and talk to her, that’ll ruin my reputation” he said in which Sehun just nodded in agreement.

“Well it sure had been a long time since we last do this” the ice prince added.

Kai put a halt to his car when Violet turned and walked into a narrow street.

“Where in the world is this girl going?” Sehun spoke his mind. “Right, agent double o’ six asking permission to ditch the car and invade the street” he added rather seriously.

Kai who was trying his very best to not laugh got into character and replied his best friend, “Permission granted” he said and turned off the car’s engine.

The two fine lads walked stealthily behind Violet, trying hard to not get caught by anyone although an old woman were looking at them by the side. Thinking of how suspicious they looked. Violet went into the library she often goes without realizing there were people following her and Kai asked Sehun to wait for him outside. 

“But I wanna follow” Sehun whined. Kai rolled his eyes, rather annoyed that he’s wasting his time when he should be following Violet.

“I’ll treat you bubble teas for the whole month” Kai said knowing the effect of bubble teas to Sehun’s brain, in which Sehun agreed immediately.

When Kai opened the door and looked around for the girl with long wavy hair, the sight of annoying books greeted him. He groaned under his breath as he continued walking along the bookshelves. ‘Where is she…?’ he thought to himself.

The sound of plopping books made him turned to his right, and Kai had to use all of his might to not burst out a loud laugh in the silent hall. There she was, the girl he was looking for sitting rather peacefully that is if you’re looking from behind.

Violet had books all over the table and yet her eyes were set on one thing and one thing only. Or rather, a person.

And for Kai, he was not dumb to comprehend the blush on her cheeks also her adoring shimmering eyes. It was just… too obvious.

With that, he knew he gained her Achilles heel.