011

Life of a Successful Third-wheeler (EDITING)

Chapter 11

Kai woke up with a major headache. He groaned as he pushed his blanket away and sat up straight on his king sized bed. Looking at the time on his bedside table, the young man sighed heavily and checked the notifications on his phone.

    ‘21 missed calls from Violet’

He cringed. ‘What happened yesterday?’ he thought to himself. Shrugging it off, Kai went inside his bathroom to get ready.

            He knew he was late for class but that was the least of his worries to begin with and the thoughts of how cool he would look when he enters the classroom like a bad boy will make all of the girls melt in awe excite him.

But all he got was, “Detention Mr. Kim and see me in my office” from his homeroom teacher. Kai rolled his eyes in annoyance and walked to his seat at the back of the class. Plopping down lazily, he exhaled a deep breath and his eyes involuntarily searched for Violet’s presence.

He found her silently sleeping on her table with her hair covering half of her face. ‘Gross…’ he thought.  Kai had this image that girls were supposed to be diligent, sweet and graceful 24/7. Someone who smiles with butterflies and rainbows behind them. Someone who is obviously not Violet.

--------------------------

Violet’s POV

The lunch bell rang and it woke me up in shock. I groaned out of frustrations, “You should’ve waked me up” I whined at Kim who was busy arranging her stationeries in order. Yawning lazily, I stretched my hand and stood up before I took my lunchbox underneath the table.

            “You’re not gonna join us?” Kim asked. She had her purse in one hand and a book about self-motivation in other. I shook my head and formed a thin line with my lips, “Gonna eat and then probably sleep at the rooftop” I told her.

Kai stopped me at the door with a smirk on his face, “I didn’t know you’re that obsessed to call me 20 times Violet” he chuckled at the end of his sentence. Sehun who was standing beside him gave a confused look, changing his gaze from Kai to my face a couple of times.

I stared at him, trying to find a solution of how ignorant and arrogant a human being could be.

            Inhaling a deep breath, I let out heavy sigh before I walked away with my shoulder brushing into his harshly. I was nonchalant about it maybe because I intended to do it too but I was too sleepy and exhausted to think anyways.

------

Sehun’s eyes grew larger after I left the scene, “What just happened?” he asked and folded his arm together.

Kai clicked his tongue and shrugged his shoulder, “Nothing, Violet is just being Violet.” He walked ahead and winked at some girls coming at his way. Sometimes he wondered why he flirts with them but then it will remind him of her. So he stopped.

Sehun strode in order to catch up to Kai and he pulled his friend’s shoulder, it was unintentional but Kai gave a deathly glare to his friend.

            Being the soulless person he was, Sehun ignored it and asked him again “Seriously what happened?” although Kai rolled his eyes and turned around to continue his walk towards the school’s cafeteria. But being the youngest have its perks and one of them is that people will tolerate your annoyance, in which Sehun is aware of. So he yet again bothered Kai with the question.

“Yah! I’m your friend… you could at least tell me what happened” Sehun muttered and sulked on his seat. Kai just chose to go and buy foods for his self instead of babying the baby. The situation changed after he came back being that Suho was there with an unpleasant face and a triumph grin oh Sehun’s face.

“Sehun is right you know, you could at least tell us what happened” Baekhyun spoke out beside him and took a bite of his bacon sandwich. “Yeah… things were hectic while you were not here” Chanyeol added after and raised his eyebrows.

            “Why? What’s wrong?” Kai casually asked. He was having a hard time unwrapping his burger until Sehun voluntarily took it and helped him.

            “Besides the girls’ massive bullying and Violet looking absolutely fine with it, yeah nothing else” Sehun answered and gave the burger back to Kai.

            Kai chuckled and some of his food came out. Suho slapped his shoulder and yelled at him on how he should not open his mouth when eating. The latter replied after swallowing his food, for once taking the elder’s advice. “She got bullied?” he asked again trying to hold his loud laughter.

“…and you’re laughing because…?” Sehun asked.

            “No wonder she was looking for me all night, I thought the world was filled with unicorns for a second there” Kai answered with sarcasm.

The others shared the same confused looks. “Umm, hate to break it to you Kai but maybe she was looking for you because you gave her three days for the deal, remember?”

            Kai’s eyes grew larger, “! I totally forgot about that!”

With that, Kai left his friends and his left-over foods on the table in quest to search for a particular girl named Violet.

Though Sehun was more than happy to finish Kai’s food, “Tsk such a waste” he said.

 

 

 

“The rooftop” Kai whispered to himself when he can’t find Violet anywhere in the library.

The corridor went wild when Kai ran with all his might to the staircase, he was sure he heard Violet right. She looked darn sleepy too when he first came inside the classroom today. Had he been too stupid to remember that deal he made with her? Or was he too occupied with his own thoughts and works that it suddenly became the least of his priorities?

 

The sudden loud bang from the rooftop’s door woke Violet up hastily, she was sure she looked like both a mother bear and an elephant after bath combined but that was not what was in her mind. “You could at least open it slowly and nicely poophead” she remarked and turned sideways, hiding her sleepy face.

Kai turned around and found Violet peacefully leaning on the wall at the corner of the school’s rooftop with an empty lunchbox beside her.

“Were you planning to skip class and sleep here?” he asked, nearing the girl. It was a bright day though the weather was very windy. Kai could smell the ascents of lavender when the wind blew her wavy hair out of her face.

He stopped in front of Violet and waited for any signs of movement.

            5 seconds… 10 seconds… 1 minute…

Kai purposely coughed.

“You are undeniably ignorant, did you know that?” she asked and stood up, brushing the dust off her hips.

Kai put his lips in a thin line and hesitantly nodded, “That depends…?” he answered which Violet sighed in return.

Turning around, she gave him a serious stare and asked why he came up to her.

            “To… to ask about the deal” he answered, voice not as loud as before.

Violet scoffed and walked ahead, leaving him alone yet again. Though she stopped at the door and turned around to look him, “I’ll do it but I have one more favour to ask” she yelled.

Kai raised his brows, an expression to ask her.

“Stop going to nightclubs, you have my deal if you do just that” she said. But before Kai ask anything else, she left him there and went back to class.