Chapter 4

A Glimpse of Her Perfection

The moment I woke up, a smile lit on my face. A smile of joy and victory. Yesterday, Jessica broke up with Tyler which meant she was not single which meant I could have a chance. I hurriedly took a shower and decided to go to school by walking in order to admire the beauty of the city.

 

As I entered the class, I was greeted by a weirdly happy Jessica. I actually thought she would be sad considering the fact that she cried on phone to me last night. With curiosity, I walked up and took a seat behind her. She didn’t notice it because she was chatting with Sunny.

 

“Hi.” I nudged her shoulder. She turned back at her and smiled brightly. Wow. That sight was breathtaking. I almost fell off my chair.

 

“Hi, there.” She answered back sweetly.

 

“Jessi, are you okay?” I asked her in concern. Seriously, tho, it made me curious because there was no sign of her being sad. Or was that how girls usually act when they broke up? Losing their minds? I was not sure.

 

“Obviously, she is. She broke up with an annoying lizard. (no offense, Mr. Tyler Kwon)” Sunny added with sense of sarcasm. I realized I didn’t greet her. Dang…

 

“Oh, hi, Sunny.”

 

“Shut up.” She snapped at her and turned back to her phone. This girl was quite scary….

 

“Tim, I am more than fine. I am glad, actually.” Answered Jessica with a big smile on her face. I was extremely relieved that she was fine. Even though I was happy that they broke up, parts of me were worried that Jessica might hurt herself because it seemed like she was really in love with Tyler. Guess I was wrong and I was glad.


 

“Hey, you.” Jessica dropped her lunch tray on my table. Sunny, too, apparently was going to sit with us. By us, I meant Taeyeon and I. Well, Jessica and I sometimes had lunch together and Sunny would go away because Taeyeon was there, but now, she didn’t which was shocking. Taeyeon, too, seemed as surprised as I was. Then I noticed a secret cheeky smile on his face. He just kept his face hanging down which smiling secretly. This hopeless romance….XD

 

“Hmm…hey, you.” I smiled at Jessica. She was so beautiful. She was wearing a white plain t-shirt and white ripped jeans making her looked so classy.

 

“Are you free today?” she suddenly asked.

 

“Hmm…yes.”

 

“Cool. Then you’re booked.” Wait. What? God, please. Not shopping spree please. NO!!!

 

“Are we going to go shop-“ I was about to ask but Jessica cut in.

 

“Uh-uh…It’s a surprise.” She threw me another smile. God, stop smiling at me, you heart killer. Stop making my heart pound!

 

“Okay.” Then I took a look at Taeyeon and Sunny who were sitting in front of each other. Taeyeon kept his face down and Sunny, well, Sunny was playing her phone, uninterested in Taeyeon. I also noticed how Taeyeon kept trying to look at Sunny. Cute!

 


And, here I was. Blindfolded by the evil Jessica Jung. I had no idea where I was leaded to. Jessica just kept pushing me to walk from the bus station to the surprise place. I had to admit that my heart was beating nonstop when Jessica held my hands. Fck…I was dying.

 

“Tada!!!” Jessica shouted like a kid when she took off my blindfold. I looked up blurrily and saw a big sign, saying “Lotte Amusement Park” WHAT?! An amusement park? Was it a date or OMG!! I couldn’t help but to smile brightly.

 

“Come on, let’s go, Timmie.” She suddenly hooked her arm onto my arm. Holy crap. Without giving me time to breathe or to calm my heart, she dragged me toward the amusement park.

 

Then we went on many rides because Jessica loved wild things. Through all the rides, what I enjoyed the most was her smile. I kept looking at her smile. It was beautiful. My heart kept pounding as my butterflies flew around my stomach. That moment, I realized I was not just crushing on Jessica. I was in love with her.

 

“Hey, let’s eat something.” She suggested.

 

“What do you want to eat?”

 

“Your choice.” She replied by smiling like a kid at me. This kid….really.

 

“Cucumber?” I .

 

“Yah.” She flinched me and pouted at me. Fck…that kissable lip.

 

“So, churros?”

 

“Call!” she nodded and held my hand, leading me to the car store. The way we held hands, I felt like we were a thing. It was not awkward. We just held our hands tightly without any sight of being uncomfortable.

 

We took the food and went to sit on a bench away from other people. It was quiet and we were sitting under the cherry pink tree. It was autumn. The season of love. Looking from afar, I swore we were no different from any couple.

 

“Here.” She gave me a churros and stared at the view afar. She then continued, “You know, I was actually pretending to be happy. I was sad.”

 

“Are you okay now?” I asked her as I moved my head face to face to hers. Now, we were in a position where people would think we were about to kiss. My heart was beating so fast and I thought she might actually hear it.

 

“Yes, thanks to you.” Without any warning, she kissed on my cheek.

 

!