Chapter I

A Glimpse of Her Perfection

The moment she walked past me, I felt like my breath was taken away. The way she flipped her brown hair made me dizzy. Her beauty was top notch and it never failed to make me fall for her over and over again. For a moment, I thought I could have her.

 

But reality hit me hard like it always did. I could never have her. Not when she was dating someone else. Someone who was better than me. She was everything I ever wished for. She was a complete package. She was amazing, talented, kind, caring, and beautiful. And, she was Jessica Jung, my long time crush.

 

Jessica and I were actually friends. We did talk to each other sometimes. Well, it all started when Jessica and I were paired up for our science project. So, we talked and I once went to her bedroom. I thought it would be full of pink and girly stuffs, but I was wrong. It was white and it looked classy. Because of the science project, I got to learn more about Jessica and started to fall in love with her.

 

Call me a creepy, but I knew a lot of things about Jessica. I knew that she hated cucumber, running, and cooking. I also knew that she loved sleeping, singing, partying, and she loved her sister very much.

 

But, let’s go back to the point.

 

As Jessica walked past me, I grabbed my books from my locker and silently followed her for the distance. Well, we had the same class, so our direction was the same. I took a seat at the back of the class and Jessica took a seat near her best friend, Sunny, the red hair shortie whose voice was very whiny and aegyo was so annoying. But, my best friend liked her, period.

 

During the whole class, I couldn’t keep my eyes off her. I noticed she was wearing a plain white T-shirt and white jeans, making her looking so classy. Her brown wavy hair was a fair sight to see. She was a damn perfection. Then I also noticed something. There were eyes on me. Not Jessica’s, but Sunny’s. She was staring at me teasingly. Being caught staring at Jessica, I immediately pretended to look somewhere else, but unfortunately, it landed on Mr. Jo’s eyes. Damn it.

 

“So, Tim, you seem like you know the answer. What is the answer?” asked my professor who happened to dislike me because I always failed his tests. He raised his thick, hairy eyebrows at me, probably smirking inside.

 

“Hmm…w-what’s the q-question ag-again, sir?” I became reluctant. Then I took a glance at Sunny. She was laughing at me! I started to become embarrassed. But, when I looked at Jessica, she was smiling at me as she also mouthed the answer at me.

 

“Mr, Hwang, per-“ Mr. Jo was about to talk but when I looked at Jessica who was mouthing the answer at me, I half-shouted the answer.

 

“It’s Mexico, sir!!! Mexico!” I said/yelled it too loud, causing everyone to laugh at me. Jessica, too, was chuckling at me. I should have been embarrassed, but when I saw her laughter, dang, I consciously smiled, too.

 

“Well, well, well, well done whoever told Mr. Hwang the answer. Time’s up. Class dismissed. Now, get out!” Mr. Jo loudly announced as students made their ways out of the class. I took a look at Jessica again and followed her as she left the class.

 

“Hmm…hey…err….thanks for helping me.” I smiled at her sincerely and “lovingly”. She immediately smiled back.

 

“You’re welcome. Sunny told me you were busy looking at someone during the class hehe. Perhaps, someone has got a crush. Who is her? Oh, come on. Tell me, Timmie.” SUNNY TOLD WHAT?! Wait, she called me “Timmie”? Holy crap. I loved it. I felt like peeing now. Hey, you idiot, my crush was you! . Opps, I shouldn’t have called her that.

 

“Hmm….no one. I was, you know, dozing off. As always hehe.” I laughed nervously. Hope she didn’t catch that. Jessica began to look at me, not giving in, but, eventually, she laughed it off.

 

“Okay then. By the way, there’s a party tonight. You wanna come?” A party?! With Jessica Jung?! Dang, obviously, I was fcking in.

 

“Sure. Just text me the address and time.”

 

“Alright. See tonight”


 

“Yo, dude, Jessica Jung invited me to a party. Fcking Jessica Jung!!!” I threw myself on Taeyeon’s couch as he was busy playing video game.

 

Taeyeon was my best buddy. He was a game addict, but he was great. He was a little short, but that guy was smart, dorky, and extremely childish. He, too, got a crush on Sunny. Guess we both got crushes on the Jessica’s squad. But, Taeyeon was better than me. He was more open. Way too open. Everyone in the entire school knew that Taeyeon liked Sunny. Oh, the poor boy confessed for more than 15 times, but still got rejected and humiliated. Still, he never gave up. He kept followed Sunny like a hopless romance even though Sunny was harsh to him. That was what I admired Taeyeon. His bravery was his best equipment.

 

“Wait. The party tonight?” He asked as he kept playing game, never kept his eyes of the screen.

 

“Yeah, the party tonight!” I took a handful grab of chips and shoved it into my mouth.

 

“Ah, dude, she invited everyone. Even me! Surprise!!!!”

 

“WHAT?!” I splashed out the chips and ran over to grab Taeyeon’s shirt forcefully as I kept asking the same thing again and again, “What do you mean?!!!”

 

“Woah..woah! Calm down, okay? She invited everyone because it’s her boyfriend’s party, dude” Boyfriend. Yeah, I should have known. Obviously, she had a boyfriend.

 

For a moment, I almost thought I had a chance. But, reality was a . It all came back to square 1. I could never have her as a girlfriend. Hell, I was not even a close friend to her. I was a classmate who happened to study with her.

 

Who happened to be in love with her…