Chapter 3

A Glimpse of Her Perfection

The moment she walked into the room, my smile lit up as my eyes turned into a crescent moon. She looked gorgeous in a denim and t-shirt. Without second thought, she walked toward me and took a seat between Sunny and I.

 

“Morning.” she greeted as she flipped her hair and took the book out of her bag. I was staring while smiling unstoppably.

 

“Morning. You look gorgeous today.” I complimented her. She chuckled.

 

“You mean, every day.” She cheekily replied as she took her phone and began texting someone. Her boyfriend, obviously.

 

“Hah, arrogant much?”

 

“Just being confident.”

 

The class ended. We were preparing to leave the class, but Sunny grabbed my hand and stopped me from going. I looked at her weirdly, but she gave me back a devilish smile. For some reason, it didn’t feel safe. Sunny was really cute and carefree. But, sometimes, she was fcking scary. She noticed a lot of things. Things that people didn’t want others to see. When Sunny knew it, she used it as a weapon. She was, in short, a devil. Why did Taeyeon like this girl? Hul.

 

“Sica, you go first. I need to have a talk with our cute Hwang here.” Sunny gave a smile to Jessica and Jessica nodded a reply. Frankly, this was more intimating than I thought. …I felt like peeing.

 

“Hmm….w-what a-are you g-going to d-do t-to m-me?” I tried to back off, but Sunny kept moving toward me until I reached the wall.

 

“Nothing. Don’t be afraid. I am no devil.” She assured me and gave me a comforting smile.

 

“It seems like our beloved Hwang is in love with my Jessica, huh? Am I right?” she flashed her devilish smile and smirked at me.

 

“Sunny, please don’t tell her. I beg you.” I pleaded her with my hand clasped together as I looked at her with my self-thinking adorable eyes.

 

“I won’t tell her, but you will. Why can’t you just confess already? You have been in love with her since the 10th grade.”

 

“9th!” I corrected her. Yeah, I was in love with Jessica since the 9th grade. It had been 2 years now, but it felt eternal.

 

“See? 2 years, Tim. Where have you been?” she asked as she looked at me pitifully. Wow. She was just like Taeyeon. He gave me that same look when I told him the story. I guess they kinda matched.

 

“I am not like Taeyeon, Sunny. I am a coward. Plus, she has a boyfriend.”

 

“I want to help you, but the only person who can help you is you. Remember that. I’m going now. Jessica might kill me if I am late.” With that, she left.

 

“Thanks for that.” I didn’t expect Sunny to be this nice. This totally changed my view of her. She was a good friend. Perhaps, she wasn’t bad for Taeyeon at all. In fact, I was hoping the best for the two.

 

“Oh, and, tell your friend to stay away from me.”

 

I guess the best was still far from them.


 

“See I told you, my Sunny is amazing.” I told Taeyeon about my conversation with Sunny and he was smiling the entire time when I mentioned Sunny. This romance sick guy was seriously in love with Sunny.

 

We were at my house. Taeyeon and I decided to play game together. That’s what we usually did when we had free time. And, we were guys. We didn’t shop like girls. We just played games.

 

“Did she talk at me?” he answered as he drank the coke.

 

“Yeah, she did.” I replied.

 

“WHAT?!” he splashed the coke all over the table. That was disgusting.

 

“Chill, dude. She told me to tell you to stay away from her.” I looked at him. His smile fell off as it was replaced with a pout. His shining eyes turned into a sad one with no light. Man, I really pitied him. I thought I had it bad, but I realized Taeyeon had it worst. I mean, this guy, he was sincere. If only Sunny could see it….

 

However, out of a sudden, my home door was burst open. Someone who was tall and well, a little darker and more muscular than me walked it with bags. It turned out to be Kwon Yul, my other bestie who lived in Busan.

 

“Hey, bro.” Yul, as always, greeted cheerfully. He dropped his bags and rushed and gave me a brotherly hug.

 

“Yo, welcome, dude. I thought you were coming tomorrow.”

 

“Nah, I just couldn’t wait to be in Seoul again. It has been a while. Oh, hey, Taeng.” Yul went to hug the sad Taeyeon who was still sulking, but that poor guy tried his best to welcome Yul.

 

“Nice to see you again, Yul.”Taeyeon said as they both engaged from the hug.

 

“Yeah, me too, bro” Yul replied.

 

Yul was a great friend. He was a mood changer, a pranker, and a jock. He swam a lot and he was very good at it. Yul was the hot guy every girl wanted. He was different from me. He was not shy; in fact, he flirted around a lot. He moved to Seoul from Busan because he wanted to attend the swimming academy that trained swimmers for national competition. So, he also transferred to my high school which meant he was going to study with me while Taeyeon studied at other class. And, he would also live with me. Under the same roof.


 

At night, I came out of the bathroom. I started to dress myself in a pajama. I jumped into my bed and grabbed my Macbook. I then logged into Facebook. It was flooded by Jessica’s statuses. I read some of those.

 

  • You jerk. You know, what you don’t deserve a piece of me.
  • It’s funny how guys always act sweet after weeks of dating, but later, they just turn into a pain in the .
  • Guys !!!
  • You just lost the most precious thing in your fcking miserable life.

 

Woah…what kind of drama was this? What happened to her and Tyler? Suddenly, my phone rang. I grabbed it and saw the name. It was Jessica. Right on time. With all the things I just read, my heart was beating like crazy as I picked up the phone. At first, I heard nothing. Then I heard her sobbings. My heart hurt whenever she cried.

 

“Hello, Tim? Tim, I broke up with Tyler.” I should have been sad for her, but not this time.

 

Because I was fcking happy!