Chapter 2

A Glimpse of Her Perfection

The moment I arrived at the party, it seemed like the party had started way earlier than I thought as the music was blasting loudly, disturbing the neighbors, but nobody cared. Some idiots were already half- in the pool. The garden looked like as it was full of cups, cans of beer, and wait, a ?! Dang…

 

I opened the door quietly, expected to see a lot of people, and obviously, I did. But, I was greeted by the sight of something I hated to see. The sight of her kissing her boyfriend. They were eating each other’s face passionately. Tyler had his hands on Jessica’s /. He was groping inappropriately, but Jessica seemed to be okay with it.

 

I walked away with my gloomy heart which was already gloomy even before I came here. But, that sight, it made my heart clenched and for a moment, I wish she didn’t exist it my life. I went to the kitchen and grabbed something to drink.

 

Lemon soju. Tequila. Mojito. Nah, I grabbed a can of beer and walked off to somewhere quieter. The bathroom. But, it was not as quiet as I expected. As I was about to open the door, I heard moans coming from the bathroom. I sighed and walked away. Damn, why were people so thoughtless to in a bathroom? That was extremely rude for people who wanted to pee.

 

The can full of beer was now empty. I was sitting on the rooftop of the second floor, a nice spot where I could see people dancing around the pool. I was busy lingering my thought, my feeling about Jessica until I heard someone jumped out the same window I jumped out. I turned around and saw Jessica.

 

“I was trying to find you everywhere. Didn’t expect you to be here.” Jessica spoke as she took a seat next to me carefully.

 

“Me too.” I replied flatly. I looked at her face, but she was looking at me weirdly.

 

“I-I mean, I didn’t e-expect you to be h-here either. N-not that I was l-looking for y-you. Y-you know...haha” at the moment again. The moment when I could barely speak anything because she made me nervous and I ended up being an awkward little .

 

Jessica chuckled lightly and gave me the beer that she brought. I took it and took a sip. We didn’t talk and I was busy trying to keep myself from staring at her beautiful face. My heart was out of control. I kept sipping my saliva as my throat became dry due to nervousness. Out of sudden, Jessica grabbed the beer of my hand and took a sip. Holy crap. An indirect kiss. Aww….I thought I was dying, but luckily, I didn’t.

 

“What happened to us?” she spoke out while continuing to stare at the star in the sky. I took a glance at her. Her side profile was perfect. She was looking out at the sky sadly. Her lip was pouty and kissable.

 

What happened to us? Well, we used to be close. We used to laugh together. I used to make fun of you. You used to eat my chocolate. What happened to those moments? Everything changed, except one thing. Except the fact that I was still in love with you. Everything changed the moment you told me you said yes to his confession. The moment I realized you couldn’t be mine.

 

The next day, you became his girlfriend, but you lost me. You tried to approach me, but I avoided you because I couldn’t face reality. I couldn’t face the fact that you became someone else’s property, not mine. Up until now, the memory we had almost disappeared. I barely knew you now. You changed so much. For some reason, I had always felt like we were strangers. I still liked you and it made me exciting when you talked to me even though we used to be close. Somehow, we both forgot what it was like when we were friends.

 

That’s what happened.

 

“I don’t know. People grew up. They just moved on.” I replied softly. She looked at me and held my hand. Damn…the feeling. It never stopped. Why? Why was I still in love with you, Jessica Jung?

 

“But, I don’t want to move on. Tim, can we be friends again?” She asked as she looked straight into my eyes with those adorable, irresistible cat eyes. Damn you, girl. Stop messing with my heart. Just fcking stop. My heart was about to explode out of fluffiness. Argh.

 

“S-sure.” I told her with an awkward smile. Suddenly, she pushed me into a hug. Holy mother fcking god!!! I thought she could hear my heartbeat loudly. Both of my arms slowly and gently moved to her back and retuned the hug. It was a moment of joy. My heart was beating like crazy.

 

“Thank you. Thank you.” She hugged me tightly. But, my smile fell off as she released the hug. For a moment, I felt something soft on my cheek. It was her lip. She fcking kissed my cheek.

 

Holy crap!