Since when?

He's my 'boyfriend'

Sehun wakes the next morning on the bedroom floor where he had slept throughout the night. He never had a chance to speak to Luhan about the kiss, thought about sleeping on the sofa in the living room but decided against it because he didn't want his parents seeing him like that; they weren't a real couple, this was all fake from the start, it was just that Luhan had decided to kiss him out of the blue and not give him any explanation behind those actions. It wasn't like they had this big argument, therefore it would have meant nothing if Sehun had decided to sleep on the sofa and give his parents- especially his mum- wild ideas that they had 'argued' about something and that was why he was there.

That is how Sehun- once he had snapped out of the daze of trying to figure out what the hell had happened- came to the conclusion that the best thing to do would be to just roll out some blankets and the sleeping bag and sleep on the floor like he had originally suggested. This time Luhan made no argument and the two of them fell asleep with not so much as a glance thrown towards each other.

When Sehun wakes, he finds that Luhan is again awake before him; bed made up, bag packed by the door. The two will leave later on in the evening, the 'relationship' that they had would be over. They didn't have to keep on pretending, and yet with the ordeal of the kiss, they would have to go back to their dorm and pretend in front of Baekhyun and Jongin that everything was fine, that they hadn't just spent the weekend together pretending to be boyfriends. He could just imagine how awkward and terrible the whole experience was going to be. Determined not to allow it to get this way, Sehun rushes through his shower and is dressed and ready in record time for a Sunday morning and when he makes his way downstairs and into the kitchen, his parents haven't woken up yet, so that will hopefully give them some chance of talking things over.

"I-I made some breakfast" Luhan says when he notices Sehun standing in the doorway "You should grab some before it goes cold"

Grabbing himself some breakfast gave Sehun some time to get his head around how he was going to adress the matter of asking about the kiss. It also gives himself some time to think up some weak attempt of a speech to say to Luhan in case he tries to deny anything and Sehun wanted him to know that no matter what had happened, he didn't want it to cause a rift between the two of them because Luhan is a pretty awesome friend and Sehun didn't want to lose that. It was just that when he sat down at the table, he didn't say anything. The two eat their breakfast in silence and glance at each other here and there- it becomes a game of who can look away the quickest when eye contact was made.

Eventually Sehun works up the courage to finally say something to Luhan. He even abandons any other attempt to get through his breakfast- which he stupidly stacked up because he was never going to eat it all- sets his fork down and opens his mouth to say something-

"Mmm something smells delicious!"

His parents had to pick their entrance at the worst possible time

"I decided to make breakfast!" Luhan replies, jumping straight out of his seat and over to Sehun's mum, pulling her over to have a look at what was to offer

"Luhan sweetie you didn't have to do this!" Sehun's mum says, reaching up to squeeze his cheeks 

"I wanted to. It's to say thank you for inviting me to the party and for being so kind to me over this weekend. It's the least I could do for you two" silently Luhan hopes that they'll enjoy his cooking enough to not mind that he had emptied half their fridge and cupboards in order to make the damn thing.

Sehun sits there knowing that Luhan is doing this deliberately. Focusing his attention on the parents, Luhan won't have to get himself into a situation where he has to talk to Sehun about the previous night, probably hoping that they'll forget about it and just move on normally. Sehun was not about to let that happen though, he was not about to let a kiss ruin their friendship!

"Hey Luhan ca-"

"I need the toilet!" Luhan says- a little too loudly- "I'll be back in a moment, please help yourself to as much as you want"

He's already halfway out the door before finishing his sentence. If Luhan believes he can get away that easily however, he can think again, Sehun is out of his seat and following him out just as quick not caring how the scene must have looked in front of his parents.

Luhan knows that Sehun is after him. When he speeds up the stairs to the bathroom, Sehun is just as quick behind him. When he runs into the bathroom and attempts to shut the door, Sehun sticks his foot in to stop him and damn the boy is a lot stronger than Luhan had originally thought because literally no effort is required on Sehun's part to push the door open wide enough for him to get in and lock it behind him so that nobody interrupts, and Luhan can't escape so easily.

"I-I really need the toilet" Luhan says and whether the statement is true or not, Sehun is not about to leave like that

"Why have you been avoiding me all morning?" he asks "All I've wanted to do is sit down and talk but you've done nothing but avoid me and anything I have to say to you"

"We have nothing to talk about" Luhan tries but both he and Sehun know that is nothing but lies

"Oh trust me we have a lot to talk about. Let's start with that kiss last night. Before you answer just please... let me tell you now that after this we should forget it, okay? Let's just forget it- or at least try- because I really don't want to lose you as a friend. I just want to know why you kissed me"

"I-it's because" Luhan begins and stops to allow himself to calm down "It's because I've been wandering for a while now what it would feel like to kiss you"

"Oh. R-really?" Sehun asks as Luhan nods his head and laughs nervously

"If you really want to know I've liked you for a while now, I've just been a coward to admit my feelings to you outright. When you said about how you screwed up I offered to be your boyfriend for the weekend because I gathered that being a pretend boyfriend would get me as close as I could to being your actual boyfriend"

"Since when?" Sehun asks, but seeing how Luhan doesn't understand his question, elaborates "Since when have you like me?"

"Like I said; since the time I hurt my ankle playing football and you carried me around everywhere" Luhan answers and Sehun is able to work out there that when Luhan gave that answer to his parents a few days before, he had actually been telling the truth. Had Luhan really liked him for that long?

"This is not a conversation we should be having in the bathroom" he mutters, slumping against the door as he runs a hand through his hair

"Well you were the one who followed me in here" Luhan points out and Sehun is allowed a few seconds to realise how compromising this situation must look to people outside of he and Luhan before there is a knock from the other side of the door.

"I hate to break up whatever may be happening in there, but other people would like to use the bathroom sometime today" comes his dad's voice and whilst Luhan begins laughing, Sehun's eyes widen and he begins blushing

"Get whatever imgae you may have out of your head now you dirty old man!" he shrieks making his dad laugh loudly from the other side of the door before turning back to Luhan 

"We'll have to pause on this conversation for now, but please promise me we can talk about this later in a more... appropriate place than this"

"I promise, but I really need to use the toilet" Luhan replies and Sehun finally unlocks the door and steps out into the hall. He and his dad say nothing, but whlst his dad begins to laugh again, Sehun begins blushing and walks away grumbling to himself.

 

 

The time Sehun has to himself gives him a chance to think over everything he had learnt from his earlier conversation with Luhan. If anything he's shocked to learn that Luhan has liked him for so long, that he wanted to be Sehun's pretend boyfriend from the beginning, and that Minseok certainly has a good eye because he was right about everything this whole time!

By the time Luhan rejoins him, Sehun has some sort of idea in place of what he wants to do with this whole situation. He hopes it's the right decision he's making, but knows that it'll take time to know the full extent of the decision he's planning on making.

"You should start packing, we don't want to miss the bus do we?" Luhan asks and when Sehun pats the spot next to him on the bed, hesitates to sit down but eventually chooses to do so.

"I think packing can wait right now" Sehun points out and the two sit in silence before he speaks up again "You really like me, don't you?"

"Well yeah" Luhan replies with a nervous laugh "I think it was pretty obvious to everyone at the party apart from you"

"I was pretty caught up in trying to make sure the two of us looked convincing, my apologies if my worrying completely got in the way of trying to recognise people's feelings towards me"

Able to make a comment that gets the two of them laughing allows Sehun to relax, have time to gather and compose himself properly before he beings the speech he's had planned in his head. He wants to get it right after all!

"This... this doesn't change anything between us, right?" Luhan asks

"No, no of course not!" Sehun replies straight away and can physically see all the stress Luhan had pent up inside of him leave straight away "But I mean... if you were serious about wanting to be my boyfriend then... well... what I'm trying to say is"

"Are you considering about being my boyfriend?" Luhan asks, putting into words what Sehun had been trying to spit out as he sighs and nods his head

"But there's still a lot I've got to get my head around. That conversation in the bathroom, that was a lot to take in! Everything you told me was a huge surprise and just... I just need time to think it through, to take everything in"

"Can I suggest something to speed it up?" Luhan asks quietly and waits for Sehun to give him the go ahead to continue, slowly shuffling closer to him "How about we kiss again and maybe that will help you make up your mind"...


And we leave the chapter here!

I'm so mean with these cliffhangers of mine... but I just love banging them in like that! I'm not even sorry!

This took three or four attempts to write, but I hope the final outcome is enough to please you. Whilst you don't get to see the kiss, at least they talked it out together- yes, in a bathroom- and it got Sehun thinking that maybe this weekend spend with Luhan was able to do something for him as well. I think this will end in the next chapter, there's only so long you can drag something like this out for, but I may do a bonus chapter where it fasts forward to the wedding and we get to see if they worked it out. Who wants a possible bonus chapter?

Until the next chapter!!