Engagement part pt.2

He's my 'boyfriend'

Sehun manages to calm himself down enough t actually remember to eat and enjoy the food his mum had spent so long preparing for. It's a nice mix and none of he guests can really find anything to complain about. Sehun almost manages to forget about what Minseok had told him earlier, the effort Luhan was putting in to teach him the Mandarin for the different foods they were eating (his pronounciation was pretty bad, but he could work on it with a bit of practice!). It wasn't until he saw how Luhan was smiling at him, laughing after every word he repeated sounded a bit funny, did Minseok words return and suddenly he's back to his initial state of panic and denial. 

He adores you 

"Are you alright?" Luhan asks when he notices that Sehun is no longer repeating after him, in fact not speaking at all 

"Hm? Oh. Yeah. Sorry, kinda spaced out a bit there" Sehun replies, laughing nervously out of reflex. Luhan looks like he doesn't believe Sehun and wants to ask him something else, but doesn't get the chance to as Sejoon comes to his brother's rescue by announcing that he wants to make a speech.

The speech is longer than Sehun anticipates, but it gives him the best opportunity to calm himself down and get himself together- try to figure out a way to not think about Minseok's words so as to not make Luhan suspicious. Right now he has to try and do that exact task; making sure he laughs at the right moments, trying to make himself look as genuinely touched as everybody else, even throwing in his own responses when he brother makes a joke towards him- luckily getting a laugh out of everyone else in the hall. Yep, as the speech goes on Sehun feels himself begin to relax and gradually get back into the swing of things... until of course his brother concludes his speech by adding Luhan in there somehow;

"And Luhan, though we've literally known each other for, like, a minute after being introduced, you look like a pretty awesome person! I so hope you two are still dating by the time the wedding comes around because I would really like to get to know you some more"

Luhan looks absolutely touched at being included in the speech. Sehun looks like he's going to throw up across the table at any given moment. This is becoming too much for him; it was only meant to be a weekend thing, something he could just forget about once he and Luhan got back to their dorm. This was becoming an even bigger thing than what it was meant to be, his brother had included Luhan in his speech for goodness sake!, Sehun had no idea what to do and it terrifies him that he realises he's let it get deeper than what it needs to be, he's really screwed up.

"That speech was so lovely!" Luhan says, clapping along with everybody else once Sejoon has ended his speech and goes back around the hall with Jiyeon to thank guests for coming

"Ah please, it was nothing but pure cheesiness and Sejoon knows I'll probably rip him for it by the time he gets here" Sehun jokes back, his comment making Luhan laugh and raise his eyebrows.

"So what? You think you can be much better at these types of speeches?" he asks and Sehun scoffs at the question
"Think? I know I would be better at these types of speeches! Mark my words" he replies, but then thinks about the question again and what Luhan may have been implying. He doesn't have the chance to ask Luhan to expand in any way, his brother's appearance stops him from asking any further question on the matter.

"What did you think of my speech then? Wasn't too bad was it?" he asks but before Sheun can answer Luhan swiftly cuts in
"He thought it was really cheesy and could probably do a better job than you any day"

Sehun looks at Luhan with what looks like an expression of utter betrayal, Luhan smirks back and stick his tongue out as Sejoon laughs and shoves Sehun lightly on the shoulder.

"Cheesy, eh? Well I hope that as best man you'll be able to give a much better speech"

"Wait! Best man? You... you want me to be your best man?" Sehun asks as Sejoon nods and smiles widely

"Well duh! Can't have my wedding without my baby brother there beside me! Well, I mean, if you want to that is"

Being the best man is an extremely big deal. Sehun would have been happy if Sejoon had picked Minseok or another close friend of his, but the fact that he was picked over them, it was such a huge moment in his life! Of course he was going to be best man! Why would his brother ever doubt it? Laughing for a second he and his brother share a quick hug where Sehun confirms he'll definitely be there for him on the day, jokingly promising he'll have a better speech planned by that time as well.

When Sejoon rushes back to join Jiyeon, Luhan is instantly congratulating Sehun. Sehun's so caught up in how happy he is being chosen for the role that he doesn't really mind the hug Luhan gives him, or how he hugging him back. He's allowed to be so happy like this after all!

 

 

The party gets back into full swing and this time the tables are turned where Luhan is now the victim of having to dance with little girls feet on top of his, Sehun is stood at the side of the dancefloor chatting to members from both sides of the family and glances towards the dancefloor, taking great joy in seeing how lost he looks sometimes.

It's when the ballads begin to play, the main couple of the evning are pulled out and others begin to join them, that Sehun experiences his second wave of absolute panic and dread. He can salvage some sort of understanding that Luhan would be doing this to really cement the role of the fake boyfriends that they are, but it still makes Sehun think back to how he had felt earlier and it suddenly comes flooding back to him like a ton of bricks and he's starting to feel extremely helpless again.

"Come on Sehun, once dance" Luhan begs, tugging on his arm and trying to get him towards the dancefloor. Sehun opens his mouth to reject the offer but Luhan moves swiftly to cut him off "Don't say no because you can't dance, I've been seeing you dance all night and you're not bad at all"

"It's not that" Sehun begins "I've just never slow danced with anyone before" and with someone he's pretended to have been dating as well he would like to add

"That's okay, I can teach you!" Luhan says happily and musters up the strength to drag Sehun onto the dancefloor with no further protests. Though Sehun is extremely reluctant to do this, he takes some comfort in that Luhan doesn't make them stand in the middle of the dancefloor and instead, chooses somewhere close to the side where they're slightly hidden and not everybody is going to be able to see them.

"Now, do you want my arms around your waist or do you want your arms around my waist?" Luhan asks
"U-uh my arms around your waist" Sehun replies and places his hands on either side of Luhan's hips, making him in return scoff and shake his head.

"That's not how you do it!" he exclaims, taking Sehun's arms and wrapping them around his waist. Satisfied, he wraps his arms loosely around Sehun's neck and smiles at him "And now we just move along to the music"

Sehun's not a bad dancer, anybody would agree with him. He's not as good as Jongin but he's not as terrible as Baekhyun, yet dancing like this- with Luhan- he's completely stiff and doesn't know where to look, how he has to specifically move. He's willing to bet that anybody watching them was probably thinking that it looked just as awkward as it felt for Sehun.

"And here's me thinking you were a decent dancer" Luhan jokes as Sehun laughs and shakes his head
"Much better than you! If I wanted to I could the cheesy dip or twirl you under my arm!" he replies and though Luhan laughs at the comment, he begins to blush and hides his face by planting it against Sehun's shoulder.

This again was enough to make Sehun feel uncomfortable, he was kind of hoping that he would be able to see Luhan's face reappear at one point but when it didn't, he sighs and just leaves him be, soon getting a grip of slow dancing with somebody. With no other action but to just sway to the music, Sehun quickly finds that out of a romantice context, slow dancing can be quite boring. His eyes drift around the room and first they land on Minseok who is in the middle of a conversation, though when he and Sehun make eye contact he raises an eybrow and grins widely at the sight before him. Sehun is quick to divert his attention elsewhere, though seeing at his mum and a family friend are blatantly staring at him and Luhan; smiling widely and clearly gushing about how cute they probably look. If anything it embarrasses Sehun and he spins himself and Luhan around so that he's faced away from everybody.

"What's wrong?" Luhan asks, finally bringing his face up from Sehun's shoulders

"My mum is the epitome of embarrassment that's what" Sehun whines and when Luhan gets his own look at what Sehun's talking about, he just ends up laughing and his head goes straight back to resting against Sehun's shoulder. Luhan looks so comfortable playing the role of a convincing boyfriend and Sehun hates that he's the one worrying about everything when this weekend was meant to be about having fun! Then again, Minseok's words ring in his mind and maybe that's why Luhan looks so comfortable dancing with him...

 

 

The two of them return to Sehun's house ahead of everyone else. Sehun may have used the excuse that he was tired and- quote- 'extremely danced out'. Both true in their own rights, though his mum being his mum she took it in a completely different directionof telling her son to use protection and that they could have the house to theirself so long as they were finished by the time she and his father got home. Sehun left the place with a bright red face alongside Luhan who couldn't control his laughter even in the taxi until they were in the house and up the stairs slumped on the bed.

"Who knew something as simple as engagement party could be so tiring. I'm actually dreading the wedding" Sehun comments as Luhan laughs gently next to him

"I've never had so much fun before. This has honestly been the best night I've had in a long time!" he says back happily and when Sehun looks over at him, he see's just how happy Luhan looks, how there's a light in his eyes he's pretty sure he's never seen before. The two just stare at each other in a comfortable silence and neither make any move to get up and actually get ready for bed.

The only movement made between the two of them is when Luhan shifts so that he's sitting against the headrest of bed. Very slowly he reaches out and lets his fingers graze across Sehun's cheek. Whether he felt Sehun visibly freeze under his touch didn't matter to Luhan, he just carried on and slowly leant, Sehun still staring at him with a mix of confusion as to what was going on and apprehension as to what Luhan was going to next.

"What-"

What Sehun had to say, it was prompty cut off by Luhan gently kissing him. It was nothing special; mostly because Sehun was absolutely paralysed to do anything and that as soon as Luhan realised what he was doing he practically ripped himself away from the kiss looking just as shocked as Sehun did.

"Oh God"

"Luhan w-"

"I-I'm gonna go ahead and get ready for bed if that's okay with you" Luhan says and jumps up from the bed, grabbing his stuff as he head towards the door

"Luhan come on we-"

"I won't be long, just five minutes top. Promise" Luhan interrupts as he runs out the door and slams the bathroom door shut in record time. Left alone to himself, he feels like crying; whatever form of a friendship he and Sehun had previously was now most definitely out of the window because of how stupidly he had acted back there.

Sehun just stays rooted to the bed instead of going after Luhan. He has no idea on what had spurred Luhan on to do something like- he's not even sure if he's dreaming or of this had indeed just happened. One thing he is sure about however is that there is no way they're going to be able to get themselves out of this one...


Okay, maybe not as long as the previous chapter but some pretty important things happened in this chapter;

1) We get brotherly love where Sehun is asked to be the best man

2) Hunhan slow dancing and Luhan really, really enjoying it

3) The kiss

If anybody read the last part and thought "Why did Luhan just kiss him like that all of a sudden" and they're extremely confused, never fear, it shall al be explained in the next chapter... until then I'm gonna be a meanie and leave you on that cliffhanger.

Until the next chapter!