New beginnings

He's my 'boyfriend'

Packing to head back to the university becomes a task Sehun doesn't really mind doing. The rate at which his heart is beating goes from a mixture of erractic and excited to calm enough that he can actually shove his belongings into the bag he brought along with him without having his hands shake so much. All this weekend had meant to him previously was just another party his parents were hosting to celebrate his brother's engagement, to come away with so much more than what he had previously was enough to make him feel happy, almost ecstatic!

"I'm planning on telling my dad when I get back, that I'm gay and everything" Luhan says, almost so quietly that it takes Sehun that little bit longer to understand what he had just said

"If you want myself, Jongin, and Baekhyun could sit there in the background whilst you tell him, for moral support" Sehun offers and Luhan likes the sound of it, but shakes his head and declines.

"I'd rather have the moral support left until after my conversation with him" he begins, nonethless thanking Sehun "I think this is something for father and son only. It's the first time we've began properly talking to each other since my mum died... I think that if we're going to start over fresh I've got to be honest with him and the first step is to tell him something I've kept hidden from the majority of my family for as long as I can remember"

Sehun doesn't want to push Luhan into telling him what had happened in the past, but he's been curious ever since Luhan mentioned that his mum had died when he was just fourteen at the party. Tentatively he sits down next to him on the floor, kicking some socks and a pair of shoes out of the way to make room.

"You don't have to answer this, I guess it's just me being nosy, but why haven't you properly spoken to your dad all this time?" he asks as Luhan smiles and nods his head

"Maybe it's a bit nosy" he answers and pauses, contemplating on whether he should tell Sehun or not. He doesn't have to, the time they've known each other has been relatively short and if they were anything right now- he wasn't even sure if he should label them as anything, Sehun need time to 'figure things out' therefore Luhan couldn't jump to any conclusions just yet- was it too soon to be Sehun everything about his life?

Sensing his hesitation to say anything, Sehun begins to panic slightly and jumps in to save the situation they're finding themselves falling into "I-It's okay! You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to!"

"No it's okay. I mean... our relationship kind of soured about a year after my mum died. I won't go into too much detail but there was a point where I spent the rest of my school days living with my grandparents and he wasn't exactly happy when I decided I wanted to be a translator and applied for a Korean university" Luhan begins before shrugging his shoulders "But we're sorting it out, slowly, I figured that this is a new chapter in our relationship and if we're going to start over we'll need to be as truthful as we can be which means I have to tell him"

If it's going to take Sehun some time to get his mind around things before making a decision, then it was going to take Luhan some time to build up the trust he needs to be more open about his past. He appreciates Sehun's reassurance that he, Jongin, and Baekhyun would be there if he needed anything, but he wasn't ready on going into too much about his past just yet.

The mood in the room taking a real tumble since that conversation, Sehun needed to save it before it went into an even bigger downward spiral. He checks the time on his phone and the two of them still have a while until they need to catch the bus, and that's when an idea pops into his head.

"You said that you'd never been to this part of the city, didn't you?" he asks and Luhan nods his head and asks why. Taking this as an opportune moment to get themselves out and have some more fun before the struggles of university finally piled back on them, he jumps from the bed and proclaims that the two of them were going out for a while to do some sightseeing, shopping, and to have some genuine fun for once over this weekend. Seeing how excited and happy he looks, Luhan can't help but laugh at him, nodding his head when Sehun asks if he's in.

"Oh Sehun, are you asking me out on a date?"

 

 

Sehun's mum manages to make their departure at the bus terminal a lot more dramatic than what it needs to be. It's not as if Sehun's going away forever- he'll be back by the time winter rolls around- but he thinks she's more tearful about the fact that Luhan is leaving rather than her own flesh and blood!

"Thank you so much for coming this weekend Luhan" she says as she breaks her hug and pulls him back at arms length

"Thank you for inviting me. I don't think I've ever had a weekend like this before it's been great!" Luhan replies and is honestly speaking the truth. Hearing his answer makes Sehun's mum smile widely and pat his cheeks affectionately.

"Make sure you take care of my Sehun, he can be extremely clumsy sometimes and I know it's a matter of time before he ends up sending himself to the hospital with a broken bone or something" she jokes, making Sehun whine as the two of them break out into laughter. By the time the bus arrives Sehun's dad has to practically peel his mum away from them so that they could onto the bus in one piece. To make her happy, both of them wave to her as she waves back until the bus turns the corner and she's finally out of their sight.

"I've never known her to be so clingy" Sehun comments, turning around and trying to sit comfortably for the remainder of their journey

"Maybe because it's really obvious she loves me more than her own biological son" Luhan replies as Sehun playfully scoffs and shakes his head

"Please! I'm so a mummy's boy. I was her favorite growing up and got spoiled endlessly you can even ask Sejoon"

"Yeah but look at me" Luhan begins as he gestures to himself "I mean come on; I am the prettier out of the two of us and judging by how long she hugged me back there compared to you, I think I've taken your crown away as the favorite"

Having nothing to say for a decent comeback, all Sehun does is narrow his eyes before huffing and playfully whipping his head around so that he was facing the mirror. Though he's trying to act angry, hearing Luhan laugh is enough to get him smiling and very soon he begins to crack.

With Sehun's attention seemingly focused on the rolling scenary of the outside, Luhan quickly takes a look around to see if anybody nearby wll see him for what he's about to do. Confirming they won't, he slowly reaches out and takes Sehun's hand, linking their fingers together. Sehun at first jumps at the contact, but makes no move to pull away. Luhan spends the rest of the journey with a smile on his face and both of them stay holding each others hand.

 

 

"Ah look who's back!" Baekhyun says happily as the door to the dorm opens and Sehun stumbles inside with his bag- which he swears has gotten a lot heavier compared to when he packed it in the first place- on his back.

"And look who I bumped into on the way up" he adds as Luhan trails behind him and waves to Baekhyun and Jongin

Naturally questions start being asked about how their weekends went. Luhan continues to run with the story that he indeed went on the trip and it's a good thing he took a few pictures on his earlier outing with Sehun to use as some evidence if either Baekhyun or Jongin asked to see them. Pretending to firstly be a fake boyfriend and then pretending to go on the trip was just too easy for him!

"How about we continue this conversation after I've dumped my stuff in my room and cleaned up, yeah?" Sehun suggests and make his way down the hall towards his room

"I'm gonna go unpack as well. I promise to show some pictures when I get back if you want to see them" Luhan adds and walks down to his room. Baekhyun takes a quick look to make sure both are in their rooms before he turns to Jongin.

"He so spent the weekend with Sehun" he says as Jongin nods his head

"I told you so! The uni's website uploaded some pictures thid afternoon and when I had a look he was in none of them, not even the group shots"

Now Sehun and Luhan think that Jongin and Baekhyun don't know they spent the weekend together. That's far from the truth, but Baekhyun and Jongin decided to let the two of them have their fun for a while longer, they won't tease them just yet...


I've decided that the next chapter is definitely going to be the final chapter. In that one we'll have Sehun's brother's wedding and we'll get to see if Sehun and Luhan worked it all out in the end. There are some hints up there that maybe there's something... but who knows, it may not work out...

We also get some insight into the whole Luhan/ father relationship after his mum's death because it was mentioned earlier on and I decided to expand it just a bit here

Finally, I loved writing the final bit with Baekhyun and Jongin. It reminds me of FRIENDS where they discover Monica and Chandler are dating and it starts the whole "they don't know that we know they know" thing!

Until the next chapter!!