Savior

He's my 'boyfriend'

With Jongin at work and Baekhyun agreeing to give some tutoring session to the desperate parents of some school children for a bit of extra cash, it was only Luhan who was able to answer Sehun's text message. Not even bothering to knock, Luhan walked into Sehun's room to find him sprawled out on the bed groaning and whining to himself about how much of an idiot he had been. Luhan had recieved the message telling him that Sehun had seriously screwed up, but even seeing him like this he had no idea just how bad of a situation Sehun had gotten himself into. 

"I got your text, what's wrong?" he asks, sitting himself on the edge of the bed and waiting for Sehun to lift his head from his pillows to turn and face him 

"I've gotten myself into a situation I know I won't be able to get myself out of" he whines  
"What exactly did you do?" and Luhan spends the next minute or so sat there listening to Sehun tell him all about the phone conversation with his mum and that even though he tried to keep himself calm, Sehun finally burst and found himself confessing to having a boyfriend who doesn't even exist. 

"Why don't you just ring her up and explain something's come up and your 'boyfriend' is unable to attend?" Luhan suggests and that is an idea that Sehun hadn't considered up until that point, but it was still no good. 

"She's already added an extra seat and ordered extra food to accomodate my plus one. I don't want her doing that and then it turns out she wasted time and money" Sehun replies "Plus she's really looking forward to meeting this non-existent boyfriend of mine" 

Luhan was now able to understand why Sehun had told him to get to him room A.S.A.P. This was definitely a difficult situation to get himself out of, even more so with the fact that the whole of Sehun's family would be there and by now word would have gotten around about this boyfriend. He couldn't offer Sehun advice on how to get himself out of this mess, but Luhan could offer him advice on how to get away with it. 

"Well, just get someone to pretend to be your boyfriend" 

"And how exactly am I going to get someobody to pretend with me?" Sehun asks because it wasn't exactly easy to try and get someone to agree for a whole weekend and then go back pretending everything would be fine between them. Plus it was too short of a notice for Sehun to work up the courage to even mention the idea to somebody. 

"I don't know, why don't you ask Jongin or Baekhyun to go with you? You're close with them right?" 

"I am, but Baekhyun is off visiting his grandmother over the weekend, remember? And my mum knows Jongin just as well as I do so it wouldn't work, that and he's out on a date himself Saturday evening with a co-worker he's had his eye on for a while now" Sehun explains. 

"How about someone from a class you share?" is Luhan's next suggestion. He was kind of banking on Baekhyun and Jongin being their best shot on bailing Sehun out of this one. 

"Yeah because going up to somebody I've only known for a short whilst and saying something like "Hey, how would you like to pretend to be my boyfriend in front of the whole family for the weekend?" is sure to work" Sehun says with a roll of his eyes "Not many people know I'm bi Luhan" and with his predicament getting worse with every word to leave his mouth, he falls back to whining and burrying his face into the pillow. 

When this was all over Luhan seriously considered sitting himself, Sehun, and the other two down for a long talk over how to ditch out of unattractive situations without screwing it up in the process. Back in the present however he did have an idea on how to get Sehun out of this; he was pretty hesitant to share the idea, but it was something he knew would definitely work if Sehun agreed. 

"I could pretend to be your boyfriend" 

He says it quietly, hesitantly, but it's loud enough to get Sehun to stop whining and bring himself to face Luhan again, surprised by the suggestion 

"R-really?" 

Sehun didn't know Luhan as well as he knew Baekhyun and Jongin. He had grown up with Jongin and the two of them had been friends since Sehun could remember, and he knew Baekhyun pretty well from going to a number of summer camps his parents would send him to and Baekhyun would be sharing a room with him. It had only been at the start of his univeristy year did Sehun meet Luhan, even then it took them a while to get comfortable with each other and be as friendly as he was with the others. For that reason alone, Luhan could understand why Sehun looked so surprised. 

"Sure. Baekhyun and Jongin are unavailable and it's not like I'll have anything else to do this weekend" Luhan replies and Sehun stares at him dumbly before realising Luhan was freely offering himself as a pretend boyfriend and quickly jumped at the opportunity. 

"Okay then, cool. I mean... y-you'd do this for me?" he asks and Luhan nods his head with a smile 

"That's what friends are for, right?" 

Being able to firmly confirm that Luhan was willing to pretend to be his boyfriend for the whole weekend, the two of them spend a good hour and half trying to think of a convincing story as to how they met (which would be easy because they could use the real story of how the met) and how they went from being friends one minute to boyfriends the next (not so easy). Luhan also spends this time learning as much about Sehun's family as he possibly can to know what to expect when he meets them. Though this is just pretend, they need to make this look as convincing as possible, if anybody finds out that this is just an act, Sehun thinks he could never live down the embarrassment. 

 

 

With final plans in place, Sehun waits outside Luhan's room to speak to him. The four people living in the dorm don't really mind anybody barging into their rooms without knocking, if they wanted some privacy or wanted the others to know they were going out or in the shower for example, they would just shout it down the hall and hope everybody else heard them. Sehun planned to just walk in and start talking to Luhan about what was going to happen over the weekend, but hearing Luhan speaking- in Mandarin could Sehun had- to someone, Sehun didn't want to interrupt until he was sure he couldn't hear anymore voices. Even then, Sehun knocked lightly and opened the door slowly to make sure he didn't barge in and ruin a moment.

"Hey" Luhan greets happily when he see's Sehun's face poke through the gap in the door, closing the lid to his laptop and settling it down underneath his bed 

"I rang my mum" Sehun begins, walking into the room and shutting it behind him so as to not risk the other two listening in "I told her we would catch a bus home on Friday evening, that way it gives us a chance to settle down and get to work in trying to make this 'relationship' look convincing" 

"Okay, cool, anything else I should know?" Luhan asks 

"It's not an overly fancy event, so we won't need suits or anything, but I think maybe clothes to make us look presentable and obviously nightware and all that jazz" Sehun begins, mentally checking off what he had to say to Luhan "Oh yeah! Jongin and Baekhyun know I have an engagement party to go to so that gives me the excuse of not being here for the whole weekend, we just need to come up with something for you" 

"Don't worry, I've still got a few more days yet to run over believable excuses, leave that to me" Luhan reassures and with that everything is in place. In just a few short days they would going to have to spend a three day weekend convincing everybody they were dating. 

"Again, thank you, for this. I don't really know how I'll be able to make it up to you but I'll try" Sehun says but Luhan dismisses his comments with a wave of his hand 

"I told you it's fine, really. I just want you to stop whining and relax before the real chaos begins" he replies and managed to get a laugh out of Sehun in the process. His words were true though, it was going to be chaos over the coming days and Sehun wasn't sure what it was he was walking into by doing this. He just hoped that he and Luhan looked the part of convincing boyfriends and he was able to get through the weekend in one peace... 


Yo, yo, yo!! 

In this chapter we see a very considerate Luhan step up and play the role of a top friend coming to Sehun's rescue. Hence the title of this chapter being 'savior'. Next chapter see's the proper introduction of Sehun's mum, his dad, and the two of them putting their story telling to good use in what is the start of their fake relationship... this should be fun for the two of them! 

Until then!!