Chapter Nineteen

He's On A Mission (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER NINETEEN; I'M SORRY.

Information was flooding through her brain, everything about angels and demons. Reading all these things made it all so much more real for her, she was best friends with six angels and struggling to deal with her feelings towards a demon and awkwardly acquainted with five more. Sumin re-read the things written over and over again and gawked at graphs, salt and holy water, it was all hidden within the drawers she had been lead to.

"Niel has controlled me many times before" Sumin whispered to herself, clutching the salt in her hands as she stood up. Sure he had spoken every time he controlled her but who knew what he was thinking? Sumin walked over to the arch shaped hole in the wall, the entry to the living room. She clutched the salt and got down on her knees. 

If he were to find me, what would be able to stop him? 

Sumin poured a thick line, starting at one side of the arch and stopping at the other before clicking the cap back on the salt. She walked back to the mess of information and weapons on the floor and scattered some of them around, then she finally found it. She took the picture, staring at it until she figured out how to get it onto the floor without staining it.

Just draw it on the floor, and hurry.

The voice demanded and a thick black marker appeared in Sumin's line of sight, perfect to leave a mark on the floor with. She listened, grabbing the marker and crawling to the middle of the living room, but she froze on the spot just as the marker went to make the first mark on the carpet.

What's wrong Sumin-ah?

"I-I don't-" She growled in annoyance and clenched her eyes shut tightly.

Come on Sumin-ah, you never know how much we could help.

"Cha Hakyeon" Sumin winced, tears began to fall violently from her eyes, it had been his voice this whole time. How could I not realise it was you?

Hello, my child.

"Come on, tell us what's happened Sumin-ah, you never know how much we could help" Sumin looked up to meet his smiley face that was only visible because of the street lights all around the park.

"I don't think you'll be able to help this time Hakyeon" Sumin sighed and he whined loudly.

"Ya! I told you to call me oppa! Why won't you call me oppa? You call Leo oppa" He hit Sumin with his shoulder as he sulked and it was her turn to grumble.

"Because Leo oppa's my favourite" She responded and he gasped.

"That's it, Hongbin call the others and tell them we found the little brat, we're going home" N stood up and began marching away as Hongbin pulled out his phone and Ravi helped Sumin to stand. She shivered as they followed N out of the park and Hongbin screamed down the phone.

"Ken you illogical twit just put Leo one the phone-"

Sumin squeezed her eyes shut tighter and tears still forced their way out. Why was I only hearing this now?

"Is this really the right thing to do N?" Sumin sobbed, clutching the marker that wanted to stain the floor with its ink.

We'll find that out soon, now hurry there's not much more time.

Sumin stared at the diagram of the devil's trap, drawing a large star before she drew the circles to go around it and the fancy writing she didn't understand struggled to work with her hand. She crawled away when she was finished and the lid struggled to cover the marker again with her shaky hands.

Good now use the things to your advantage, it's time to find out if they really work.

There were countless pieces of iron rod, the size of rulers and Sumin snatched at them, there were bottles of holy water and Palo Santo that she grabbed at and held closer as she looked around.

"N, what's happening?" Sumin panicked. The handle to the front door jiggled loud enough for her to hear and she dropped the liquid filled bottles onto her lap as she shook in fear. Sumin couldn't help the shrill that left and soon banging echoed through the apartment.

"Sumin are you in there?!" Niel's voice was loud and sounded frightening to Sumin.

Stay silent.

Sumin obeyed, sitting in the spot, staring at the door that was being beaten by Niel angrily. Sumin pushed herself back, scooching away from the loud noise until she hit the wall behind her.

Don't panic.

The door flew open, the door handle actually flying somewhere down the hall and crashing with a loud bang. Sumin closed her eyes and held the objects in her hands closer to herself.

"Sumin?" Niel's voice caused Sumin to flinch.

"Sumin! Why is there salt here? What are you doing in here?!" Sumin shook violently as Niel muttered and yelled, voice getting closer until she heard a screech.

"Don't come near me" Sumin whispered over and over.

"What in the devil's name is this? Sumin, open your eyes!" Niel pleaded and Sumin refused, shaking her head as her teeth chattered in the room that wasn't even cold.

"Sumin?" Niel's tone was asking and without her consent her eyes snapped open to look directly at him. He was trapped, he was a white eyed upper hierarchy demon that was unaffected by salt but trapped within the devil's trap.

"Sumin, why are you doing this?" Niel asked her, his hand out as if to reach for her until he remembered he trapped trapped by her drawing.

"Because you need to stay away from me" Sumin answered, holding onto the iron rods like they were her life line, Niel stared at Sumin for a long silent moment and the two of them blinked at each other until he sat down. Niel stiffly moved at a slow pace until he was no longer on his feet with his legs crossed under him.

"Look, Sumin, I'm sorry. I truly care for you, I do, but I'm not human, I'm a demon and we revolve around feelings of hatred, jealousy, anger, possessiveness and rage. We're made to be evil. Heck, it's a miracle that the others can be so childish and happy with what we are. I can't help some of the things I do, and I know what I say and do hurts you when I get angry or possessive and I'm sorry I don't know how to fix that"

"Why would you do it? You make my heart race with your sweetness and kind personality, you treat me well and then when I'm actually ready to accept any feelings for you, you turn around and treat me like some kind of object. You're like a dog and its food. You look innocent until someone tries to pet you when you're eating"

"Did you just call me a dog?" Niel asked as Sumin rubbed at her wet eyes.

"No I just used one as a reference, but now I'm considering calling you one" Sumin hiccuped as Niel and watched her in astonishment. Just be careful.

"Sumin, I'm sorry I- Ow what the are you doing with those?" Niel screeched. Sumin ruined the mood by throwing the few iron rods she had at him. Niel swore in pain and rubbed the places that she had hit him.

"Lee Sumin stop throwing things at me!"

"Oh my god! That tastes disgusting" Niel grimaced as he tried to to get rid of the taste of the holy water she threw at his face while he was talking.

"Sumin!" Sumin threw the Palo Santo at him, taking the lid off and throwing the whole bottle at him.

Because that wasn't a waste.

"Can you shut up?!" Sumin snapped, covering her ears. Niel blinked, thinking it was him Sumin was talking to.

"Why is he here? Why can I hear his voice but not see him, Niel? I feel like I'm going insane listening to some voice in my head just because it sounds like my friend, what do I do Niel?"

"What are you on about Sumin?" Niel asked her cautiously.

"Why do I keep hearing N's voice? It didn't start happening until I ran away, why is he here?" She sobbed, Sumin was shaking in her spot on the ground wondering why she was suddenly so scared.

"What did I do to deserve this Niel? All I wanted was a normal life with my friends and family, I can't help it that your uncle was killed because of my father, maybe he shouldn't have tried hurting my family first. My father only wanted to protect his family and now I have to deal with the punishment of something my father did in self defense? Why isn't your family or uncle suffering because he tried to hurt an innocent family? What did my family do to deserve being hurt by any of your family anyway? This isn't the life I wanted to live, I had places I wanted to go and now all I see is demons and angels. And I thought I could do this, that I would be ok, I really did. I tried showing you I wouldn't let you push me around, I got closer to your friends and enjoyed when you were nice to me, but look what's happened now. My best friends are dead, I can't look Chunji in the eye when I used to be so close to him, I've lost weight Niel. I'm disappearing before my own eyes and I didn't even notice, I'm not the person I was before I met you"

"Sumin, I'm sorry it had to be this way" Niel paused as Sumin hesitantly met his stare.

"Your family didn't deserve what my uncle did to you, you're right. But we're messed up creatures. We live for the wrong in life and I'm so sorry that I can't go back and change what happened, can't you see how hard I'm trying to adjust for you?-"

"Niel you kidnapped me and moved all my stuff into your house that contained six demons who constantly watch over me, no matter how nice they all are to me I know the others will take your side at the end of the day-"

"They care for you Sumin! They just rode around town for two days straight to find you. Only for you to be here-"

"You didn't need to come find me, I don't want this life!" The two continued to cut each other off and Sumin's breath shook as the place finally fell silent.

"And again, I'm truly sorry for that" Niel breathed, making Sumin look at him before she turned her stare to the floor in front of her.

"But Sumin plea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter