Chapter Two

My Intern

Chapter Two

            Following Luhan’s directions Xiumin came across the store that Luhan had been talking about. Walking around the store Xiumin had no idea what to get his boss, he didn’t even know what size the man was! After moving around the store like a lost duckling a boy approached him and said, “Hi is there anything I can help you with?”

            The store employee was tall and had light brown hair. The name tag he was wearing said, “Hello my name is Lay.” The man smiled at Xiumin until he shook his head, shaking himself from his thoughts.

            “Oh I’m looking for someone but I don’t know what size they are. Their about this tall,” Xiumin said before raising his hand in the air, “and his waist is pretty slender but his chest size is like this big?” Xiumin said making another hand gesture. “I’m sorry I’m not being very helpful am I, my boss Luhan didn’t even tell me what size he was but he sent me here…”

            “Oh you’re shopping for Luhan? Why didn’t you say so, we have his size chart written down. He sends interns here a lot to pick out clothes for him.” Lay said smiling before motioning for Xiumin to follow him to the cash register. Lay flipped through some books before finding what he was looking for and wrote it down on a sheet of paper before handing it over to Xiumin.

            “Just follow that and you’ll have the right size to everything, oh and as a tip Luhan love’s things with animals on it.” Lay said before helping a customer who stepped up in line.

            Animal huh? Xiumin thought as he searched the store. Xiumin first picked out the easier parts of the outfit, getting a pair of blue jeans and simple white shoes. Xiumin would have preferred that black ones but Luhan had made it very clear that he distasted the color black. As he continued to walk through the store he finally found a graphic tee-shirt that had a little pug on it that was chewing a ball happily. Deciding to pick that he grabbed Luhan’s size and went to wait in line. He was happy when Lay said that he picked out a good choice before bagging all the items. The total had come up to about two hundred and fifty dollars. Xiumin was never going to shop at this store for himself…much too expensive for only three items. Xiumin thanked Lay for all his help before gathering up the items and heading back to the office. When he made it back inside he nearly had a heart attack as he saw Luhan running around the office in nothing but his boxers.

            “What are you doing?!” Xiumin said, dropping the shop bag to the floor as he watched his half boss continue to run around the office.

            “There’s a fly and it was distracting me! Help me catch it,” Luhan said as he ran towards the fountain that had fish in it. Rushing forward Xiumin just barely caught Luhan around the waist before the man toppled over. The landed as a heap of limbs onto the floor, Luhan giggling while Xiumin glared at the man.

            “I think the fly has been frightened off sir.” Xiumin said before getting up to dust himself off. This was his only suit and he didn’t want to mess it up any further.

            “You think so…yea you’re probably right. Now clothes,” Luhan said before reaching inside the bag to examine Xiumin’s buys.

            “Aw what a cute puppy!” Luhan exclaimed before sliding the shirt down over his head.

            Xiumin reached into his pocket and tried to pass Luhan his change but the man just shook his head and said, “You keep it I don’t need it.”

            Was his boss really serious, this was a lot of change, how could he not want it back?

            “Are you sure, this isn’t pocket change sir?” Xiumin said but Luhan just laughed before saying, “One, stop calling me sir my name is Luhan not sir. Two I told you I don’t need it and three, I’m hungry lets go eat!” Luhan smiled at Xiumin as he finished zipping up his new jeans and for some reason that made Xiumin’s stomach flop.

            “Um…okay where did you want to eat Luhan?” Xiumin asked his boss but Luhan ignored his question as he grabbed Xiumin’s hand and started pulling him towards the door.

            “It’s a surprise!” Luhan said as he dragged Xiumin along with him. As both boys went down the elevator Xiumin couldn’t help but wonder if he got a babysitting job instead of a personal assistant one.