Chapter Three

My Intern

Chapter Three

            Xiumin nearly tripped the whole way to the parking garage where Luhan was dragging him, his excitement for food very prominent. Luhan was practically screaming Bulgogi as he walked by other people in the giant office building. Some shot dirty looks their way while some just looked sympathetic, Luhan must do this often. Finally moving down to the underground parking garage Xiumin followed his boss to a beautiful red sports car. The mustang looked freshly waxed and everything. Just how good of a writer was his boss? Xiumin knew the art form of writing was a hit or miss career wise so Luhan must have hit it large because the car was gorgeous.

            “Okay get it!” Luhan said opening the passenger side door for Xiumin, making the boy blush.

            “I’m not a girl ya know,” He said as he entered the car. It smelt like warm vanilla in the car and the entire back seat of the car was filled with books. Reaching behind him Xiumin picked one up. He didn’t recognize the name but he knew what the book was, a Shoujo manga book. Why did Luhan have so many of them?

            “Ahhh no time for reading! It’s time for food Xiumin.” Luhan said before plucking the book from Xiumin’s fingers. He had done it so fast that the edge of the page he was looking at cut into his finger, the smallest amount of blood bubbling to the surface.

            Xiumin let out a quick sound of discomfort before looking at his finger. He quickly shoved the appendage into his mouth to stop the bleeding before taking it out to look at it, blood all gone.

            “Oh I’m sorry I didn’t mean too, let me see.” Luhan said reaching for his hand but Xiumin just shook his head.

            “It’s fine, it’s just a paper cut no real harm done.” Xiumin said but Luhan didn’t take no for an answer.

            “I’m the boss let me see.” He said seriously, which worried Xiumin just a bit after dealing with Luhan’s typical childish behavior. Moving his hand closer to his boss he said, “Here see, no harm done. I won’t even need a Band-Aid.”

            “Hush,” Luhan said before pulling Xiumin’s hand closer, twisting the hand a bit to get a better look at it. He made a soft humming sound and Xiumin thought he was going to get his hand back but instead Luhan brought it up to his face before placing his lips gently on the cut, the same cut that just happened to be in Xiumin’s mouth. Xiumin stared wide-eyed at the man before slowly pulling his hand back. 

            “Kisses make everything better.” Luhan said before putting the keys into the car and turning it on. If Xiumin blushed all the way to the Barbeque house he would deny it all to hell.