Chapter Four

My Intern

Chapter Four

            Once they arrived at the barbeque house, Luhan quickly lead the way inside. While the air outside of the restaurant smelt good, it smelt absolutely heavily inside. If Xiumin wasn’t hungry before he sure was now.

            “Hello Mrs. Harper I’ll take the usual seating today.” Luhan said to an old women who smiled at the boy and nodded. As they walked to the table Mrs. Harper said, “My Luhan who is this handsome young fellow, a boyfriend perhaps?” Mrs. Harper giggled to herself as he seated the two boys. For some reason Xiumin could feel his face warm up at her comment.

            “No he’s my new intern that Hyorin picked out, he’s pretty cute right?” Luhan said sitting down. Xiumin followed suit and tried to hide himself behind the menu the woman had given him. Just looking at the food prices Xiumin knew he wasn’t going to be able to afford it. Why was an appetizer fifteen dollars? Perhaps he could say he wasn’t hungry and leave early?

            “Okay well I’ll leave you two to decide, do you know what you would like to drink?” Mrs. Harper said. Luhan cheered Soju while Xiumin softly said water.

            “Oh alright you two figure out what you want.” She said while walking away. Luhan was flipping the menu over this way and that way smiling as he looked at the menu.

            “Do you know what you’re getting? I’m ready what about you?” Luhan asked placing the menu down to look at Xiumin. Xiumin however was freaking out he really couldn’t afford this stuff.

            “I…I think I’ll get the fried dumplings, I’m not that hungry.” Xiumin lied. Just yesterday all he ate was a cup of noodles. The college diet sure was hard.

            “Oh I wanna gonna get some of those too with my Bulgogi.” Luhan said before smiling when the old woman came back with their drinks. She handed Xiumin his water before giving Luhan two Soju bottles.  They gave the women their order and she was off. By the time she came back with their meal Luhan had already finished both of his bottles while Xiumin was still sipping at his water.

            “Yaaayyy the food is here!” Luhan said wiggling in his seat. Mrs. Harper placed Luhan’s food in the middle of the table to cook while Xiumin got his dumplings. He was happy they were at least large enough to hold him over until dinner.  

            “Food Food Food!” Luhan cheered as he watched his food cook. When the dumplings that he ordered arrived Xiumin had already finished his own meal. He watched on hungrily as Luhan drank and ate his own food.

            “Y…you want some of this.” Luhan slurred a bit as he picked up his chop sticks and pushed a dumpling in front of his face.

            “N…No I’m good.” Xiumin said, his lips. He wanted the dumpling but to be fed by his boss? That just didn’t seem very professional.

            “Eat the dumpling…It’s so yummy and you didn’t eat much. I already have so much food so eat this.”

            Luhan did have a point and it would be rude to refuse him right…so opening up his mouth he took the dumpling inside. The sauce sliding a bit down the side of his mouth. Luhan reached across the table and wiped the side of Xiumin’s mouth with his finger before sliding it into his own mouth, off the soy sauce.

            “See now that wasn’t so bad now was it?” Xiumin said, leaning back to drink more alcohol. By the end of lunch Luhan could barely stand, hanging over Xiumin’s body for support. When Xiumin went to pay for his meal the old woman had said that Luhan had a tab already so he shouldn’t worry and take Luhan home safely. Xiumin was still trying to ignore her comment of, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

            Xiumin had no clue where his boss lived so he gave his editor a call. To say that Hyorin was angry would be an understatement. The girl was livid when he told her what happened and had nearly screamed his ear off. Still in the end she gave Xiumin the address before hanging up, muttering something about stupid authors. Luhan was currently seated in the car next to him, head lolled to the side as he tapped his feet on the ground, singing a song Xiumin didn’t recognize loudly. Sighing as he drove his boss home, Xiumin hoped nothing else would go wrong.