Four

Ultimate Star

Waking up the next morning was exciting for one and tiring for the other. Amber was up from bed in the speed of light, going to the kitchen and eating some food, but completely ignoring her father, who was reading the nespaper. She walked up to her mother and gave her a peck on the cheek before running in the living room and turning on the TV. It was her favorite show on Sundays. It was actually a kids channel and a kids show, but she just enjoyed watching it. She was eating bread with jam. Her mother stood in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room and watched her daughter.

"She doesn't seem to care anymore" she said turning around at her husband. He raised an eyebrow and looked over the top of his glasses.

"She just want us to think that" he closed the papers and looked at his wife focused. "What would you do if your father would forbid you of going somewhere?" he left Mrs. Liu in deep thoughts. "That's the psychology of adolescents nowaday. They want you to feel sorry for them, to pity them and actually tell them right" Mr. Liu whispered, giving lectures to his wife, but carefully not to be heard by any of his children. "It's the magic of the kids" he pointed to his forehead. "But they ain't gonna fool me" he said and laughed with a deep ha! But that was when a sleepy Jackie walked into the kitchen.

"Mornin'" she said before yawning, startling her father.

"Heh-heh morning, darling" he said faking a cough and looked at his wife, with suspicious eyes. Mrs. Liu just rolled her eyes, leaving her weird husband in the kitchen with his own fantasies.

She sat next to Amber and put an arm around her shoulders. Amber didn't really care, just smiled and turned back to watch the show. Her mother wondered what could she possibly say to her daughter to make her feel better, but there was no way she could do that. She knew how bad Amber felt, she was forbidden to go by her father too when she was young. She couldn't visit her favorite places, she couldn't go to the college she wanted to, that's why she had to marry her husband, because her father thought he would be a nice husband and a father. But today, Mrs. Liu decided to take the position of the head of the family, replacing her husband!

"You know, when you were little, dad and I used to follow every single step you made. You were si tiny and fragile, that even your father was worried about you all the time" Mrs. Liu started her story and played with Amber's hair. Amber turned her head, listening to her mother carefully. "We wouldn't thing you would become so strong like you are now."

"You can just simply say boyish" Amber added, looking down at the jar of the marmelade.

"No, no! Not at all, you didn't understand. I mean strong in mind. You can easily stand up on you feet after being defeated and that's what strong means. Not masculine, look at your border he is a mountain of muscles but he is scared of a fly!" the both laughed in union, sharing a nice bonding moment. "We know how much you would like to travel, baby, but we are worried. You don't know the language" Mrs. Liu said, leaving a space for Amber to talk and give her a reason.

"Miss Jung said she would teach me while she is here, the basics" Amber said and pointed at the books on the table. "And she said there are many English teachers that will teach on the school, just to teach us Italian" Amber said excited about her mother's interests, so much that she forgot her lies.

"Italian? What for?" her mother gave her a puzzled look and Amber just stayed frozen.

"What?" she asked, totally lost in her excuses. What was she going to say now? The bell rang at the front door and Amber jumped up in that instant, running to open the door. It was Jessica standing there, her hair messy and her eyes saying seduction. She was wearing a red lipstick on her lips, that was really tempting. She had a white coat with plack lines at the edges and short, very short, white tight dress and very fancy high heels. She first had that seductive expression, before changing it into a dorky smile as she made a quiestionating tilt. Amber was in shock and in fear right now, she couldn't really say if it was the right dress to wear to impress as a teacher, but it was y indeed. "M-Mom, miss Jung is here" Amber said trying to put on a fake smile as she was still worried about the result. Jessica walked in as a big model, crossing her legs like she was on a catwalk. Amber closed the door and banged her forehead against the wooden surface. 

"Good morning, Miss Jessica, it's nice to see you again" Mrs. Liu said and stood up from the couch, holding out her hand to shake Jessica's. She smiled back sweetly, not acting in front of Amber's mom. "Oh, right! Come in, did you have breakfast?" she asked softly, leading Jessica into the kitchen. Jessica turned around at Amber scared, never seeing her father before. Amber just showed her thumbs up and walked to the couch, cleaning up her breakfast. "Miss Jessica, this is my husband" Mrs. Liu said introducing Jessica to Mr. Liu. The man stood up, taking off his glasses and was ready to shake hands with Jessica, before being stopped in his tracks. He was exprecting an elderly woman, with a strict expression and reasonable quotes, but when he saw Jessica, he would be able to sign his own death.

"Good morning Mr. Liu" Jessica said and shook hands with the man vigorously, that would make her s bounce. She noticed how his shocked eyes lowered a level and smiled satisfied. She took her hand out of the sweaty palm of the man and disgutedly tried to wipe it somewhere. However she was interupted with Mrs. Liu's welcoming tea and a sweet smile. Jessica smiled back and sat down to the table. 

"My husband would have some questions for you about the school, right honey?" Mrs. Liu asked sitting beside Jessica and looking at her husband, who was standing frozen his hand still outstretched, mouth opened in shock. "Honey!?" she said in a little bit more awkard voice as she raised her tone. The man shook and looked down, automatically sitting down.

"What?" Mr. Liu looked at his wife and went blank. He had no idea what was the topic about and he had no idea of what he was supposed to ask.

"Mom? Could you come here?" Amber called out as she was standing with Jackie over a marmelade spot on the couch. Mrs. Liu stood up and rushed over to them, excusing herself. Now was Jessica's turn to strike!

She smiled at the elder male and pulled out the papers all written in Korean. Mr. Liu looked over at the paper as they both leaned forward but his eyes zooming on Jessica's cleavage as she pressed her chest against the table. She grabbed Mr. Liu's chin, lifting his head with a smirk on her face. She waved her index finger in a no-no gesture. Mr. Liu laughed awkwardly and pulled on the collar of his shirt, it was getting somehow hot inside. 

"B-But this is Korean, I can't read Korean" he said, looking at the paper as a matter-of-fact. Jessica reached in her bag, pulling out another paper written in English, however, it was fake. Jessica wrote it over the night by herself, writing some stuff about school things, that were just translated memberships for the agency. Mr. Liu tried to read the article, but he was too occupied by looking at Jessica's goddess' body. "Urm-ugh" he cleared his throat and wiped his hands on his thighs. "W-Why should I let her go so far to study? There are medical schools in America too" he pointed out, not really interested in the answer. Jessica brushed her hair behind her shoulders, stretching her back to make her chest more visible.

"Well~" she sang as she did so, "from our school, there are students graduating to be worldwide known celebrities" she said and leaned even closer to Mr. Liu.

"Celebrity doctors, you mean" he stammered and sweated harshly.

"Exactly" Jessica said in a sensual whisper as she took out a pan from her cleavage, handing it towards Mr. Liu. "I wouldn't be lying to you, your daughter is precious to us" Jessica said slightly pouted her red lips and made Mr. Liu gulp with difficulty.

"I-If you say so" he said and turned around to the papers, not reading a single bit of it and went down to the sign line. Jessica just leaned over more and placed her hand on Mr. Liu's inner thigh, making him jump. She picked the english paper up and made him sign the Korean term and conditions for Amber to be a part of the group. He signed the papers quickly as he was gritting his teeth and smacked the pen on the table with a big exhale, like he just had an . Jessica smiled happily, took the papers with the pen, grabbed Mr. Liu's hand shaking it while bowing her head.

"Thank you Mr. Liu" she said and bowed before leaving. She shook hands with Mrs. Liu and stood by Amber's side with her arm over her shoulderd. "Thank you Mrs. Liu and you Amber, should go pack your bags" Jessica said and made Amber bounce in excitement.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" she started to throw her fists in the air, jumped over to hug her mother and Jackie too. "Thank you, thank you all" Amber said and looked up at her mother.

"You should go thank your father" Mrs. Liu said and Amber ran to the kitchen giving a peck on her almost dead father's cheek.

"Thanks papa" she said and skipped back in the living room, making all of them smile. Amber's mom just stopped for a moment and looked at Jessica with tilted head. It wasn't a good sign for neither one of them.

"Can I ask, what for are they studying Italian?" she asked making Amber and Jessica bulge their eyes out. Jessica quickly tried to refresh her memory of the sites she was ready while writing the contract. 

"It is Italian, you know, for the medical expressions" AMber's mom squinted her eyes not understanding what her daughter just said. It didn't make sense. Jessica raised her hand behind Amber's back and smacked her on the head with a smiled on her face.

"That's Latin, dummy" Jessica whispered through gritted teeth at Amber. "Excuse your daughter, she muust've heard it wrong. It's Latin she was talking about, it is normal to mistake it with Italian, it's almost the same" Jessica said, shaking her head like it wasn't a big deal. Amber's mom nodded. Jessica tried to reason with Amber's mother more, about the leaving date and everything even about vacation she would be coming home and everything. Now just get those dates right!


Later in days, Amber and Jessica discussed the things Amber should pack and they were learning some Korean every single time. Amber was so excited about Korea, yet she wasn't satisfied with her brother's envious expression. She hoped that Jessica would keep her word and sign him up on an adution to a group. It was time for the two of them to leave. Amber and Jessica were already on the airport with their bags and everything. There was only Amber's mom and Donghae with Jackie, because on Mondays her dad was at work. Amber cling at her mother's back as they hugged their souls out before leaving. It was a touching moment. Jackie was already weeping, Donghae was acting cool but the sadness was seein in his face and Jessica, well the dork she was, she was having a straight face, sunglasses on but she was wiping her cheeks.

"Be careful there" Mrs. Liu said as she was hugging Amber. Amber nodded her head, tears running down her cheeks. "And call us right when you get there" her mom ordered as she pulled away from the hug. She wiped her daughter's cheeks from the wetness and pecked her forehead. "Make mommy proud" she whispered.

"Flight number 302, Los Angeles to Seoul, leaving in ten minutes" the speaker sounded and made Jessica turn her head searching for the woman talking.

"I gotta go" Amber said and looked at her family members. Everyone was crying, just Jessica was playing a detective to find the woman talking. "Last group hug?" she offered and all the four of them hugged in a touching scenery. Jessica awed and was about to hug them too, but Amber shook her head, stopping her from doing so. Jessica stepped back with a embarrassed face and just waited for Amber...

"Are you nervous?" Jessica asked as she was sitting in the first class with Amber by her side. Amber looked out of the window, seeing her family, waving at her from the big windows of the building. 

"Not really... I'm just emotional" Amber said and looked at Jessica with puffy eyes. Jessica smiled and fastened her seatbelt.

"I remember when I was going away from home for the first time. It was difficult to bare with, but I got used to it" she said and smiled more wider as she looked at Amber. "Believe me, when you see them again, you are going to appreciate their presence more" she said and looked at her phone, she plugged in her earplugs and played some F(x) music. "Here, listen and learn the lyrics for now" Jessica said and gave a lyriced version of their songs which were also translated into English. Amber was learning fast, not everything correctly, but she tried.


 The buildings, the air, the cars, the people everything was so different to Amber. Seoul was a big city, with many skyscrapers, but it was still different than LA. Amber was stunned by the amazing buildings around, especially those traditional ones. The bilboard were having the commercials for some facial products, presented with some really pretty Korean girls. It was amazing how the whole city lived with the music industry. Every corner was filled with some idol group, posters, commercials anything. And even the songs in the radio were Korean.

Inside the building, out of the plane, Jessica started to stretch herself, cracking her spine and back. She yawned and raised her hand high in the air. Amber just looked at her, tired of the travelling and still jetlegged. She was bent over, pulling all hers and even Jessica's luggage.

"That's refreshing!" said Jessica honestly taking a deep breath of the fresh-not-so-fresh air.

"Speak for yourself" Amber said as she almost collepsed from the weight of all those bags. She threw the bags off of her back and finally could stretch out too, making a loud bear noice as she did so. Jessica pulled her arms to herself, eyes widely opened and scared of Amber. Amber turned to her and relaxed finally. "What?"

"Goodness" Jessica said and put her hand on her chest. She shook her head and looked forward to seach for the car the company owned. "Search for my assistant" Jessica comanded as she started to focus her eyes on the coming and leaving cars at the entrance of the building. 

"How does he look like?" Amber asked, and looked around also.

"I don't know, he is a guy" Jessica said and made Amber look at her with really puzzled, confused, suprised, judgemnetal look.

"Jessica?" someone tapped Jessica on the shoulder with a hard panting voice. Both Amber and Jessica turned around, revealing Jessica's young assistant, Kyuhyun. Jessica threw herself around his neck hugging him kindly and brushed his suit off. Jessica was simply being Jessica while the guy seemed to have a really important speech or needed to use the bathroom. Amber looked at him with one squinted eyes, watching his expression. Jessica looked at Amber and followed her gaze.

"Kyu? You ok?" she asked in a simple English. Kyuhyun squinted his eyes more, his teeth showing from his parted lips. 

"The fans... they know... they here" he spoke in a difficult English as he pointed at the glass front door. How could Jessica not notice them. Amber opened her eyes wide in shock and panic. She saw how a huge crowd of young girls and boys stood there, holding up boards saying F(x) and some Korean signs, which Amber couldn't read. "I don't know how did they find out" Kyuhyun continued with his Korean and grabbed Jessica's shoulders. Amber looked at them pozzled and was grabbed by the wrist of Jessica.

"We need a plan" The three of them disappered somewhere in the lobby of the airport, leaving their luggage at the middle of the building.

Jessica was sitting with her back to the possible entrance of the fans if they would be too eager to enter the airport to attack Amber and Jessica. Jessica and Kyuhyun were in deep thoughts, totally giving Amber the idea of spending too much time together. Jessica was pressing her index finger against her forehead and Kyuhyun did so too. Amber was just looking at them with a confused expression.

"Got it! We will put you in a suitcase and sneak you into the car" that stupid idea could only be Jessica's. Amber rolled her eyes as she saw Jessica changed her mind. "No, too heavy and I have too much clothes" another minute of silence until she spoke up again. "We will dress you as a member of the group and act like I haven't found anybody" she said, making Kyuhyun's head turn around at her. 

"None of the members has short hair and we don't have a wig" Kyuhyun corrected Jessica, taking all of her ideas away, leavving Amber all confused, because she didn't understand a single word.

"Short hair member?" Jessica thought and looked at Kyuhyun at first and then at Amber. "She will be our new luggage holder" Jessica said in English, making Amber lean back away from her and shake her head.

"Never! You have too many clothes!" she protested making Jessica smile devilishly. She grabbed a hold of Kyuhyun's suitcoat and handed it to Amber. She snatched her cap from Amber's head and put it on Kyuhyun's head, shaking her head in disaproval of the style, but she didn't care. She gave Amber her own sunglasses and made her wear all of that.

They left the building as a really weird trio. Jessica was covering her face with her purse as the paparazzi started taking photos and the crowd started to cheer. Kyunhyun was known as her assistant, but today, he was the target of mocking. He was wearing colorful cap, sunglasses, white shirt and black formal pants with fancy shoes. He looked like a clown. However Amber was looking like a manly bodyguard of Jessica's. She was holding all these bags in her arms and on her back, aiming for the back of the car, being helped out with Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun asked Amber if she had a driving licence in Korean but she just hummed not understaning. 

"You... vrrm vrrm" Kyuhyun said and moved his hands as he was steering the wheel. Amber nodded but wasn't sure, if her licence would be enough in Korea, she was only 17. Kyuhyun went to sit in the backseat, gesturing Amber to drive. Fortunately AMber had those sunglasses or her eyes would jump out of her sockets. She sat casually as possibly behind the steering wheel and started the engine, driving away with the car. She was panicking as the crowd was jumping around the car and startling not only Jessica at the back but even Kyuhyun and Amber. Jessica was encouraging Amber to drive further until she'll be off of the airport, exchanging her seats with Kyuhyun later.


After that shocking experience, Amber was able to mesmerize the magic of South Korea. After arriving into Seoul, the capital of Korea, she just wowed about it. Jessica smiled to herself that she was enjoying her stay. Jessica though forgot to tell Amber one last thing, that she is going to meet their boss for the first time today. And that might cause somthing unwanted, or not?


Jessica was in the lead of the trio and walked inside the building being greeted by all the other workers as she bowed at them back. Amber was trying to follow up behind Jessica as good as possible, but her steps were too fast despite her high heels. She quickly walked into the elevator, holding it for the two following members, before quickly clicking the button close, to not let anyone other in. 

"Where are we going?"

"To see Mr. Park" Jessica said and tried to stay as calm as possible, not to let Amber feel her fear.

"To what who?" Amber raged, almost grabbing a hold of Jessica's hair and beat her until sees unicorns. Kyuhyun stepped between them, both tried to take a hold of the other arguing about the unfairness. Kyuhyun pushed the girls away from each other, until he suddenly touched Amber's chest, making Amber criss her arms on her chest and jump back. Jessica bit her bottom lip looking up at Kyuhyun who looked at his hand, not believing what he just felt. Jessica knew he was about to cry out in shock and muffled his mouth with her palms. The elevator opened and there stood Mr. Park with his bodyguards and personal assistant Yuri, who was smirking devilishly at the scene in the elevator. Amber looked at Jessica and Kyuhyun who had really shocked expressions and back at Mr. Park who looked really strict in the face.

"We have a problem" Amber said in English, gaining everyones' attention.