Three

Ultimate Star

"Do I look like a teacher?" Jessica asked as her and Amber were standing in front of Amber's family's house. Amber looked at Jessica's weird style and squinted one eye. Jessica was wearing an floral kneelenght skirt, a brown suitcoat and a white shirt. She had her hair in a bun, her bangs covering her red swollen forehead, and had her dioptrical glasses on. The only not typical to teachers were her extremely gorgeous and rich high heels she was wearing. 

"Not really, but they'll buy it if you're a good actress" Amber said and was about to open the door.

"Are you kidding? I would be the number one actress in South Korea, please!" Jessica said, throwing her hair behind her shoulder and breathed out. Amber shrugged her shoulders, not believing the woman a word. 

She opened the door and fortunately, everyone was sitting in the living room. As it seemed Donghae already warned the whole family about Amber's disappearance. Jackie and her mother jumped up from their seats as they saw Amber at the doorway. Donghae rushed over too, grabbing a hold of Amber, hugging her head in his arms.

"Where have you been?" he asked as he was squeezing her, slowly suffocating her as she beat his stomach and arms to let her go.

"We were so worried" Amber's mother said and looked out the door. Jackie and Donghae also looked there, Donghae instinctively pulling Amber away from the door and pointing at Jessica. "Hello?" Amber's mother asked politely. 

"That's the crazy woman!" Donghae said making Jackie and their mother look at him. Jessica stepped closer to the door and smiled sweetly. She looked at Donghae with a weird smile, trying to make him shut up. 

"It's really nice to meet you Mrs.-" she stuck there, not being told Amber's last name. She looked lower at Amber's head in Donghae's strong grip. She mouthed her 'Liu'. "Mrs. Lew" Jessica mispronounced the name and bowed her head a bit.

"It's Liu" their mother corrected still having a polite smile. "But who are you?"

"I told you, she's a crazy woman!" Donghae said, but Jessica quickly took her opportunity and slapped Donghae's biceps again, making him yelp and let go of Amber who took a deep breath.

"Silly boy" Jessica said and made grandmother pinch on his cheek, to which she must've stood tiptoes. "My name is Jung Jessica and I'm a teacher in a Korean electrical school-"

"Erghm-Medical-hmhm" Amber coughed. 

"Medical school. We offer your daughter scholarship to study at our top class school" Jessica said, impressing Jackie and their mother too. Donghae was the only one not buying this. 

"She is lying, she is a-" Amber grabbed Donghae around the mouth and started to wrestle with him, to shut him up as long as she could. Jackie rolled her eyes and joined the fight to separate the two. Mrs. Liu on the other hand invited Jessica inside, closing the door after her.

Mrs. Liu and Jessica were sitting in the kitchen at the dining table with a cup of tea. Jessica was impressing Amber's mother more and more as she was describing the school she would go to, but the only question was:

"How did my daughter got noticed so far away from home? She is not the best student either" Mrs. Liu said looked outside in the living room, where Donghae was sitting with a ice pack on his crouch, Amber holding her neck as he was choking her and Jackie sitting between them as a referee. Jessica laughed on Mrs. Liu's question and rather took a sip of the tea to quickly make up something. 

"We are not looking at grades, Mrs. Liu, it's the talent and ambition we are looking for in a doctor. Do you see how Amber got the weak spot of a man? I call that a talent" Jessica said, making Amber's head turn when she heard her, Jackie's too and Donghae's hurt face too. Mrs. Liu cleared and looked at her kids. 

"I'm not sure if that's a talent, but... I should discuss this with my husband and daughter first" she said, making Jessica nod. She took another sip and smiled at Mrs. Liu.

"You are amazingly right" she said and fixed her glasses.

"And how will she study? She doesn't know any Korean" Mrs. Liu said and covered in surprise.

"I do!" Donghae said raising his head, however failing miserably as the pain rushed up to his bulge rapidly. Jessica waved her hand, shushing the boy.

"Sure, sure boy" Jessica laughed slightly and looked at Mrs. Liu. "I really need you daughter to join out school. Really, I would do anything" Mrs. Liu had enough and with a smile she started rushing Jessica out of the house. "Please, miss Liu, please" Jessica started to beg as she twirled around, stumbled as Mrs. Liu pushed her out of the door.

"Yeah, yeah... thank you" Mrs. Liu said and made show seeing Jessica out of the house, amusing her children. 

"Amber, call me... " Jessica tried to speak but Mrs. Liu shut the door in her face.

"Mother power" Mrs. Liu said and dusted off her hands, looking at her children, who were all turned to her. "What? I'm a superhero" she said and walked back into the kitchen. 

"Yeah, in cartoons for babies" Jackie laughed and got up, following her mother into the kitchen. Amber quickly stood up on her feet and jumped over the couch, rushing out.

"Where are you going now?" Donghae yelled after her, but Amber was already outside. "Hey!" he said and groand as he tried to stand up, limping over to the kitchen. "Mom! The ice is melting! Can you give me some of the frozen vegies?"

"Sit in the freezer, I don't want your germs in my food" Mrs. Liu replied.


Amber ran out of the house and spotted Jessica standing at the porch still. She smiled about to ask something, but Amber pushed her more, leading her away from their properity. Jessica was twirling and spinning and stumbling as Amber pushed her. 

"You and your mother are so alike!" she said as Amber stopped and fixed herself. She sighed and shook her arms. "How did it go?"

"Well, mom bought it... But it really depends on my father now" Amber said and shove her fists into her pockets. 

"Did I do good?" Jessica a pose, pursing her lips into a ducks face and ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm sure I did~!"

"If you may keep quiet, miss perfect, I would tell you that you should make them sign the contract somehow too" Amber said making Jessica stop in her track and just look up at her, terrified.

"What with what?" Jessica asked pressing her lips in a thin line. She stood straight and looked at Amber.

"I'm seventeen, auntie... You can't just take me to Korea" Amber said and made Jessica whine again.

"Complications, complications, complications! You missy is a trouble" Jessica said and stomped her feet on the ground. "Tell me more about yourself please, I don't want any surprises..."


Amber spent the evening with Jessica in her hotel room in this side of California. Amber took care of Jessica's forehead, massaging a gel onto her skin. Jessica was complaining about the pain, hissing and whining all the time.

"Could you stop whining?" Amber complained and but the warming pad on her forehead with pressure. Jessica cried the last time and laid in the armchair she was sitting in. The two discussed everything about Amber's membership with the group. Amber agreed with almost anything, but when it come to posing shirtless, she complained. "I don't have a male body, did you forget?"

"No... I haven't" Jessica said mockingly and cracked an eye opened. "It's just... Male idols have such photoshoots that we are signed up to" Jessica said and crossed her legs, now wearing a pair of comfy sweatpants.

"And what about living? Where will I live?" Amber asked crossing her legs and leaning her elbow on her knee.

"In the dorm, with the girls. Don't worry, they have separated rooms from yours" Jessica said and closed her eye back again.

"I already have a room?"

"Sure, this project has been on for a while now. It's just all these guys went on praising the girls, hitting on them, bein show offs or totally talentless" Jessica said swaying her hand, this and that.

"That's why you picked a girl?" Amber laughed, mocking Jessica.

"No, that's why I chose you as the ideal guy" Jessica said and smiled with her eyes closed. "Maybe you would like to see the girls?" Jessica asked and stood up quickly running over to her unpacked luggage.

"You have already packed?" Amber asked seeing all those suitcases.

"I haven't even unpacked, dear" she laughed as she bent over, looking through her bags. "I came here today, just to pick you up and leave again."

"What?" Amber looked around, as Jessica came skipping and throwing some photos of her with the girls and only the girls.

"I was born in San Francisco... I came here because I got a message that we have some auditions here, so I let my assistant take my place in the industry for now" she said and sat on the couch next to Amber, holding up a picture. "These are pictures of the photoshoots, mostly" Jessica said and looked at the smiling Amber.

"They look really pretty... I don't understand why you need a guy between them" Amber confessed. "Why are there so much photos of you and this chick?" Amber asked showing one picture of Jessica and an member.

"Krystal? She is my little sister" Jessica said smiling warmly.

"Sister?"

"Yeah, she is my dongsaeng" Jessica said and took the picture from Amber. "And I'm her unnie... Oh! By the way don't call me auntie... call me simpy noona" Jessica said and bumped her shoulder against Amber's. 

"What does that all mean?" she asked with her confused expression.

"Dongsaeng is a younger sibling, no denger defined. Unnie is an older sister to a girl and noona is an older sister to a boy" Jessica explained thinking about something more to teach Amber.

"So you're my noona, right?"

"Precisely! Now, we have three days to leave-"

"If my father agrees" Amber cut her off. Jessica just nodded and continued her speech.

"Until then, I will have to teach you all I can manage until we leave" Jessica said and returned to her bags, leaving Amber with the pictures to examine them more. Jessica returned with a bunch of books and notebooks. "Korean books... study!" Jessica said and let them all fall into Amber's lap. She huffed a little from the weight and looked up at Jessica.

"You can't be serious?" Jessica just nodded with a playful smile and sat back in her armchair. "What about the contract?"

"I'll deal with that, don't worry... See you tomorrow then" Jessica said and waved her fingers and Amber as a farewell. Amber stared at her for a while, before piling up the books and notebooks, taking them outside and all the way home...


Amber arrived home at a bit of a late time, but it wasn't too late for Amber. She managed to get inside the house, with the huge tower of books in her arms. She tried to be quiet, not knowing if anyone would be in the living room. She couldn't see through the books but she sure got a glimpse of the light in the kitchen.

"Amber?" her mother's voice called out.

"Yep?" she called out back.

"Could you come here for a moment, and what's all that in your hands?"

"Books, Korean books" Amber replied not knowing how to look at her mother. "Miss Jung gave me that to study before leaving" Amber said and heard her mother sigh. "What's wrong?" Amber asked as she finally put the books down on the coffee table.

"Sweety, come here please" Mrs. Liu said and extended her arm towards Amber. Amber was feeling that something bad is going to happen. Her stomach was wobbling and she knew her mother never acted like this before. Fortunately, her father was sitting in the kitchen not having an angry expression nor anything suspicious. Amber sat down, followed by her mother. "I and your father wanted to talk to you about your school in Korea" her mother started but was stopped by her father.

"I'm not allowing you to go" Mr. Liu stated, looking at Amber. She was shocked at first but that feeeling slowly changed into anger.

"What? Why not?" Amber raised her voice a bit.

"You are underage and we don't know anything about the school" he said, looking more strictly at Amber.

"Miss Jung will bring you the papers by tomorrow" Amber started bubbling about to defend herself. "I will tell you anything, you may ask her too and-"

"Quiet!" her father yelled, making both Amber and her mother jump. "I said you're not going and that's final!"

Amber stood up, tears hanging by the corners of her eyes as she rushed out of the kitchen, going up the stairs.

"Amber!" her father called out again. "Amber Josephine Liu!" her father raged. Mrs. Liu stepped in and grabbed her husband by his arms. The man looked at her and tried to calm down a bit as his wife seated him back down.

"Darling..." she whispered as she tried to reason with him.


Amber shut the door of the room she shared with Jackie and climbed up to her bed, crying. Jackie was concerned as she was reading her book until being disturbed by Amber.

"Are you alright?"

"Leave me alone" Amber weeped as she curled up in a ball on her bed, crying into her pillow. Jackie felt bad that she couldn't help, but anyway, she could do nothing about it. If Amber wouldn't talk, Jackie wouldn't be able to help. She shut her book and stood up from her bed, leaving Amber alone in the room, giving her some space.

Why was it so hard to parents to let their kids do what they want? She wasn't a kid anymore, but she really wanted to go. Not to be famous, but to see the world. She would be probably really happy seeing all of the Korean people and if she would go on tours, what other parts of the world would she be able to see? Maybe she would get Donghae in the industry and he would be able to make his dream come true. But Amber's father wouldn't accept any of Amber's ideas or ambitions. She always wanted something, something really small to achieve to get there, but when it come to big steps, she was held down by her father. Every single time.

Someone poked Amber in her back, making her rage up again. 

"I told you to leave me alone" she cried out.

"It's me" it was Donghae's silent voice. "Come down or I'll carry off" he threatened with a small hope she would come without action. Making a small efforet to caress her back, she moved away from his hand. "Fine, you asked for it" he said his last words and stepped up few stairs and grabbed a hold of Amber's ankle, pulling her lower off the bed. He sunk his hands between her and the mattress, picking her up bridal style. Amber hugged her pillow to her face, to not be seen crying as she hated to look weak. Donghae carried Amber all the way out of her room, passing the gossiping Jackie who went to call Donghae to cheer Amber up. Donghae took Amber to his room, making her sit on his bed. He sit next to her with a hand on her back, soothing her gently. "You know he didn't mean it like that."

"He did... every single word" Amber said sniffing as she was trying to hold back her tears. "He won't let me do anything, never! And I he makes me hate you guys, because you can do anything" she confessed. Donghae hugged her to his chest as the good big brother he really was.

"It wasn't that easy for us either. When I was the youngest, when you weren't in the plan still, dad was too overprotective about me too. I couldn't go play with the other kids, I couldn't go hike with the class, but later I grew up to be a strong willed person, that's why he won't stand a chance against me" as long as he was concerned, this all was true.

"But you are a boy! You are stronger than me" Amber said, wiping her nose on the back of her hand. "What about Jackie, she is still a girl and he won't be banning her from going to college" she complained. Donghae sighed and started to brush her hair lightly.

"He wasn't that easy to break. Do you remember when Jackie got a boyfriend?" Amber nodded. "You now why they are not dating anymore? Dad went to talk to him personally to clear things out, that his daughter won't be dating an useless guy" Donghae said and looked down at Amber. "You can't choose your parents and dad is just that kind of a strict father" Donghae said and made Amber look up at him. "He won't be that solid for too long... he has a heart too" Donghae smiled and when he saw Amber's ugly crying face he turned around to his night stand, taking the box of tissues from there, handing it to her. She took one and blow her nose into it.

"Thank you" she said and wiped her eyes and cheeks with another one.

"You're welcome" he said waving his hand like it was nothing.

"No, I mean... even back then when you tried to protect me, thank you" Amber said with a sincer smile through her tearful face. Donghae chuckled and patted her head.

"I'm still your big brother, I can't tell no to my little sister" he said as Amber blew her nose again. 

"One question, why do you have these by your bed?" Amber asked, suspecting her brother of too often. Donghae took a deep breath as he wanted to say something before realizing what he was asked about. He blushed at his cheeks and made Amber shuffle out of his room while chuckling with her nosy voice. "You still love me!" she said and with a better mood.

She went back to her room. She saw Jackie and smiled at her and jumped on the bed, snuggling up to her. Jackie put away the book and hugged her little sister to her side, patting her on the arm.

"Feeling better?" asked the older and looked down at Amber. She nodded her head as she took a sniffy breath holding back her tears. "Dad won't be able to resist his little girl for too long either" Jackie said sending a great idea straight to Amber's brain. She kissed her on the cheek and thanked her, before running out of the room again and into the bathroom.

Amber took out her phone and searched for Jessica's newly saved number. She dialed it and waited a bit too long for her to answer.

"What is it?" Jessica's sleepy voice sounded and made Amber ignore it.

"You should be here tomorrow, right in the morning" she said with excitement in her voice.

"I can't make so much work on Sunday, I shouldn't work at all" she whined in her phone.

"Stop it, I need you to play the y teacher for my dad" Amber said.

"Play what?" Jessica suddenly woke up a bit more, staring at her phone in shock. "Are you serious?"

"Yes! No man can resist a woman! You have to do it! Noona please~" Amber put on her cuteness a little bit, perssuading Jessica instantly.

"Ok, so what should I wear? A miniskirt with low cut shirt and a suitcoat?"

"You could come and I wouldn't care. Thanks!" Amber said and canceled the call. "Yes!" she cheered to herself doing a little happy dance while sitting on the closed toilet. 

Jessica looked at her phone dumbfounded wondering if Amber just said what she said. She thought for a while if it wouldn't be a better idea.

"No! Even y teachers must be decent. What would they do striptease for the principals if they'd come " Jessica solved the riddle like a clever girl and with a satisfied smile she went back to bed...


 

 

Hello~~

So three in one day *wipes sweat*

I'm really enjoying writing this and I hope you enjoy reading this

I got two suggestions for the sister groups

Miss A and 4Minute I would like to leave it up to you vote

Peace out^^