One

Ultimate Star

It was a beautiful morning on a hot summer Saturday. Amber was still sleeping in her room, which she shared with her sister Jackie. Nevertheless, Amber had her weekend just starting and already planned on sleeping in, although someone was pretty active already at 8 in the morning. The shower run pretty quietly from the other room, but the music coming from there and the falsetto sung by Amber's older brother was unbelievable. She cracked her eyes open to see the sun shining through the curtains of their shared room and reveal the separated personalities of her and her sister lying on the floor. Literally.

Jackie's side was cleaner and pretty much all her stuff was neatly organized. She head a big bed with plush toys and various colorful bedding. She was the girlier side of Amber's persona. They were usually mistaken for twins, yet Jackie was the older sister.

On the other hand, Amber's side was plain in color and messy. She had a bunk bed, but under her bed was her study desk, with every kind of mess she could find. Her whole dresser was nicely thrown out of the drawers and just placed on the chair or the stairs up to her bed, or simply on the floor. However she had her cap collection untouched. It was placed on shelves right beside the door, so she could easily grab one while leaving the room.

She squeezed her eyes shut as she threw her blanket off of herself. It was an huge pressure on her, when it came to her brother. She was the youngest and that made her be the least noticed one. Her sister was the good girl, who would study the best and go to college once she gets the scholarship. Her brother would be the talented trouble maker, who can easily whine himself out of things. And Amber would be the silent stalker, who eats, sleeps, eats again and repeat. She would be usually the least one to have a word in this house. Her parents would usually scold her instead of the two others. Her father even had something against her being her. Having short hair, dressing up in her brother's clothes, acting like a boy. Too bad Amber didn't cared at all, just like they didn't.

She jumped out of the bed, wearing only her underwear and a huge baggy shirt. Her short hair standing up to every single direction as she stormed out of her room, to bang on the door of the bathroom. She wasn't really masculine what comes to her body, even if she liked sports. She didn't have a six pack, but only a soft definition what comes to abs. Unfortunately, she was born with a flat chest, what even more encouraged her to be a tomboy, because she couldn't be so fine as the other girl's from her neighborhood in California. She had really feminine legs, that's why she usually stood with her legs wide apart. She copied her brother's steps to get the exact way of male walking and she enjoyed it when she was with her friends. She was usually very popular among her friends, because she was a dork. She could make fun of anything even out of herself and that's why she became popular at school really fast. She was better with boys to keep the friendship, because girls were usually scared she would hit on them. Not really... She wasn't oriented that way. At least she wasn't exactly sure, she never was in a relationship. 

"Donghae!" she yelled out, banging her fist on the door of the occupied bathroom. In return, she only got a louder singing of IU's 4 octaves high note of Good Day. Amber furrowed her eyebrows and gritted her teeth not being to able to hear so much false notes. "Shut up can you!" Amber yelled back at him and kicked the door, hitting her thumb on the solid surface. "Ouch!" she grabbed her toe and glared at the door.


The door on the bathroom opened and revealed a furious glaring Amber and a grinning Donghae with only a towel around his waist and one around his neck, drying his hair. He ruffled Amber's already messy hair and grinned in her face mockingly.

"You, my little sister, can't not make my day bad today" Donghae sang and grabbed Amber around her neck, hugging her playfully. She protested trying to push him away, struggling for her freedom. "Today is the best day of my life!"

"Are you finally getting laid?" Amber looked up at Donghae, scratching on his arm around her neck. He looked down at her with a very serious look.

"No, you dummy" he ruffled her hair and let go of her. "Today is the K-pop con, dear sis" he said and with huge smile on his face skipped back into his room. Amber watched him as he left, with that puzzled face, furrowed eyebrows, eyes blinking and mouth opened to speak. She shook her head and rather stomped back into her room, shutting the door with a loud bang, waking up Jackie in that swing. 


Amber made herself look again like a swagger boy, wearing an AC/DC plus sized shirt, baggy dark pants and skater shoes. She straightened her bangs to the front, so it covered her eyes almost. She was watching the show in the TV in the living room, when Donghae's friends arrived. Eunhyuk and Shindong were standing in the doorway, waiting for Donghae to get ready. Amber just waved at them and wasn't bothered anymore. 

"Are you guys ready to rock?"

"Like little kids, when you won't be chosen to audition" Amber munched on her cereals which she got herself for breakfast. She heard Eunhyuk march on his spot and whine. 

"Why is you bro like this? Amber, why are you like this?" he whined and Amber turned her head with a grin.

"Because I'm awesome!" she said and shrugged her shoulders. She heard a car honking and stretched her head out to see what's going on. It was a minivan waiting for them, but as usual, it was their girl friends, Tiffany, Sunny and Hyoyeon. They were always a step ahead from these guys and Amber knew it very much. Hyoyeon already stepped out of the car and came nagging about taking too long.

"Boys, let's go! We have to prepare the equipment first" she said and when she spotted Amber she waved vigorously. "Aren't you coming too?" she asked, first looking at her and then at Donghae. Donghae made a disgusted face and shook his head.

"He won't let me" Amber said and shook her head. Hyoyeon stepped closer to Donghae and smacked him on the head.

"It's my car, my show so Amber is coming" Hyoyeon said, scolding Donghae at the same time. Amber jumped out, not meaning to be so hyper about it, she jumped over the back rest and placed the bowl with cereals on the nearest dresser she could find. Hyoyeon hugged Amber around the waist and Amber threw her own arm over her shoulder. The two went to the car at first being followed by the complaining boys.

Amber noticed how the minivan was stuffed. It was amazing how could they fir so much stuff and seven people inside one car. 


At the place, they arrived at a building that let them rent the place for the cheapest prize. It was nothing that huge, more like a place where people organize auctions. A small stage, a hundred of unplaced chairs and no windows. The bunch ran up to the stage, holding the big speakers and boxes with other equipment. Amber just walked in watching how they started preparing the stage for the game. Hyoyeon was ordering people around. Eunhyuk and Shindong were ordered to bring a table over to the stage, Donghae was ordered to place the speakers to the sides of the stage. Tiffany and Sunny were sent to place the chairs on both sides of the room and leave some corridor in the middle. Amber walked up to the stage where Hyoyeon was plugging her laptop in the electricity and opening some programs.

"You must be really excited about this, right?" asked Amber making Hyoyeon smile without looking at her.

"It's a fine thing to do... I mean, it's hard for the k-pop fans in USA to meet their idols or even to find friends who have the same interests. We are the same, just a bit more lucky to live close to each other" Hyoyeon said and Amber nodded understanding. "I know how do they feel, plus when they are younger than us, so we made something for them to make friends and socialize" Hyoyeon finished her work with her laptop and turned sideways to Amber. She leaned against the table and pinched Amber's cheek. "But you wouldn't understand that, huh?" she said mockingly leaving Amber there going to help the guys to plug in the speakers in her laptop. Amber was puzzled once again. What did she mean?

Amber was usually the one who stayed home most of the time staring into her laptop, watching movies or listening to music. She was the one who was awkward going out alone, because her friends would only be around when they were doing something fun not only being bored. 

The group of friends reserved some chairs for themselves taking them up to the stage, putting their bags and belongings there. They quickly changed, girls wearing high waist leggings, cropped shirts and shirts around their waists, while guys dressed like the BTS. Amber just shook her head at how funny her brother looked and started going through the stuff Hyoyeon has prepared with Donghae for the people who will come. They were really grateful to whoever would come and join the madness. Amber also gave a hand to the giveaway, because Donghae bragged for her saved up money to be able to buy a huge amount of the cheapest K-Pop merch. Sunny and Hyoyeon were now putting in each k-pop bag they bought a bottle of water, some Korean snacks a full album of one k-pop group, and a shirt with the K-pop con title and all the groups' names and logos. It was a really expensive gift for all the people who would come. Tiffany was preparing the cards with the K-pop con participant, which would be given to the kids. And the boy of course, were preparing the free food and drink corner.

"Is it the best idea to give these kids all that junk food?" Shindong complained, with sadness in his face. Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at him with the worst glare ever. 

"Boy, you are gonna eat them too" Eunhyuk poked Shindong's head like in a Korean drama would those actors. Amber rolled her eyes and sat down on a chair in the middle of the room.

"Too much episodes of the Coffee prince, anchovy" Amber said and stuck out her tongue, eyes disappearing as she did. Eunhyuk scoffed and just shrugged his shoulders, ignoring her comment. Amber looked at her phone with no messages, no missed calls no nothing. "When is this mess starting?" 

"In half an hour" Hyoyeon said also looking at her phone. She put a hanger around Tiffany's neck saying Host. "Ambro, come here" Hyoyeon said gesturing at Amber to come over. Amber got up, but only to climb across the top of the chairs, taking a shortcut. Hyoyeon hung the same card around Amber's neck. "Just bare with it" Hyoyeon said and put an arm around Amber's shoulders.

"That's bull, why does she wear one?" Donghae came storming in front of the two pouting.

"Stop it, dino... you are gonna dance, you can't wear anything around your neck" Hyoyeon said and pushed Donghae away with her index finger against his forehead. She was really cool in Amber's eyes and it seemed like in Eunhyuk's as well. He was head to toe fallen for her. He even started listening to K-pop because of her and that made them nothing more than friends. For now. Donghae had a major crush on Tiffany since elementary school and he still can't find himself a girlfriend because he keeps his hopes up. The fresh opposite of them is Shindong, who got Sunny under his love charm, which Amber could never understand how. They are dating for few months now and they are perfect. They never fight, respect each other and have the same hobbies.

"Amber, can you please the porter here?" Tiffany asked, looking in Amber's eyes as she stood a bit higher than the younger. Amber nodded and escaped from Hyoyeon's hug, who was still fighting with Donghae about stupid stuff. 


Amber was going through the cards with the title participant and she was just silently watching the opened door, if someone wouldn't come, while the girls were practicing their dances. Amber heard some voices on the hall and she walked pass her booth looking out. Only her head was visible. She saw a couple of girls, looking around lost. One spotted her and poked the other on the shoulder. The other smiled and skipped over to Amber. 

"Excuse me, do you know where the K-pop con is?" the girl asked, being astonished by Amber appearance. One was actually blushing as Amber laid eyes on her.

"Right in here" Amber said and stepped back letting the girls inside. One called out 'found it' and suddenly a numerous bunch of people hurried to the door where Amber stood. Hyoyeon and the other's got a bit startled, but smiled as they saw all of the participants coming. Sunny and Hyoyeon high fived while Tiffany just covered touched. The boys stood up from their chairs and ran across to welcome the participants at the door, giving them even bigger heart attacks. Just imagine four handsome Asian guys welcoming you the k-pop fan. You would probably steal each one of them.

Shindong helped Amber give out the cards, while Donghae and Eunhyuk helped deal out the gifts. Most of the participants were familiar with all six of them, except for Amber, from the Youtube videos, their covers of K-pop songs and dance covers. Few asked for pictures with them and hugged them as a welcome. The boys were kind of happy about it, because the most of it were pretty girls. Amber got much attention too, being asked her name and all, but only to be silenced by Shindong.

"What?" she whispered to him and glared at him. Shindong pointed at her brother and he was already looking at her. She shrugged her shoulders not knowing what was going on. He pointed to his head and then grabbed his crouch and pointed at Amber. She put a hand on her chest with a what-the-fu*k face and getting the message. Donghae tried to tell her that they think she is a dude. Amber went back to give out the cards, smiling at the participants and making more girls melt and talk about how handsome she is. Hyoyeon was seating all of them, giving them directions and further information, while Tiffany was on the stage, trying to make the microphone work. She jumped up trying to catch someone's attention. She waved her hands in the arm before sticking her arms high in the air. Donghae looked at her as the only one who was always looking at her. He gave out the bag with all that and smiled at the white girl with crimson red hair, before rushing over to the stage. 

"The mic is not working" Tiff complained handing the mic to Donghae, before putting her arms on her waist. Donghae started fixing it, making Amber laugh at the booth. He had no idea how electronics work...


The participants were seated, everyone nervous and in anticipation of what this is going to be. Tiffany said she used to make these K-pop cons while living in New York, but there weren't so much people to take part in it. Tiffany was already on the stage, Eunhyuk preparing the camera for the documentation, Shindong having his camera in his hands taking photos of the place. Hyoyeon was making the songs in a playlist and Sunny and Donghae were standing under the stage, whispering how nervous they were about this performance. Amber was standing next to Shindong again in the corner of the room.

"Are you ready guys for the game?" there was a silent clap as Tiffany spoke up. "Are you ready to jump up really fast if you know the song, because the count down is really fast" she added and looked at Hyoyeon who pitifully made a nod at the audience. "The first song starts immediately, there's no countdown. Ready?" she asked and the people in the crowd nodded their hands and Tiffany turned off the mic. She looked at Hyoyeon who pressed the play button. There was a moment of silence as it loaded first, but Hyoyeon was already under the stage as she jumped down of it. The first song was:

Miss A- Only you: It had a really small amount of people dancing in front of the camera, because they were scared, shy or just simply didn't know the dance. Tiffany jumped off the stage, with the mic still in her hands and started dancing to the song, making the whole room laugh, because nor Hyoyeon or Sunny or the guys didn't start to dance. Only one girl stood out from the chairs and ran over dancing behind Tiffany, making the crowd cheer. Amber however felt a bit lonely there and also wanted to shine a bit. She didn't want to be a host, she wanted to be a participant. She was even dressed differently than the other hosts. She took a deep breath and ran over to the stage, dancing too, making Hyoyeon and Tiffany cheer for her. Donghae's eyes were squinted looking at what she was doing. He was taken aback, because Amber didn't like K-pop and nor did she learn the dances, however, she did a good job dancing the excat same steps as Miss A did... Before the end, Sunny ran forward and finished the dance with the others, doing the body rolls with the three of them getting a loud clapping. After leaving, Sunny and Tiffany praised Amber for having the courage and Hyoyeon just showed her thumbs up. 

2PM - Go Crazy: Donghae and Eunhyuk were the first to get the song in their ears, rushing to the front and Hyoyeon stood up at the very front. This song must've been more popular, because almost the quarter of the people stood up and went to do the crazy motorbike movements, including Amber. The song went crazy after the dancers put their freestyle definition of going crazy. Amber laughed at few of them, especially of her brother's. He was doing a jump forward with his legs far apart and arms in stretched in the air, while Hyoyeon made a great split on the ground. 

EXO - Growl: Hyoyeon and Amber didn't hesitated to come out. Amber stood far from Hyoyeon, not to be too much in the camera perspective, because she knew her brother would kill her for showing off. The other's, Eunhyuk and Donghae joined the dancing crowd. There was a bigger number of dancers and a bigger cheering for them. Tiffany and Sunny were clapping and cheering for their friends and for the participants, but they couldn't unsee Amber's perfect movements. She must've learnt the dances. While they practiced together the whole squad, Amber must've done it alone. And that was when they learnt how talented she must be, doing better job than her hard-working brother. Before the end, Hyoyeon ignored all of her friends and went to make the last pose with Amber, making the tomboy smile and the room cheer. 

GDxTaeyang - Good Boy: Shindong handed the camera to Sunny and she clumsily grabbed it. The three guys were so excited about this song. Thy were at the front and encouraged the participants to do a freestyle. While Shindong and Eunhyuk made a show with the participants, making them laugh and dance along, Amber and Donghae had a competition who did it better. Donghae gave his all to the dance, while Amber was having fun with the tall girl, with long, thin legs who was seeming to hit on her since the first song. 

BTS - Danger: Only Sunny stood out, leaving the girls behind, being now the badass chick. She handed the camera to Tiffany and left to dance. She was the first out, followed by Amber who wanted to be out of the camera lance, but the crowd was so small, that she filled in the empty place beside Sunny. It was a baddass song with a badass dance, and with Sunny and Amber as the lead, Hyoyeon and Tiffany both were too shocked by the result. "This is good, this looks really good" Hyoyeon said and Tiffany nodded in agreement. "Sun, do you hear this look good!" Hyoyeon added showing thumbs up at Sunny, but in fact, their eyes were set on Amber, how manly she suddenly looked even in the eyes of those who knew she's a girl. 

AOA - Like a cat: The girls started to squeal as they saw Eunhyuk take part in the dancing and ran over to the middle of the prepared place and started to dance in his background. Hyoyeon, Sunny and Tiffany ran forward too laughing and started mocking Eunhyuk about the courage to dance something so girly. Yet it was good for the show and good for the popularity. The boys were also making fun of Eunhyuk, but the more they did the more he was eager to do it. "Monkey you're good! You're Choa!" Donghae said and made Shindong laugh harshly, taking a picture of it. "You're feeling the show!" Shindong yelled before the both started to cheer for all of them dancing.

EXID - Ah Yeah: First few second the room was silent until they got which song was it. Around ten girls ran to the front with Eunhyuk as the lead again. Donghae joined with Hyoyeon and Sunny. Amber was sure Donghae wouldn't see her at the side, so she joined too. The knee bending part was difficult even for the hosts to dance, the crowd laughed from embarrassment but when they looked at Amber, they started to clap their hands and focus on how she was doing it and tried to copy her. As they were leaving, Donghae grabbed Amber by her neck and leaded her to the back in the corner. "What are you doing?" Donghae scolded her. "Just dancing" Amber said, not doing anything bad. "Listen, I don't know how you're doing this, you never learnt this dances" he said his index finger pointed at Amber. Amber thought that Donghae felt in danger, because he was the one who wanted to audition for a K-pop idol group. "How do you know? You never cared so I never said. And what's your problem anyway? There might be someone else stealing your crown, not me!" Amber said and made a pirouette to get away from Donghae's grip on her neck. She stumbled over to Shindong who patted her on the shoulder. 

Orange Caramel - Copy Cat: The most of the people rushed to the room and started dancing to the song. They moved their hands and even sang the lyrics. Along with Sunny, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon at the front, even Amber went to dance on the very edge, not being seen by the camera, at least she hoped. Sunny started jumping around the place as that part came on and started making cute faces at the participants, who really appreciated her hardship with making them more comfortable. 

Taeyang - RingaLinga: The first one to run to the front was Amber... unconsciously. She was standing in the middle and Hyoyeon came up to her. The tall girl was another to join and one black girl, who danced almost to every song impressively joined too. Amber walked up to the center and Hyoyeon walked to her patting her slightly on the shoulder as they knew this will rule. The four of them started to rock the room, doing the powerful dance. The crowd cheered and even Donghae relaxed a bit. Tiffany was standing next to him and turned up her mic. "You guys are looking fine" she said and leaned against Donghae's shoulder, making him all melted right away, forgetting to kill his sister after the end of the show.


The same day - Evening

On the other side of California in San Francisco, the phone of a really clumsy female manager rang. She was having a coffee with cookies while searching through websites searching for a possible member to audition as the fifth member of the worldwide known group F(x), which was now turning into a coed group. She took off her glasses to look at the ID of the calling person, revealing her assistant who was back in Korea.

"Kyuhyun?" she spoke into the phone.

"Jess, open the message I sent you on facebook. I guess I found our fifth member" he spoke, hurried with each word as he was panting.

"Where are you, Kyu?" Jessica asked being a bit concerned about his behvior. 

"The boss had again sent me to bring coffee to F(x)'s sister group. They are so difficult!" Kyuhyun complained and Jessica could hear his pain. 

"Don't worry... I'll be back in three days" she said and canceled the phone call, hearing a glimpse of Kyuhyun's cry as he fell down with all the other group has ordered. Jessica opened her facebook account, opening the message from Kyhyun right away, which took her to an youtube video. She read Kyuhyun's message: 'The guy on the right, AC/DC shirt...seems legit'. After having a good look of that video, Jessica's smirk, mischievous and devilish took place over her face as she got a plan in her mind...


 

 

Hello guys ^^

First chapter is sooo looong... I'm sorry...

I want to ask a question: Who do you want as F(x) sister group?

It may be a boys group or a girls group.

Please comment down below, because the fact will be very important later.