Two

Ultimate Star

Finishing the game, all of them collapsed in their chairs. There was a short break for everyone to catch their breath, to drink and eat. Hyoyeon sent Amber to close the door, so the crowd wouldn't be bothered. Amber went to close the door as asked and she had the urge to look out around the hall first. She shrugged her shoulders as no one was there and closed the door. She turned around to be startled by two girls staring straight at her. She bumped her back against the door and put her hand on her chest.

"You shouldn't just creep behind people's back" Amber mumbled and calmed herself down, fixing her hair a bit. The girls didn't budge just stood there staring at Amber. She raised an eyebrow looking at them weirdly. "What?"

"You're really handsome, can we take a picture?" Amber blinked her eyes suprised and just watched the two girls. She looked behind them for a short second to see if someone wouldn't come to her rescue, but obviously not even her brother cared.

"S-Sure" she said and with an uneasy smile nodded. She cleared as the girls stood by each side of her and one hugged her arm and the other made a peace sign, trying to look like Korean idols on their selcas. Amber just pressed her lips in a thin line, lifting her head a little, as she was used to. "One more" the girl on Amber's right said, with the peace sign and the both turned their front to Amber's sides making her shocked a bit. What could go wrong, Amber just the same pose as before and the two leaned to kiss her cheeks. Before she could react, the girl took a photo. They clapped each others' hands and ran away to the front. Amber just stood there frozen in place. 

"What just happened?" she breathed out, hoping she didn't spoke out loud, but she unfortunately did. She covered and blinked herself back to her senses. She took slow steps back forward, going on the corridor between the chairs. She had that eternal feeling of the other's gossiping about her. She turned her head around and looked at a group of girls looking at her, but blushing when she turned around. "What's wrong with people?" Amber mumbled to herself and continued walking forward, aiming to Hyoyeon. 

She welcomed her with a warm smile as she was making something on her laptop again after uploading the video. Donghae was bonding with Tiffany back at the seats on the stage, Sunny was talking to a group of girls who seemed really excited about today's K-pop con. Shindong and Eunhyuk were also gossiping about girls but with the few boys that joined the con. Hyoyeon took Amber to her side and showed her the program for the day.

"You seem very popular here" Hyoyeon said making Amber look at her with raised eyebrow as he was used to by the day. "I can hear girls talking about these two dorks," she moved her head towards Eunhyuk and Donghae, "but they assume that Hae is dating Tiff and that monkey... is well a monkey. After dancing all those girly dances they got the wrong idea, I guess" she chuckled and leaned her back against the table where her laptop was. "But you, Ambro... I can't stop hearing them talking about you." She laughed at her statement, but it just freaked Amber out a little. She was used to be pushed away because of the fear of being a lesbian, but she would never expect girls drooling after her.

"That's ridiculous" Amber said and took Donghae's bottle of water and drank out of it. "How could anyone mistake me for a boy?" Amber asked softly, before the door burst opened and all the heads turned around.

It was Jessica, but no one knew who she was for the first second of shock. She was wearing sunglasses, a brown coat with a dress underneath and a pair of nice high heels. She stormed up forward and up the stage, and pulled her glasses lower to reveal her eyes. The audience started to whisper her name, making her look around the room. She then shot her eyes upon Amber, checking her our a little. She took her glasses off completely and sneak them into the pocket on her coat. She extended her hand towards Amber, making her jump back a little. 

"Jessica Jung, celebrity manager" she said to Amber as she slowly inserted her hand in Jessica's nicely cared of hand.

"I'm Amber, not understanding a thing" Amber said and her clueless face almost made Hyoyeon burst out with laughing. Jessica looked at Hyo and just cleared feeling embarrassed a little. She took away her hand and closed her eyes.

"May we talk in more private... terms?" she looked around, scrunching up her nose a little. Everyone was staring at her and she started to feel awkward.

"About what?" Donghae stood up and stepped in front of Amber. Jessica looked him up and down, pulling herself a bit back, almost melting from the sight of the masculine man. She pointed at him as she was scared of getting some kind of sickness from him.

"Who're you?" she asked, looking at him with big curious eyes. 

"Amber's brother" he said and kept Amber behind his back, protecting her at some point.

"Well, Amber's brother, I need to talk to him, not you" Jessica said and tried to push Donghae away by pressing some of her weight in his huge bicep, but he wouldn't budge. The six friends looked at each other.

"Him?" they said in union, Donghae spatting it right in Jessica's face. She wiped her face as he would really spit some saliva at her, but he wouldn't dare.

"Yes I need to talk to him, only" Jessica said and snatched Amber's wrist, pulling her away as fast as possible. Amber protested shouting behind at Donghae to save her. Until he realized what was going on Jessica was already taking Amber out of the room. Donghae ran after them, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon following behind him...


The silence was killing Amber. She was taken to the nearest cafe with the possibility to sit inside. She was sitting on a chair, staring at Jessica, who was staring back at her from the opposite seat. She was making eye gestures at Amber, who didn't get a single of them. Amber was making confused faces back at her as she was sitting there shaking her head, blinking her eyes, furrowing eyebrows.

"What's the point?" Amber started with a complain.

"Shush~~~~~~~" Jessica said and put her elbows on the table and pressed her fingertips against each other, making a roof with them, her eyes shut and forehead wrinkled. Amber held her breath for a moment and just watched the weird lady in front of her. Suddenly Jessica's phone rang. She swiftly grabbed it and put it to her ear. "Yoboseyo?" Jessica said to the phone and heard her boss speak onto the other side. She was silent for a moment. "Neh, kamsahamnida" she said and ended the call. She started to cheer, jumping on her as she was sitting. She threw her fists in the air and started cheering for herself, making Amber look around and want to run away as fast as possible. Jessica suddenly realized where she was and whom she was with. She calmed down, putting on her expressionless face again and was about to put her mobile down, before it actually slipped out and hit the surface of the table.

The waitress came asking for the orders, making Jessica order one coffee and one coke for Amber. They stayed silent until the waitress left, who almost let her eyes glue to Amber. Jessica, looked at Amber with scrunched nose and looked her up and down. 

"I'm a woman, but I don't feel attracted to you" she said, making Amber sigh and get more comfortable. She leaned her elbows on the table and twisted her wrist as she started to talk.

"Because I'm not a-"

"Shshshhshshshsh!" Jessica said, waving her hands by head ears as she shut her eyes tightly. "I don't want to hear any of those I'm not this, I'm not that... You're perfect for the group" Jessica said and through her palms towards Amber's face making her pull her head back.

"What group?"

"Didn't I mention I'm a celebrity manager?" Jessica asked a bit questioning herself too.

"You did" Amber nodded wanting her to continue. 

"Right, I did! I'm a manager for a Korean entertainment industry. You must've heard about F(x)?"

"No" Amber replied shaking her head with a straight face.

"4minute?"

"No."

"Shinee?" At that Amber started to think deeper, making Jessica feel a bit of hope.

"Nope. But listen, I don't know what do you want from me, but I'm taking my leave" Amber was about to stand up, but Jessica hit her face on the table, grabbing both of Amber's wrists. She looked up with a crying face.

"Please don't leave~!" she faked a weep and pouted her lips. Amber was just too embarrassed that someone would notice them and sit back down. Jessica started to caress Amber's wrists and thank her over and over.

"Can you tell me what do you want from me?" Amber started as she took away her hands from Jessica.

"I need you to come to Korea with me" Jessica started as she sit back and rubbed her hurt nose. "I'm a new manager to a girl's group F(x) which you obviously have never heard of. They are really hard-working, but my boss, Mr. Park Leeteuk wants something more. Something that's interesting, extraordinary, not-been-seen-before! So me and my assistant got that idea of putting a male member between the four girls. It would be amazing! Just imagine how popular they would be! All these ratings on the internet of who is dating you, it would be just amazing for my new car!" Jessica realized what she said and gulped down her further words. Amber raised her eyebrow and just sighed deeply, rubbing on her forehead.

"I guess you must've chosen the wrong one. I'm not a boy and I can't even speak Korean" Amber confessed, making Jessica raise her head again. 

"Whatcha said?" she asked wuickly pointing her slender finger at Amber.

"I...can't speak Korean?"

"Before" she made circle with her finger as rewinding a video.

"You chose the wrong one?"

"After" she squinted her eyes suspiciously at Amber and mover her finger to the opposite circle.

"I'm not a boy? Oh yeah, I'm not" Amber said and nodded to reassured her answer. Jessica's eyes grew wider and she grabbed the edge of the table, digging her prettily painted nails into the solid table. 

"How come you're not a boy?" that pointless question just made it more stupid than it already was.

"My name is Amber, I have s and yeah I don't have a " Amber shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't that much of a big deal. Jessica first just stared at Amber with opened widely.

The waitress arrived again, putting their order on the table. She looked at Jessica's weird expression and twitching left eye as she was staring at Amber. The waitress wanted to nudge her, but Amber just sent her away kindly, offering her a nice smile. After the waitress left, Jessica hit the table hard with her forehead, letting out a loud groan. She started to cry, making Amber embarrassed again. She tried to grab Jessica and shake her senses back as she looked around if anyone was looking.

"Look, I-I'm sorry?" Amber started, but was stopped with Jessica's suddenly ugly face. She threw her hair behind as she glared at Amber and wiped her cheeks, her forehead getting the red shade of a painful bruise. She lifted her hand, showing her palm in Amber's face.

"Don't talk to me now" she said and turned her face sideways, somehow trying to calm herself down. Amber was puzzled about the other's silly behavior. Amber opened to speak, but Jessica's palm closed to show only her index finger to shut up the tomboy again. Amber in her bottom lip to stay quiet. Jessica grabbed her mug with the coffee and drank a bit out of it. She put it down as she cleared her lips, looking back at Amber with a strict face. "I'm so gonna kill you" her strict face turned into a weird mix of desperation and anger, she reached over the table with her hands outstretched trying to grab a hold of Amber's neck. Amber reacted quickly and grabbed her elbows, bending them, so she wouldn't be able to touch her. 

"What's wrong with you?" Amber started as she folded Jessica's hands on the table. 

"I'm going to lose my job, because of you!" Jessica said, still glaring with the weird face at Amber. "Why didn't you say you weren't a boy?!"

"I tried! You wouldn't let me finish!" Amber defended herself, making Jessica even more pissed off.

"I wouldn't do that!" she defended herself on the other hand. Amber just sighed and threw her hands in the air. "What am I gonna do now?" Jessica put her face in her palms, mumbling into her hands. 

"What's so bad about replacing me with an actual guy?" Amber asked. Jessica didn't move her hands and mumbled into them, while shrugging her shoulders.

"Nothing... just that I already told my boss that I found the one" Jessica mumbled.

"He doesn't know me, though" she said and tried to point out something. Jessica sighed, dropping her shoulders a level, but still hiding her ashamed face.

"He does. My assistant sent him the video you dance in and my boss approved of you. He wants you in the F(x) project" Jessica exclaimed and started to weep in her palms, at least it wounded like that. Amber sighed and started to think deeply about the whole attention. Donghae would murder her in her sleep if he finds out, that she is going to be in a k-pop group, her mother would murder her for leaving to Korea when she can't say a single word, Jackie would kill her with excitement and her father would kill her for going abroad, being a guy and going abroad again. She sighed and looked over at Jessica, who was now rolled in a ball, sitting on her chair and crying in her palms.

"Fine..." Amber said, making Jessica stop making sounds.

"What?" she pulled her index finger away from the other fingers, making her right out peek at Amber.

"I'll go to Korea, I'll pretend to be a man and help you get your new car" Amber spoke silently so no one would hear her, and Jessica was slowly getting excited as she started to bounce on her again and tapping her fingers on the table. The red bruise always catching Amber's eyes on her forehead. "But! You have to help me too" Amber said pointing a finger at Jessica. She nodded seriously like it was some kind of a secret mission, leaning closer to her. "You have to tell my parents that I'm going to a music school in Korea to study medicine and make my brother audition for a boy group" she said and made Jessica a bit more shocked.

"But-" Amber silenced her with her opened mouth. "I-" she made a sound again cutting off Jessica all the time. Jessica sighed and extended her hand. "I'll do it, everything you said" Amber took her hand as they shook them.

"First we have to hide that huge bruise on your forehead, auntie" Amber said and pointed with her free hand at Jessica's forehead. Jessica's eyes rolled up trying to look at her forehead.

"Where?" she asked trying with all her might to look at her forehead. Amber facepalmed herself and shook her head.