ㅤWITCHES.

ㅤㅤ。*。。 ☾ㅤMIDNIGHT CHILL : LOREBOOK.ㅤ ☽ 。*。。ㅤㅤ
 ZE WITCHES < THEY DESERVE THEIR OWN CHAP > : //

ENCHANTERS  ☆  they are white magic witches, and they're widely known around the witch communities as the ones with a superiority complex over the other two types of witches. in faulkner, there are some enchanters who hold important positions of the town (what could they be, hm?) and of course, it's going to cause some rivalry with the other sorcerers. other than that, enchanters are meant to only use their magic to help people. that's not always the case though. enchanters are helpers and specifically specialize in ridding people of curses. a curse can be lifted by performing a small cleansing ritual. the curse will be removed from the individual, and be returned to the original caster for seven days until it fades or the original caster releases the curse. enchanters are also known for their healing touch, and can heal superficial wounds - though don't expect them to heal cancer or tumor. the most disgusting thing about being an enchanter, from an enchanter's perspective, is that you can almost always tell how someone is feeling. there's no mystery. at first, it's completely overwhelming how much you can feel. puberty is especially hard on enchanters because of this. once an enchanter gets their talisman, they can control how much they feel when they're around other people. they can stop the power altogether or feel absolutely everything.
 
LIFESPAN & DEATH  the average lifespan of an enchanter can range from 80-200 years, depending on how powerful the witch is and if they use spells to prolong their life. an enchanter or conjurer can prolong their life with herbs or spells, but without the use of blood magic or human sacrifices, it's impossible to prolong their life more than that. a witch can stop aging for up to a total of fifty years, but no longer. once that runs out, they will age normally until their death.

SHORTCOMINGS if a witch loses or gives away their talisman, they can no longer perform spells or use their powers. they are essentially human, with a severe allergy to rowan. a witch is given their talisman when they turn eighteen, in whatever form they see fit - a pocketwatch, a bracelet, etc - they must keep it on their bodies at all times in order for them to perform their powers. they also have a weakness to rowan, also known as mountain ash.

CONJURERS  ☆ grey magic users, conjurers are neither 'light', or are they 'dark.' really, conjurers should be the true enemies of sorcerers as it is their gift to use their powers to rid the world of dark magic. they don't get into politics. they're more neutral when it comes to sorcerers vs. enchanters. they don't get into much. if they use their powers to help people, it's just to reign in the use of dark magic in the area. modern conjurers have become increasingly more selfish with their power. conjurers are the only type of witches who are able to use teleportation, but they cannot carry others with them nor can they teleport objects bigger or heavier than they are. a conjurer can read the stars in order to perceive future events. by looking at the patterns of stars, a conjurer can calculate whether or not prospects will be hopeful or ominous. related to precognition, this is a way of revealing the future without seeing actual events. astrological divination is a learned ability, though some conjurers are better at divination than others. a gifted stargazer can read the stars more accurately than another. lifespan and weaknesses are the same as enchanters!

SORCERERS  ☆ lastly, here we have the black magic users. t sorcerers have always been power-hungry and see the enchanters as a threat. they have a neutral relationship with conjurers, even though conjurers are constantly trying to rid the world of black magic. you can almost always expect an enchanter to blame a sorcerer if things go south. for sorcerers, they would like nothing more than to reveal witches to the world. in fact, it was an sorcerer who started the salem witch trials, but everyone automatically assumed every witch to be evil, and not all sorcerers are evil. they might be selfish in their magic practices, but don't call them evil. one of the specialties of a sorcerer is curse creation, the creation of a curse is a dark thing. mainly, this is requires something that constitutes as blood magic. blood magic is the use of blood for power, which often results in a sacrifice. it's a dark practice, but most witches use their own blood or the blood of someone they trust in order to create a curse upon someone else. this does not come without a price, as the caster will be cursed as well for as long as the curse resides. other than that, if a sorcerer kills another witch, they automatically gain the power that the witch once held. amongst gaining their powers, they also absorb their memories as well. this often results in creating split personality disorders among sorcerers. the only way to get rid of them is to release the witches' powers or through death. lifespan and weaknesses are the same as enchanters!

POWERS & ABILITES OF ALL WITCHES  ☆  because all witches more or less have the same powers (except the ones listed in their own category!), here are a bunch of their powers to help you understand them more.
 
SPELL CASTING  the ability to cast spells comes as a gift to all witches, not just to one group. regardless of intent or means, all spells are the same. you must draw power from your talisman in order to cast the spell. some spells require more power and thus more witches in order to cast such a spell. spells are usually found in bound books, passed down through generations. such a book is called a grimoire, and usually contains every spell a witch's family has ever created. the book is usually kept with the oldest member of the family for safekeeping.

POTION BREWING to brew a potion, typically a cauldron is used to brew the potion. it's similar to cooking, and typically those with a great cooking talent can be equally great at brewing. potions offer various effects, such as protection, power, or various other things. potions, however, cannot be of mortal peril to another.

SCRYING scrying is the use of a quartz crystal and a map in order to find an object or person. power is channeled to the crystal by the user and then held over the map in order to find what was lost.

TELEKINESIS the use of telekinesis is a proper practice amongst all witches. younger witches may use their finger to guide their power, making their use of telekinesis obvious until they gain their talisman. then, the power of telekinesis is channelled through touching the talisman and guiding the object with their eyes.

MIND MANIPULATION the act of taking someone's mind and changing their memories or thoughts. this does not mean that the person whose mind is being manipulated is under the control of the witch performing the spell, but that their mind is being altered to believe something that may or may not be true. it's one of the more forbidden spells a witch can cast. this magic, when performed several times on a person, is akin to slowly lobotomising them. eventually their mind deteriorates and all that's left are holes in the brain that leave them near vegetable state.

ELEMENTAL CONTROL  ☆  all witches, regardless of their affinity or coven, have one element that they are able to control.
 
FIRE  the element of fire is destructive and aggressive. witches who can control fire are trained from a very young age to reel it in because, unlike the other elements, it can be the most devastating. fire witches can control, shape, and manipulate fire and heat. most fire witches carry a lighter with them, as they cannot use their power without a spark.

EARTH witches with the element of earth are the ones with the green thumb. they are botanokinetic and geokinetic. they can cause plant life to grow and flower, or vines to grow and wrap around you. also, earth witches have been known to cause small earthquakes or rockslides by shifting the ground. they are just as deadly as any of the other elements, if not more. more powerful witches can create crevices and canyons.

AIR wind manipulation is key here. they can use wind currents to travel. ever hear of a witch riding a broomstick? this was where the rumor began. air witches are also gifted with enhanced speed, using the wind to control their movements. air witches can also create small tornadoes. the weaker the witch, the smaller the tornado, and likewise for stronger witches. air witches are almost never in a place without wind, and therefore always ready for any challenges.

WATER metal witches can shape and manipulate water. water witches can move water, but not create it. they can also change water from one state to another, as well as the temperature of the water. water witches are especially good healers, as they can use their power to heal the body at a molecular level. water witches are forever susceptible to electricity. water witches can also conjure rain storms if they are powerful enough. sometimes, it's just one rain cloud though.

METAL witches who are inclined to the metal element can manipulate objects that are made from metal. they can bend, shape, levitate and fuse metal in order to use such an object to their advantage. they cannot create metal, but use it to their advantage in combat and every day light. these users, however, are vulnerable to lightning strikes and magnetism. don't expect to pass through airport security ever without a full strip-search. while vulnerable to magnetism, metal witches can also use it to their advantages, but only when dealing with alloys.