ㅤUNDERWORLD.

ㅤㅤ。*。。 ☾ㅤMIDNIGHT CHILL : LOREBOOK.ㅤ ☽ 。*。。ㅤㅤ
 ZE UNDERWORLD < FOREVER UPDATING > : //

VAMPIRES  ☆  it is claimed that vlad the impaler, otherwise known as 'dracula' was the first vampire to exist within the world as a historical ruler of hungary. however the culture of the word 'vampire' itself did not populate until the early eighteenth century, when a manic hysteria plagued europe into believing that the dead could reanimate and the life out of humans in order to sustain. exclusively, the world has been habituated to assume that these pitch eyed, fang lipped monstrosities originated in europe and thus scattered their variety across the states through the darkness. modern day vampires in media are portrayed to be captivating and almost romantic immortals, free to roam under god's light and feed without consequence. the only blood known to whip a vampire into a frenzy is werewolf blood, extremely hard to obtain with their monthly changes and cognizance of the line drawn between their species. other than this, vampires have been reduced to being just as human as the souls they used to terrorize, an irony most find it hard to accept.
 
LIFESPAN & DEATH they are the undead, immortal and ageless the moment they are turned and liberated to haunt this earth until one decides to end their rampage. and with having exceptional abilities for strength and agility, mind control and the power of persuasion, they put up a fight before being put down. the only ways to effectively kill a vampire is by a wooden stake to the non-beating heart, forcing them out into the sunlight, or complete decapitation in which the creature will burnish to ash on the spot. any other form of killing will not do.

SHORTCOMINGS vampires cannot walk in the sun whatsoever unless they intend to commit suicide. there is no magic that can lift this curse, and no way around to beat the bush in order to bathe in light like a human. if they dare to test the limits and go out into the day, their skin will crisp until they combust into flames to create a sluggish and agonizing death. they won't sparkle. although silver and wood merely pose as burdens and pains to vampires, they still prove to be efficient in wounding these beasts. as time has progressed their immunities to injury have deteriorated, making their healing process incredibly slow and uncomfortable. the most dilapidating of wounds by silver or wood can sometimes take days to heal within a vampire.

DEMONS AW HELL YEAH  ☆ posing as one of the most destructive breeds within the town, demons are behemoths of unclean spirits whom have sought out a new host to continue their anarchy through the human body. customarily demons gain their pernicious demeanor through their series of excruciating pains, foremost in having a violent or painful death and thereafter feeling harrowing agony when they are free roaming energy without a host to occupy. without a human body to steer, their literal hell is remaining inside the energy they sprouted from, re-living their deaths over and over until a human heart can override the sequence. only elder demons from the previous eras have the knowledge in possessing a live, mentally functioning body whereas the newer breed only have the caliber to occupy an already deceased body, and have their energies bring it back from lifeless-ness. each time a demon possesses a new body, not only do they pause the decomposition or aging process, they also cause an abnormality within that body to alter, such as eye or hair color, fresh scars or change in facial structure. this makes it easy to identify a demon to the public eye, making them average targets for possible exorcism.
 
LIFESPAN & DEATH the devil himself being a fallen angel from god's wing is the first entity the world associates with the word demon, and it is unclear whether further demons spread from satan's willing or purely out of mankind's treacheries. demons are problematic to kill entirely, as if you merely try to rid of the human host, the energy of the demon itself will manifest from the ruins and move on to find the next beating heart. the only safeguard in killing a demon is to exorcise it while it's within a living host, as it will be trapped to the flesh and forced to face a priest's discipline until the demon's vitality smites out.

SHORTCOMINGS demons cannot be harmed by common objects within physical injury. as they are not the human body itself, they can take stabbings or gunshots and keep trucking on. however they can be roused and harmed by items from a holy church, crosses, holy water, the bible and other religious symbolism's. demon thrive and feed off of negativity and terror, so to be stuck in joyful situations such as the birth of a new child, or a marriage proposal in audience, it bothers them immensely.
 
HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE  ☆the four horsemen of the apocalypse began as celestial beings long ago. once upon a time, they posed as guardians of heaven and all of it's infinite realms. they were all pure of heart, brothers united in a common purpose for god and his plea. however, at the birth of the first human creations, vanity crept inside the heart of a horsemen. they grew envious of the love and shelter god offered his new creations, and with contempt in their hearts, they made a plan to compel adam and eve to fall from paradise. while their plan certainly succeeded, god was not manipulated by their plea for innocence. he bashed the celestial beings to hell, condemning them to a fate worse than lucifer himself. however, the brothers were far too cunning for their own good, helping one another to survive in hell's blistering embers. instead of growing weaker, the brothers harnessed power from hell, they it all up, and one by one, they rose in their skeletal glory.

they reigned their terror amongst the mass. offering god his last you by tainting the human race. war thrived on chaos and disorder, famine reveled in consumption and greed, pestilence harbored a taste for gradual collateral, and death, he collected them all. despite what biblical lore leads you to believe, all the horsemen are as powerful as one another, and none of them can withstand in a head to head battle against one another. they have a sacred bond, that goes beyond god, beyond the cosmos, beyond heaven and hell. they were created from the same root, so in many ways, the four of them are actually considered one essence.

in retaliation to the destruction that the horsemen evoked on earth, god and his archangels created dragons to protect the lands. hundreds and thousands of dragons to protect the world from their chaos. alas, the dragons were killed and slaughteredleaving very few remaining within their populous.

LIFESPAN & DEATH they're immortal and there's no way to kill a horseman. not even god could kill a horseman, and they're the worst kind of archdemons, too strong to contain in the limbo of death.

SHORTCOMINGS not all bodies can contain a horseman. only blackened souls (really ed up people) can contain the power of a horseman. usually, they stick to lineages (bloodlines) that are able to sustain them. it's extremely difficult for a horseman to switch bodies easily because it takes them years and a thousand trail and errors before one fits just right. however, even if they're not in their bodies, they can operate in their corporeal form, which is that of a gargantuan skeletal creature, skin as blackened and burned as ash. they can be exorcised, however, it requires many a spells, dragons blood, seraph's blood, and a singular sacrifice of every supernatural creature in existence. once they are exorcised, they are banished to hell for at least a century, unable to escape their prison, even with all the magic in the world. both famine and pestilence have been banished within the last century.

SANGUIS  ☆ often mistaken for vampires, sanguis are an immortal race who feed on blood and can walk in the sunlight. some are made through a magic ritual - most are made by having the venom of a sanguis released into the blood stream, a lot never survive the transformation but those who do, turn into a sanguis. the venom can be injected via the two large fangs that slide over the canines. similar movement to a snake. but the venom release is controlled by the sanguis - and most bites are dry. the sanguis are a race created when a persian prince sold his soul for warriors that would make the world quake. he got the immortals - or later called sanguis as the race grew and spread. unlike vampires, sanguis are living, breathing creatures, they do not die during the transformation, their dna simply changes and is no longer human.

LIFESPAN & DEATH sanguis are immortal but they pay a price for it. in addition to the blood diet, they are often viewed as monsters by those around, should someone find out their true identity. their small numbers can make them a very solitary species. while they are immortal, it is possible to kill them - by using an angelic blade, by cutting out their heart and burning it, by destroying their skull and brain to assure they would not come back. as they are vulnerable to fire, burning them will kill them as well. 

SHORTCOMINGS due to their nature, sanguis are sensitive to light. while it will definitely not cripple them, it will definitely irritate their eye sight and annoy them. particularly strong light can be even painful to them. fire and burns are something the sanguis are particularly vulnerable to, such wounds do not heal as easily as others would and burning them could lead to their death. they rely heavily on their blood diet, if they do not feed regularly, they will weaken and become more vulnerable, sometimes even to the point where even a human being can harm them without any special talents. the use of their enhanced senses also has a price - it takes up a lot of energy and they need some time to recharge if they're not careful.

REDCAPS  ☆ redcaps are in the same category as fairies and even goblins however they are a lot more bloodthirsty than their counterparts. considered vampiric in nature, redcaps were borne from a time in england and mostly scotland during times of great violence. some have told stories of them being normal humans that got too warped by war while others talk of a curse bestowed upon the people by a witch.

redcaps were once depicted as old men with talons and red eyes and red hats but that was all created for the illusion of it all. redcaps were never just men or old in nature. they appear as human as can be with a pulse and a warm body and the need to breathe. however, they sustain their life through the act of killing and feeding. some redcaps are a little more extreme than others and actually eat the corpse after draining their blood while some just drink the blood of their victims or bathe in their blood. either way, when they are ready to attack you can always tell by the sickly red color in their eyes.

LIFESPAN & DEATH even though they have a very human appearance, redcaps are immortal. they can live as long as they choose should they not be killed along the way. however, many redcaps typically end their own lives instead of being slaughtered. since blood is their life sustaining force, a redcap can choose to stop feeding and age and die from starvation. the only way to kill a redcap is to either capture it and drain it of its blood or to manage to rip its heart out of its chest. redcaps are either born from a bloodline that has the redcap trait or they can be created from very powerful dark magic. it is more typical for these hellions to be born. they will appear as the typical child until their first birthday when they begin to become hungry and nothing human can satiate that hunger, exhibiting cannibalistic traits from the age of one. the baby redcaps are typically raised by their parents, coddled and slowly exposed to the riches of blood and death until they can take on their own kills. most children rely on their parents for sustenance until they are about thirteen, when they are unleashed onto the world.

SHORTCOMINGS many redcaps choose to lock themselves away from the world and stay isolated because some of them see their species as a curse and an abomination. they have no control over their hunger and typically kill without warning, which is why most stay to themselves. many can't live with the guilt. because they are so reliant on blood, going without feeding or losing that life force will kill them. also, they have to be somewhat careful on who they feed off of. should their victim be sick, they will temporarily take on that pain and illness which leaves them vulnerable and open to getting hurt. they have a very brutal and bloody reputation which typically makes them huge targets. they have free reign to go out in daylight unlike vampires which makes them a more dangerous predator and the top of the list for slayers. needless to say, they have to be very aware of their surroundings.

THE DEADLY SINS  ☆ superbia, avaritia, luxuria, invidia, gula, ira, acedia. one by one the sins were created from a power shift among the celestial beings, a bi-product of god's decision to mold the first humans. envy and pride first, who drew power and fed from the archangels as they watched god slowly mold a creature into his image, one that wasn't like their own. wrath and lust shortly therafter as the horsemen plotted their revenge and watched from afar as it fell into place. sloth, gluttony, and greed followed suit, with each sin pulling strength from the deepest darkest secrets in the hearts of the beings around them, feeding like a hidden parasite and corrupting all they touched.

LIFESPAN & DEATH the sins themselves are immortal and very nearly impossible to kill. the same cannot be said for their human hosts as it is relatively easy- with the right witch's spell- to kill a sin's host. however, doing so is ill advised as the sin will simply chose its next host (and come back with a vengeance, usually with the help of brother wrath). the only way to truly kill a sin would be to eradicate its presence (and therefore influence) from all beings (human and creature).

SHORTCOMINGS a sin is only able to manipulate the emotions a human or creature is already feeling. he/she cannot create it out of thin air. through these emotions, the sins draw their strength and feed on the energy coming from their food source, generally through some sort of touch. it should also be noted, a sin draws strength from the strength of their victims. they are able to stay better fed, the more powerful the prey is. i.e. manipulating/ feeding from a human isn't going to be nearly as satisfying as pulling the sin from another creature.