Chapter 6: The Horror

Missing

Dongwoon felt his head was spinning. He was in a room. A very dark room. The surrounding was gloomy and it was cold. He blinked a few times before he sat up straight. He turned around and saw a clock beside him. Under the clock, there was a piece of paper.

 
'Escape before time is out' was written on the paper. 
 
"What the hell is this?" He grabbed the clock. The clock was busy counting down. Then only it clicked. 
 
"Oh great," he scrambled to get on his feet and tried to find the way out from the room. The clock showed 04:35 which means he had less than 5 minutes to escape. He didn't know why he had to escape but he gladly wanted to. He couldn't stand this crazy and scary atmosphere. He didn't even bother to know what would happen if he couldn't make it. He just wanted to escape.
 
He reached for the door knob and twisted it. Surprisingly, the door was easily opened.
 
"Oh, this is easy," 
 
Well, that's what he thought.
 
--
 
Gikwang opened his eyes. He felt weird and he realized his hair was soaked. He didn't know if it was either sweat or blood or maybe the mixture of both liquid. He tried to move his hand to touch his head but to no avail. He looked down and saw that he was tied up to a chair. He panicked. 
 
"Yah! What are these! Let me go!" he wriggled in his strain to let himself go before something hard was fully swung straight onto his head. 
 
His head went limp. He felt a lot more blood was gushing from his head to his face.
 
"Wh- who..." he groaned in pain. 
 
That person or even thing that was behind him chuckled darkly.
 
Gikwang's head was pushed down to make him look down at the floor below him. There, he saw the clock he got previously. The clock read 00:00. With that, he knew he have failed. 
 
"No... No! No, no, no!" he struggled again before he once again got hit on the head.
 
His head started to feel dizzy because he had lost a lot of blood. Before he passed out, he saw his right arm was slowly being skinned by someone with such a familiar hand.
 
--
 
Dongwoon walked along the hallway. He was leaning against the wall as an effort to guide him through as the hallway itself was very dark. He was scared. All of his hair were standing. He let out a manly shriek when suddenly he felt something brushed his hand. He quickly pulled his arms to his chest and hugged himself. Suddenly, he felt a door. He was happy but got upset when the door was the same door as the one he got out earlier.
 
He didn't know how many time he had been at this place. He ran, he walked and even crawled past a lot of disturbing creatures and yet he would still end up at the same place. He was out of breath. He was tired. He didn't know what to do. He glanced at the clock. He only had 1 minute left. He wanted to run. He wanted to escape but he didn't know how.
 
"What kind of stupid maze is this?" He said in between pants.
 
00:45
 
He took a deep breath before he sprinted mindlessly. He ran and ran along the crazy hallway. He ran with all of his might. He turned and slid and avoided everything that was blocking his way.
 
00:03
 
He reached a door. He silently prayed it was not the same door again.
 
00:02
 
 He panted furiously. His breath was ragged as he was once again tired for running.
 
00:01
 
He pushed the door open and his eyes were wide open. It was another room with another door across the room. The door had 'EXIT' written on it. It was a step away from him. 
 
00:00
 
As he reached for the front door, he felt pain on his chest. He looked down and he gasped as he saw a butcher's knife was thrown at him and planted right on his chest. Blood were coming out from his chest in a blow. He felt air slowly got out from his lung. 
 
"Pity guy, but you are a bit late," a voice whispered beside him. 
 
He didn't get to look at the owner of the voice as his vision turned pitch black and he was dragged inside.
 
--
 
Hyunseung was still hiding. 
 
Screet. Screet. Screet.
 
Where are you?
 
The little girl was still looking for him. The sound of knife being dragged at the floor scared him. 
 
He had to escape, without being noticed by the girl. Time was running out. He couldn't wait.
 
As the girl was getting nearer to his hiding spot, he had no choice but to sprint through her. He thought he was safe. So he stopped running after he took a sharp turn at a corner. He panted and fanned himself. He was sweating. He didn't sure was it the cold sweat or the sweat from running. He didn't want to know though. Suddenly, something sharp stabbed his left foot. 
 
He screamed out of pain.
 
Found you. 
 
The little girl smiled a wide smile. A very wide and scary smile. Her smile started from right under her right ear to under her left ear. Hyunseung tried to run away from her but the pain he felt stopped him from doing so. That's when he heard the alarm went off.
 
Time's out. You can't run away from me.
 
The smile turned upside down. Her eyes turned red. She lifted the knife high before she drew it into Hyunseung. 
 
Hyunseung was stabbed. Again. Again. And again until he was completely limp and there was no more voice coming out from him.