Chapter 3: Something

Missing
Doojoon blinked rapidly. He looked at the bed around him. The clock on the wall in front of him showed 8 in the morning. He couldn't remember when exactly he fell asleep last night. He stretched and stood up before going downstairs. 
 
As he was heading downstairs, he saw the boys gathering around the kitchen counter and talking to each other. Everyone looked serious. He reached downstairs and walked towards them to see what happened.
 
"What is going on here?"
 
"Hyung," Dongwoon said with such a worried tone.
 
"What happened?" Doojoon asked again.
 
"Look," Dongwoon lifted up a dirty empty plate that was stained with a dark red sticky substance. Blood? He guessed.
 
"The extra raw meat that we had yesterday is gone," And then it hit Doojoon. He widened his eyes. Cold sweat was running down his spine.
 
"Uh, it could be Yoseob's dog," he smiled nervously.
 
"But I kept this in the fridge. There's no way Yanggaeng will open the fridge door," Dongwoon was still not satisfied.
 
"This is so mysterious," Gikwang commented from behind them.
 
Junhyung and Yoseob were silent the whole moment. The incident was weird even to think about it.
 
"Did anyone go to the kitchen last night when everyone else is asleep?" Hyunseung asked trying to find the solution.
 
"Doojoonie, you did, right? I was going to the toilet when I saw you walking downstairs," Gikwang said which made everyone turned their attention towards Doojoon.
 
"Y-Yes, I did. But I went downstairs to have some drink. I couldn't sleep last night," he stuttered a bit.
 
"Wait, Gikwang, are you trying to say Doojoon ate the meat?" Yoseob raised his eyebrow towards Gikwang.
 
Gikwang shrugged.
 
"Idiot, that is nonsense," Yoseob's hand flew to Gikwang's head.
 
"Ow," Gikwang rubbed his head.
 
"Well, okay let's not think about this anymore. Let's get something else to eat. I am so hungry right now," Junhyung said trying to soften the situation.
 
"Let's go out," Yoseob suggested and grabbed the plate to put it in the sink.
 
"I am not hungry, I am not going," Doojoon said before he walked back upstairs to his room leaving his other members in confusion.
 
-in the car-
"Guys," Gikwang said suddenly.
 
"Don't you think Doojoon was acting weird today?" His face was serious.
 
"What do you mean?" Dongwoon pulled his earphone out to listen to Gikwang.
 
"Look, yesterday, he slept early. But today, he woke up the latest. He usually is the first one to wake up. And he said he was not hungry while he didn't eat anything yet for breakfast," Gikwang explained keeping his serious tone all the while.
 
"He won't be full unless if he..."
 
"Wake up in the middle of the night and savoured the raw meat all by himself." Dongwoon interfered completing his sentence.
 
"Yah!" Hyunseung hit both of their head.
 
Yoseob rolled his eyes towards their 'oh-so-smart' opinion. 
 
"I think hunger has taken your sanity from your mind. Yes, it is weird but that couldn't be the reason why Doojoon was acting weird. You guys should stop watching those stupid cannibal movies already, you're getting ridiculous," Yoseob turned his attention back towards the road. He didn't want to admit it, but he almost had that idea in his head. It was ridiculous but it's not impossible. 
 
"Junhyung," Gikwang tried to catch Junhyung's attention. He wasn't paying attention at all. He was busy staring at the road outside.
 
"Yah! Yong Junhyung," Junhyung snapped out from his thoughts and looked at Gikwang. 
 
"What are you thinking?" Junhyung shook his head and threw a smile.
 
Doojoon once again trembled. He was scared. He didn't know what to do. He tried to clear his mind by taking a long, nice shower. Then, he went back downstairs and had a bowl of cereal. He didn't have any appetite to eat. 
 
He settled himself down on the sofa and switched on the television. Suddenly, he heard Yanggaeng barking continuosly at the room upstairs. At first, he didn't want to care but soon, he got worried and went upstairs. 
 
"Yanggaengie, what's wrong?" he asked as he saw Yanggangie barking towards their balcony.
 
"What is it?" Doojoon walked towards it and slid the sliding door open. Suddenly, he felt something sticky and slimy under his feet. He looked down to see a small piece of raw meat on the floor. At first he wasn't sure but he reached down and took a closer look. 
 
"Meat?" he questioned.
 
Yanggaengie nudged Doojoon's arm with the tip of its nose and barked again.
 
Doojoon looked beside him and he was shocked to death when he saw two dead birds at the corner of the balcony.
 
What really shocked him was not the dead birds but the fact that they didn't look like bird at all.
 
The bird was eaten. The place was filled with their feathers. There were blood everywhere. Panicked, he quickly washed and cleaned the place. He brought the carcasses down to bury them at the backyard. But he was a bit late.
 
"Doojoonie, what's that?" Yoseob has stopped him on his track.
 
Then, another four got in the house and all of them were shocked seeing the eaten birds in Doojoon's hand.
 
","