Bishop

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The busy streets of Seoul buzzed with laughter as dozens of individuals, teens and adults alike, poured into the city from all directions. Teens, elbow to elbow, rushed into internet cafes as their backpacks rustled behind them. Finally, they were leaving the scolding voices of their teachers behind at school in favor of the endless games allowing them to scream out their excitement and disappointment at the top of their lungs; a place where they could let out all their endless energy. On the other hand, older individuals ended their long, eight-hour work shifts, for the glasses of soju beckoning at them since sunrise. Each one clapped the other’s shoulders in greeting, smiling as they took in the excited expressions of their own friends who were all too excited to leave their worries at their workplaces.

But within this carefree crowd, two individuals didn't partake in the festivities; Taeyong and Jimin. The latter being the one carefully dragging the emotional wreck known as Taeyong behind him, careful to keep him in arm’s length so he wouldn’t lose sight of the vulnerable teen. Honestly speaking, Jimin could feel the curious stares of individuals as they hurried past them. And that did nothing to ease his nerves, Taeyong was falling apart by the second and they weren’t even near Yensen yet. Throwing a glance back as he avoided bumping into a pink haired teen, Jimin’s eyes closed in on the teen behind him.

The boy was completely undone. 

Increasing his own pace, Jimin felt the other stumble behind him for a few seconds before he caught his footing. Releasing a sigh, he tightened his grip on the other's hand as he watched Taeyong’s dazed eyes roam their surroundings. Taking in the obnoxious voices of those around them as he heard the whispers of love throughout the streets.

Taeyong couldn’t help but be jealous as he eyed the care-free personalities of almost everyone around him.  Why was it that everyone was able to live such care-free lives while he was stuck in a stressful and blood-stained cage in Yensen? His eyes continued to roam about as he felt his orange haired hyung glance at him from the corner of his eyes. He ignored him for the crowds passing by him. Teens hand in hand and ajusshies carrying bottles of soju as they met up with each other. Even the few high school bullies seemed in good spirits, eating dubbokki as they sat around the stray animals in the town.

Again, Taeyong’s thoughts drifted back to his brother.

‘Why couldn’t Hansol hyung and I have this kind of life?’

Taeyong fought to keep his emotions in check as he felt his eyes begin to water. He had finally found him, his brother, his twin, and his other half who was so close to him all along. How had he not noticed him before? How had it taken him this long to find him? He was only a few gang bases away from him, he was so close and yet he had never found him. That thought alone destroyed him. But what broke his heart into pieces was the fact that he wasn’t able to embrace the other, wasn’t able to whisper words of comfort to Hansol’s lost eyes who only screamed for companionship. 

He had to hide his identity for the sake of his own hyung’s identity. He could care less if his own identity as the legendary Xscion was revealed, he would be the only one affected in that scena

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter