Queen

Dauntless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Recommendation

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hansol

Taeyong was beautiful.

It was the only thing Hansol could think about as the other released a soft and angelic smile towards them. But in that moment, Hansol couldn't comprehend, couldn't bring himself to understand, why he was letting him and Hyuk go. 

Did he not see them drug him? Did he not see them blow the whole building up in flames? Did he not seem them try to kidnap him?

He had, so why, why was Taeyong letting them go?

Hansol released a soft groan as he felt a headache come on. Looking to his left, he watched as the narrowed eyes of Hyuk closely followed Taeyong's figure as he walked towards the anxious EXO boys.

"Hansol-ah, protect him." Startled, Hansol furrowed his eyes in confusion at Hyuk, confused as to why the elder would request such a thing. Gangs, after all, never protected anyone.

"Why?"

"We failed our mission, no, we chose to fail our mission. You know what that means, right?" And it was then, that Hansol realized how truly screwed they were. The leader had assigned them to bring EXO and Taeyong to the base by six and they had failed. As if that wasn't bad enough, they had chose to fail, because even in the end, neither of them were able to bring themselves to capture Taeyong, whose innocence attracted them all. There was something about him, be it the hidden pain in his eyes or  his naivety that everything would work out that was so painfully obvious to everyone but Taeyong. It was painful, really, to stare in the others eyes. To see such pain, such determination to succeed in whatever it was even if it meant throwing his own sanity out of the window, it was truly a rare sight in today's society where people used another over and over again to reach their life goals.

"What do you think it is, hyung?" Hansol felt the other glance at him as his own eyes glanced at Taeyong's moving figure, "What is it he's truly trying to protect?"

"That's only something he would know Hansol-ah."

"But you know, I know you do. Isn't that the real reason why you couldn't capture him?" Hansol felt the other freeze beside him, and he didn't have to look towards the other to know he was spot on, "You even offered to help Taeyong, if he joined forces with us. Did you mean it?"


"Hansol, you're asking too many questions." The said teen finally turned his eyes away from Taeyong to stare at a stiff Hyuk, whose eyes had lost the bit of softness they had in them seconds ago.

"We broke two of the gang's rules today, we let our emotions get in the way of our mission and we failed. We're going to be assassinated within the next few minutes because of it, so why can't you answer my questions before we go?"

"I would tell you, but I don't think we're going to die anymore." Hyuk said distractedly, and it was then that Hansol felt the the air around them pulse with tension. Releasing a groan, Hansol couldn't help but fall to his knees as his eyes fell onto a similar masked figure in the distance, holding a sniper in his hands.

"You sure about that?" Hansol softly whispered as his eyes zeroed in on the figure releasing the lock on the gun.

"You see Hansol, we're two characters in this intense chess game. I'm the bishop, and you're the king. Everything we do, everything we feel, is planned out by that guy right there, our leader and the chess player. He wouldn't kill the bishop or the king, because they can easily be manipulated, like we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter