Chapter 2: The Orphan

How Can You Still Be So Cute?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry to upset your bubble that this isn't an update of Chapter Three, but the grammar mistake were really ticking me off. There will be slight cussing if you don't mind. Please enjoy. I hope AFF doesn't bother you with meaningless updates that are really just fixing grammar issues, but I added in some new phrases in if you notice. Please enjoy. :)

Luhan marches over towards the direction of where most of the greenery is located, the others following the pretty boy behind him. Kris slaps Chen on the back while he wasn't paying attention as revenge for insulting his 'cute behavior.' Chen makes another revolting face, chuckling before earning another slap on the back, drowning in pain. "Krease's anger... is very painful." "Damn right it is! Next time, I dare you to say that again." Chen giggles muttering a 'maybe' before being jabbed in the side by Kyungsoo. Chen withers in pain from all the damage he recieved, finally choking out, "Why..?" Kyungsoo looks at the seemingly dying boy, smirking. "Because you were being a ." Chen swings a soft punch at Kyungsoo's arm, the other letting him hit him in pity for the other. Chen didn't really care about pride at this point, smacking the other again only harder, just to make someone feel his pain at least a little. Boy, did Kris pack a punch. More like two.

----

"Okay, we are here. Just keep in mind we haven't been here in years." Luhan points at a worndown-ish building, surprised to see the change of quality. Lay stares at the building, his eyes widening and running over to the rubble-like. Not that it was completely garbage, since it still was standing proud and tall. It was just a lot dirtier and worndown; a dirty building that the rich boys, Sehun and Suho never seen in their life. They only enter pristine and expensive buildings that suited to their preferences. Never in his life did Sehun think he'd have to get down and dirty just to enter a building, except for bubble tea. Oh, how he'd do almost anything for those pretty drinks.

"I wonder if anyone still lives here," Kris says, examining the interior from every direction. "I'm not sure Krease," Lay says, coughing from all the dust. They walk further into the building, finding a clear sliding door that leads to a yard that contained a still pond decorated with lotus flowers. The yard was beautiful and well maintained, actually, it was the only well kept area in the orphanage. Flowers of all varient colors surrounded the garden, butterflies pollenating from plant to plant until dispersing from the sudden noise of the door opening. A young child was sitting near the front of the pond, their feet creating ripples in the water. The child's back faced the others, so the boys were curious to see the stranger's face.

"Do you live here?" Luhan asks, startling the child. The child turns around quickly in surprise, facing the guests. The kid was pretty and yet, adorable at the same time. Short black raven hair, slanty brown feline eyes cusioned by cute panda-like eyebags. She/He looked down quickly, shy from all the attention. "Y-Yes, but I'm the only one that lives here now. E-Everyone moved to a different building that was w-white and pretty, but I didn't want to move, so I stayed here. Don't worry, b-because only I am here so no one will get mad or anything," the child said in Mandarin; the Korean kids of the group furrowing their brows in puzzlement. "That's okay. We were just visiting since we haven't been here in a long time," Luhan replied in Chinese, pointing at Lay and Kris. The two others just nodded, smiling at the pretty, but a bit dirty child.

All of a sudden, the child blushes, splashing water on his/her face and arms, rinsing the dirt from his/her body. "I-I'm sorry I'm dirty. I was j-just tending the garden and dirt got on me." She/He muttered another 'sorry', fixing their hair in embarrassment. Sehun fell for the child immediately, walking over to the kid and smiling back at him/her. Luhan goes over to the child as well, asking for their name and age.

 

"Oh, I'm Zitao but you can call me Tao. I'm 11 years old." Tao smiles and blushes at the others, the boys hearts swooning from the sight. Kris translated Tao's answer to the others, the boys nodding their heads as a way to show they understood. Sehun looks at Tao in the eyes, screaming out a single phrase. "M-My Princess Peach!" Tao didn't understand a single word and just blushed in embarrassment, smiling at Sehun whose face was flushed in red. Because of this, everyone immediately assumed Tao was a girl, using the female pronouns to call out Tao. (A/N: Basically, the flashback is in the kids POV and they think Tao is a girl, so Tao will be referred to as a girl.) The child didn't mind, but more like didn't understand and was more than happy to gain so many friends. They all introduced themselves, Kris having to translate--again--their every word. When Tao stood up, Sehun was surprised to see how tall his princess really was. Almost as tall as Chanyeol.

"Hey Taozi," Luhan asked, Tao tilting her head and humming in response. "Who takes care of you?" (A/N: Only Luhan, Kris and Lay can understand Tao. Same goes for the other way around.) "Mm... Nice neighbors that come check me once in a while. Why Lulu?" Luhan blushes, dodging his eyes to the side in embarrassment of his nickname. "B-Because I'm worried about you." Tao giggles, hugging the older and thanking his concerns for her. Sehun gets jealous, so he hugs the two, creating a mass of human. The others join in, not wanting Luhan and Sehun get all the attention. Tao just laughs from all the hugs and whines, wrapping her arms around the others.

 

Kyungsoo stares at the building, bothered by all the dirt and unwanted trash cluttered on the floor. Tao notices the older's concern, placing her arm around Kyungsoo. "What's wrong?" "It's dirty... I don't like it." Kyungsoo was always kind of a neat freak, so Kai wasn't surprised to hear that. "Mmm... you're right. Maybe we should clean this." Tao opens the slide door and walks into the room, searching for a broom. "Ah!" Tao pulls out a cart filled with cleaning supplies from a closet and grabs a wash cloth, spraying a random cleaning chemical onto the floor and wiping the dust off. She starts cleaning the area that seems to be the lounge, Kyungsoo helping her out by sweeping the floor with a broom. The other boys all join in, helping little Taozi out. Chanyeol and Kris helped clean the walls since they were the tallest while Sehun and Baekhyun worked on the furniture. Tao, Chen, and Kai wiped the floors while Kyungsoo and Suho swept them. Lay and Xiumin washed and dried out any cushions and dusty blankets while Luhan decorated the area with flowers and such.

----

"WOW! It's so clean and pretty! Thanks guys!" Tao hugged each boy one by one, the boys flushed in happiness and another unexplainable feeling. They couldn't really tap out what it was. It was getting late as the sun started to set, Tao giving her farewells before shutting the door and going back to bed. A night filled with happiness that little Taozi haven't felt before. 'She' smiled as she slowly dozed off to dreamland in the darkness of her heavy eyelids.

----

"We're hoomme!" Suho kicked his shoes off at the entrance, the other boys doing the same. "Oh, you're back. I was worried since you boys never came back this late before." Suho and his father embraced as Luhan greeted Suho's father for the first time in his 'manly' way. Suho's father's eyes widened and smiled once more, looking at his new Chinese friends. "You guys certainly made new friends." "Hey Dad!" "Hmm?" "Is it okay if they live with us from now on, until I go back to Korea with them?" "Why is that? Don't they have a family and home to return to?" "No, we're orphans and we aren't adopted," Luhan cuts in, giving the man his 'manly' face. Suho's father was shocked and sighed, agreeing to the little boy's decision while the bunch cheers in joy.

The boys explain to the three their rooms, and ask who do they want to room with. Chen's eyes basically sparkled, practically begging them to sleep in his room with his eyes. Lay chuckles and decides to room wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter