Chapter 1: Back Then

How Can You Still Be So Cute?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-7 Years Ago-

 

"Woah! Chanyeol, look how beautiful it is here! You guys are sure that your families didn't mind you guys coming with me here? I mean, it was already expensive enough to fly all the way to China." Suho stares down at the half alseep boy, kicking him softly on the leg. "Ngh! Ow... What did you do that for?" The boy groaned, rubbing his aching leg while glaring back at the perpetrator.

"Well, cause' you weren't listening. By the way, we are almost there. Go wake up everyone else. We're lucky that my dad didn't mind us tagging along." Chanyeol stood up slowly, facing the opposite direction of the scolding boy. "Ne, Suho..." "What is it?" Chanyeol turns around, looking at Suho straight in the eyes. The latter raises a brow, confused about the other's actions.

"You're. An. I-DI-OT."

"What the hell?!"

Chanyeol runs away, mocking Suho by making strange faces before heading off to the other kids. Suho attempts to fling a punch at him, but he was already too far ahead. The young boy sighs, wondering if they'll be okay with only their father and a single bodyguard protecting them from harm. "He's such a kid. I just hope nothing happens to the others," he mutters, smiling at the beautiful, pinkish sunset hovering the ocean through the clear, thick window. Faint screaming and childish chatter echo across the private plane, causing Suho to laugh at the ruckus. He sits back down and closes his eyes, his conscience slowly slipping away while thinking of his future plans of what to do in China. The endless possibilites flash through his mind, but reminding him they only have a month to be here. A month to take all his worries away.

Maybe all of them.

 

The plane shifts into the airport, parking into a large lot filled with many other flying vehicles. The dark boy presses down on the window glass, memorised by the large flying machinerary that are assembled from many single rows. Suho punches him on the head, the other shrieking in pain. "Hurry up guys. We're here." Suho walks out of the plane, the others following the boy out as well. "Woah ho hoah! Amazing! So this is China." The dino-like boy squeals in excitement, his eyes sparkling as if his brown organ orbs were the starry sky itself. The owl-like boy jabs him in the elbow, earning his attention. "Idiot. This is barely China. You'll really see the sight when we head off into the city." The taller boy twinkles at the thought while muttering a single word.

"City...."

"Are you guys excited?"

The young boys turn their heads to the direction of the voice, the owner a large muscular man in a black tuxedo that could certainly pack a punch. His eyes masked with black sunglasses and some metal contraption attached to his ear. The young boys couldn't make out what it was exactly but they knew it was made out of metal. The dark boy taps Suho's shoulder, asking him who the man is. "Oh, Lee? He is our bodyguard. Wasn't that obvious Kai?" Kai shakes his head, still staring at the large man known as 'Lee' but mainly his muscular arms. The man notices his awkward behavior and smiles at the boy, Kai returning it with a nervous chuckle. They quickly hurry out of the plane, Kai the most eagar.

 

The boys head to a large limousine, the bodyguard opening the passenger door for the kids. They all step in, admiring the view inside. After they all get in, Lee shuts the door and goes to the driver's seat, stirring the car over to the direction of where Suho's father is temporarily living: Qingdao.

"Suho... You are crazy rich," says the large eared one, his eyes sparkling at the view through the car windows. The youngest of the bunch cuts in, "Hmph! My family is richer anyway." Suho chuckles at his friend's immaturatity, smiling at everyone's reaction. "Haha, yeah yeah, Sehun. I'm sure you're richer, but let's enjoy our time here in China like Chanyeol." Suho gestures at the large eared boy, Sehun grunting to not back down his pride. Suho looks over to the windows, admiring the view like Chanyeol. As time passes, the boys all drowsily fall asleep, exhausted from their endless excitement.

----

The boys feel a stinging pain on their cheek all of a sudden, their eyes revealing an excited Chanyeol. "Guys, wake up! We are here!" The owl-like boy kicks Chanyeol in the shin, payback for the unneccessary slap. "I'm sorry, Kyungsoo..." The owl boy smirks in satisfaction, kicking the older one last time. "Ouch! I'm sorry okay?" The boys rush out of the car, ready to explore every inch of the city. "Man! I never thought I'd ever be in China," exclaims the eldest boy, grinning from ear to ear. "Xiu-ge. Let's hussle to my dad's place already," says Suho, grabbing luggage from the trunk, only for it to be lifted out of his hands by Lee. "I'll handle this, Young Master. You just go over to your father's house, okay?" Suho nods his head, leading the other boys to a very large house, but not quite as large as the one back at South Korea.

They enter the mansion-like wooden building, praying how lucky they are to be here. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter