Down the Rabbit Hole

The Barbarian's Cherry Blossom

Sakura and Miyuki both panted heavily grasping for oxygen. They had been climbing up a steep hill for about an hour now.

Belisarius and Rainoric looked like they didn't break a sweat when they were climmbing however.

Rainoric doesn't tire in the form of consuming calories but instead, the Broken Lord equivalent to 'calories' was simply how much Dust do they have in their bodies for reserve and Rain can easily absorb more Dust as he can expend if he isn't undergoin intense physical exertion.

Belisarius on the other hand is an experience soldier who during his days in basic training, would go through do mountain runs while having fatigues (usually rocks) hampering him. This makes his legs very well built which is useful when your balancing your body on top of a Dust Horse running 40 to 50 miles per hour.

"You pant like a sick dog Sakura." Rainoric says.

"Im...*huff*....so....tired."Sakura complained. She collapsed on the ground refusing to stand up due to exhaustion and muscle ache. Miyuki tried to pull Sakura up but to no avail.

"Sakura! We are almost there stand up."Belisarius said. His cructhes were keeping his body supported and he was carrying a rucksack behind his back. He wasn't wearing his helmet instead his curly hair was free to be pushed around by the wind that blew that day.

"I---can't, so.... hungry."Sakura said. She wanted to give up already.

"Sak come on! As soon as we drop Belisarius down at the doctor's place I can treat you to something out. Besides I heard the doctor that my father always talk about is also an interesting fellow. Come on." Rainoric picked up Sakura and rested her on his back. Sakura wrapped her arms around Rainoric's neck and Rainoric in turn, hold both of Sakura's legs with his hands.

Ulrich was not to far behind them. He autonomously tagged along with the four and Rainoric doesn't mind having a fifth person climbing with them.

Together they made it to the top of the hill where....

"There's nothing here?" Miyuki said. The hill was empty except for a large field of grass which is present.

"Oh...Milky, the doctor's ship is invisible." Belisarius amusingly smiled.

"Eh? Invisible ship? I thought he lives in a house?"Miyuki asked confused.

"He lives in the ship. Its invisible for.... 'protective' purposes. Or that's what I was told by my father."Rainoric provided further exposition.

"So this 'Doctor' can help Belisarius get his legs back? How?"Sakura asked.

"He isn't a Dust Mage as I can explain to you. He is more of an ordinary guy who is quite... curious.... sometimes too curious."Rainoric replied.

"Ok, Asaroenni should be expecting us. And she will be sending one of her flying...uhm....things here."Belisarius said.

Then suddenly out of the tall grass came a small flying drone. It moved in a speed of an eagle to Belisarius' side.

"You can call them 'Drones'. Belisarius, or I assume you are him. Password!" A young and somewhat childish sounding femal voice came out of the audio speakers of the pint-sized UAV.

"You scared me! Ok, Rainoric, please don't kill me, Asar gives out the most absurd passwords to get in her ship."Belisarius said remorsefully.

"Why? What are you going to say?"Rainoric asked.

Belisarius inhaled and said the password.

"Gimaelics are wratfull ****!"

"You got to be f***** joking with me!"Rainoric exclaimed.

"Well I can tell you that your father is inside too. His passwords was 'Vanorans are greedy pigs'." The voice of Asaroenni replied via her UAV.

"Well holy s***."Rainoric and Belisarius both said.

Then the invisible ship of Asaroenni revealed itself. It was a large ship with sleek curves and designs. It had several engines attached around the ship that would help it lift up at a moments noticed but they were tied down by strong chains of Dust. A ramp opened which let the five weary travellers into their destination.

"Its...shiny here."Ulrich commented.

The inside of the ship was air-cooled and technoligically advanced compared to what Sakura had seen in the medieval-Science Fiction like world of Auriga. It had seemed for her she had stepped into another world.

"Welcome to my ship son of Gewis." A small robotic alien approached the group. It was colored white and blue and his head looked techie in appearance. It was wearing a necklace or perhaps a collar that is attached to her cloak. The UAV zoomed towards and the strange creatures and hovered next to it.

"So you're 'the Doctor' that my father talks about?"Rainoric asked.

"Indeed. I am Doctor Asaroenni Dzulmaran. Specializing in robotics and explosive weaponry."the creature said.

"What are you?"Miyuki asked.

"I am a Sophon. My ship made an emergency crashed landing in this very island many decades ago. Rainoric's Father, Gewis, allowed me and my crew to live in exchange for my nation's technology and my skills to briefly explain why I am unlike you Aurigan." Asaroenni said.

"I am not an Aurigan. I am from Earth."Miyuki said.

"Oh! These are the 'Japanische' that Gewis rather unethically acquired from his expeditions. I never really agreed to his processes but I do love his results." the Sophon replied intelligently.

The Doctor's Sophon attire and well-tuned manners were a clear contrast to the furry and dirty appearances of a Gimaelic or the cloth draped and pridefully rich Vanorans. Asaroenni has an aura of authority and expertise in her described field of specialty.

"So you can help Belisarius with his leg right doctor?" Sakura asked after getting down from Rainoric. She wiped of the sweat of her forehead in relief to the air-condition of the ship.

"I am not really a doctor. My robots do the medical stuff for me. Now Julian, please lie down in this floating bed." Asaroenni instructed. Out came indeed, a floating bed which in the spirit of the design of the Sophon ship, zoomed beside Belisarius.

The Vanoran general pushed himself into the bed and held on to his crutches. The bed shook slightly before stabilizing. Asaroenni then gestured her UAV by swaying her sectoid hands towards BelisariusThe UAV hovered over him and a beam of light that came out of its 'eye' scanned Belisarius.

"DIagnosis complete. Results: Amputated Leg. Condition: Stable. Reccomendation: Attachment of a Titanium Leg on missing area. Surgery required. Proceeding to the Operation room." The UAV spoke in a low monotone robot voice. The bed began to move as soon as the UAV moved. The group followed Belisarius as they went further inside the ship.

The bed went to a door which took the group into the inner sanctums of the ship.

Sakura and Miyuki were mesmerised by the Sophon's technology. Ther ship was  inhabited by other Sophons and robots alongside several Aurigans who performed as lab assistants to the scientists and engineers. The labs had many machines which were highly advanced in nature. Some machines look liked the lab gear Sakura would fine in a stereotypical laboratory while others had unknown functions.

After passing by the laboratories, the girls went past a room which looked like a testing room. The room was an open space where several cardboard targets were in place. A man carried a large gun that was so heavy he had to carry it with both of his hands.

"Alright, Fire!"someone behind him yelled.

The gun lit up in a blue light and a ball of plasma energy was discharged from the gun's barrel. It travelled in the speed of a soccer ball and when it made contact with a target the ball exploded causing  a great splash of plasma to tear up its nearby surroundings.

"Those are prototype weapons that Gewis has comissioned us to make for his armies. We have also begun studying these rare Endless artifacts called 'Paladin Armor'."Asaroenni said.

"Paladin Armor? Where did it came from? I though they were just myths of past empires near forgotten."Rainoric asked.

"Your bodyguard 'Wulfgar' found them and sent several pieces of the armor to use for study. I must say, the metal that composes the suit is a match to your Gimaelic Steel."Asar replied.

"That cheeky f***. I want a word with him later."Rainoric said.

After passing the testing room Sakura found herself in a hallway which looked like a floor of a hospital. Their were people in gowns walking around while being supervised by either a nurse or some sort of robot watching their every move. Belisarius' bed took a sharp turn left to an empty room then stopped when inside. The group walked into the room and the door behind them automatically closed shut.

"Wow, doors that shut by itself. That's something."Rainoric commented.

"Ok, let's do this quickly shall we. Medbot pass me the artificial leg."Asaroenni said. She slapped 2 rubber gloves on her hands and twitched her fingers when a tall robot walked in and passed a robotic leg to the Sophon.

"Uhm, should I be awake for this?"Belisarius says.

"No need sir. And you my prince and his consort, close friends only so get out!"Asaroenni pushed Rainoric, Ulrich and Sakura out.

"But I am---"Sakura tried to defend herself but they were both outside and the door shut and locked itself with Belisarius, Miyuki and Asaroenni inside.

"Doctor wants...lonely....Ulrich..no....get."Ulrich said.

"Doctors tend to do that Wolf, they need what do you Yamanin call....uhm....'Space'."Rainoric said.

"You were always the curious and naive one boy." A rough old voice came from behind. It was Lethuc, Ulrich's father plus King Gewis, Rainoric's father.

"Dada!"Ulrich ran to his father and gave him a hug.

"Guess who killed some humans back in Earth."Gewis said.

"What did you get me?"Rainoric asked like a child asking his parent what he brought for christmas day.

"Well other than this green wingless dragon that is shiny and a this book called 'How to perform Wushu'. I got you another slave. Though I would prefer to call her just a musician."Gewis said.

"A muscian? Does she play the lute and drum well?"

"I think she does. But I accidentaly... damaged her."

"Damaged her?"

Behind Gewis large frame was a timid girl dressed in furry white coat. Her black hair and the eyes were wrapped by a bandaged. She looked so scared of letting Gewis go.

"Who is he?"the girl asked.

"This is my son, Rainoric."Gewis answered

"So tell me your name." Rainoric asked.

"Ju Jingyi."the girl replied.

Ju Jingyi, that named sounded familiar to Sakura. She heard of that name before...

 

(Flashback)

Some time around 2014

Sakura Miyawaki's popularity was slowly rising, she was now the breakout Idol of the year and her senbatsu standing was a dramatic improvement from last year.

She was sitting in Aki-P's office as she was called by him for consultation. Akimoto-san would occassionally have a one-on-one talk with each member of AKB48 and today was Sakura's turn.

"Sashiko really pushed you. You were an awkward little girl during the auditions and now your already becoming one of AKB's aces."Aki-P said.

"Yeah I no longer feel shy around people anymore. I was never really pushed by the management back in Hakata. But Sashiko took me in and taught me a lot." Sakura said.

"Yes indeed, you know about Shanghai48 right? That new 48 group I made in China?"

"Yes why do you ask?"

"Well there's a girl like you. A few years older. She made the news in Rocketnews. She is being called 'the once in a thousand years beauty.'Check her out."Aki-P passed his Ipad to Sakura.

The article showed a photo of a beautiful Chinese girl with dazzling eyes and snow white skin. When Sakura scrolled down, she read out the name of the girl.

"Ju Jingyi"

(End Flashback)

 

"Ju Jingyi? Kiku-chan? You're her?"Sakura asked.

"Yes, Yes... who are you? Where are you?"the Blinded girl replied.

"You know her?"Rainoric asked.

"Yes, she is a...colleague of mine from AKB."Sakura said.

"Well what a f***** great coincidence. I see you will get along well."Gewis cheerfully said.

"Did they do anything to you Kiku-chan?"Sakura asked. Sh was holding Ju's head steady as the Shanghai girl was still not used to her blindness.

"No, Gewis was kind to me. She gave me these special bandages infused with...'Dust' and the pain I felt was gone.He said that he reminded me of 'Sophia'."She said.

"I told you not to talk about her!"Gewis said. He looked angry when someone dares mention 'Sophia'.

"Eh? Well that's surprising. Will I see you around later?"Sakura asked.

"Asaroenni told me that she will need to check me one more time before I can go with you."Ju said.

"Well see you around."Sakura turned back to Rainier.

When she turned around, she saw Rainier was holding a weaved basket and a large Dust colored carpet on his hands.

"I want to tell you, how do you call them. Happy..uhm...Otanjo....Happy being 18 years old or something."Rainoric said.

"Is it really my birthday today? I wasn't keeping track."Sakura was surprised of what Rainoric was giving to her.

"Yeah, the Dust tells you have aged and now you can stomach Ale now. Come lets go outside for your party."Rainoric lead the way outside.

 

------------

 

Rain flipped out the carpet on the ground. He found a suitable spot for a picnic near a tree that viewed the ocean and the city down below. He placed the basket down and prompted Sakura to sit down to.

"I got something you might like. I heard from Minami you like surprises so close your eyes."Rainoric said.

Sakura close her eyes awaiting one of Rainoric's birthday gifts.

"Open your mouth and taste it."she heard Rainoric said.

Sakura opened and a moment later a soft mass was felt on . It tasted like bucella but it felt softer. She chewed the foreign object to be surprised by the taste. Their was a filling of some sort of berry inside.

"This taste great! What is it?"Sakura smiled.

"Ha! Your like Ulrich if he heard the Dinner Bell. Im happy for him since he didn't see his father for awhile. But what I gave you is called Æbleskiver You would call it Pastry Puff or Macarons I think?" Rainoric said.

"Macarons are different they are like sandwiches in the size of cookies. But thanks this taste so sweet." Sakura said.

"Oh really? This Earth Food has been confusing me so much. And I don't even eat!"Rainoric laughed.

He then pulled out several more items from the basket. A leg, a bottle and a small wheel of cheese.

"This leg is an import from Vanoran I bought from the market some time ago behind your back. We call it 'Jamon' and its one of the highest quality of meat in Auriga. Almost the same for the cheese, its goat cheese from Osgar's farm. He always stockpiles this stuff and he gave me some. And for this bottle, Its called 'Ice Wine'. Using some Vaulter Technology my father was able to produce crops that can survive in Gimael's Tundra. The results were rather....unqiue...especially the grapes. Although harder to press they give a distinct aroma and taste that is sought after by every Noble in Auriga."Rainoric said.

"How thanks for the food. But why are you doing this for me? Shouldn't you be not treating me like this?"Sakura asked.

Rainoric stared to the view of that the hill provided of the island. He was quiet for a moment before he replied.

"Your kind to me. And I like that. I never experienced something like that ever. And you are perhaps one of the few people in this world I can call my friend. So many people love my father for being able to conquer and despoil any empire we come across. But his wealth attracts so many enemies, the Ghogths mostly. But my father keeps them at bay to prevent a full out war."Rainoric said.

"Can I ask you something?"Sakura asked.

"Yeah what?"

"Who is Sophia?"

"She is....my Human mother."

"Human? Aren't you a Broken Lord?"

"My father a millenia ago fell in love with a White Dust Yamanin Mage by the name of Sophia. A Broken Lord betrothing a human was.... shocking. But they secretly behind so many back except a select few, they had a child. A Human-Broken Lord hybrid. To make matters complicated, Sophia was supposed to be married to a Ghogth. And when the news came of their union, The Ghogths went to the White Dust Cathederal and burned the place down. My mother was pregnant with me at the time. Father told me she took a knife to the stomach when one of them tried to kill her fatally wounding her. I remember what her last words were to him. 'Promise me Gewis'. He performed the act of sentience which creates a Broken Lord on my soul and now I am like this now." Rainoric said.

"So your like a Black Sheep?" Sakura said.

"Yes but the story I told you is the real story. Not the 'official' story of how I was Gewis' son and Heir to the Gimaelic throne. So much weight on me, yet I can take it. But sometimes I feel like, their is more to life than just killing someone who insults you. You are that thing Sakura and I want to thank you for the time we are together. We should do more of these more often. But right now priority is you honing your skills Dust Magics." Rainoric said.

"Well ok how do we start?" Sakura said after finishing her meal.

"Alright, kneel down and focus your energy to your mind."Rainoric said.

Sakura knelt and closed her eyes. Harnessing her powers, she felt her reality crumble around her. And then a White light engulfed her.

 

-------------------

Sakura opened her eyes, she was in the same kind of surrounding as in that dream she shared with Rainoric. She was on a floating island and there were people she know walking catatonically around her.

"Sakura! Can you hear me?" Rainoric's voice echoed inisde the world.

"Are you here with me too?" Sakura asked.

"No I'm just here to over look your 'training'. White Dust Mages would meditate so they can go to this realm you are in called 'Mirgrez' or Dream World. In here you can use your abilities and test them out in a safe place. Also you can test mental resolve by even facing your greatest fears. You teached me before and now its my turn to teach you." Rainoric relayed.

"Hai, so what shall we do first?"Sakura asked ready for anything that Rainoric will throw at her.

 

----------------------------

 

Flickering fires and sparks were the only sources of light in the darkened room. Miyuki and Belisarius were both looking at Asaroenni as she did Belisarius' leg. Melding the steel joints together and tightening bolts and screws, the Sophon made short work of the articial leg. Her amazing efficiency and speed is comparable to a robot in a car factory impressed Miyuki.

"Miyuki can you please pass the artificial skin?"Asaroenni asked gesturing her hand waiting for the item to be given.

Miyuki looked at a table and found a sheet of pink rubber like fabric. She passed the skin to Asar and the doctor began to attach the skin to the artificial leg. After sticking some advesive paddings around Belisarius to make some 'muscles' to surround the 'bone', the skin was applied.

"And done."Asaroenni said finally relieved.

"That was fast."Belisarius said taking of his visor.

"Try it out a bit. Move your leg gently."the Sophon instructed.

Belisarius bended his leg and to his amazement the artificial leg cooperated in perfect harmony to his nerves. The leg bended a little bit before Belisarius laid it back to rest.

"Hooray! Bel-kun!"Miyuki cheerfully said. She hugged Belisarius and rested her cheek on his.

"Thank you again Julian for coming. You should rest now and let the leg rest first. It should be fully operational in a few days."Asaroenni said before getting out of the door to go back to her research.

Miyuki and Belisarius are left alone in the room and an awkward silence filled the room. No one spoke until Miyuki said the first words.

"So with your new leg, can we have a walk together soon?"

"Yeah.... you seem a bit mellow. Shouldn't you be happy?"Belisarius said. He noticed Miyuki's smile was hesitant and it flinches a little like if it was forced.

"I...well.... have you ever lost something before?"

"Does my leg count?"

"Iya, I mean have you ever felt so proud of yourself that you feel like you could do everything you want?"

"Yeah, but I have my reasons to be proud. But I just felt pressured to fill in my father's and his fathers' sandals."

"I felt the same too. I was not allowed to date anyone before but I was so full of myself. I thought I wouldn't get caught but I did and so many people got mad at me. And then I felt like I was flushed to a toilet as every opportunity in my way goes to someone else."
"I don't understand."

"I...screwed up and everything went down with it. Did you screwed up before with that Fanatic?"

"Yeah, I so it kill some of my men and I got angry. I charged towards the thing and sliced one of its legs off. But the beast fell on top of me and BAM! My leg is broken."

"I still feel guilty about it. When I was still an idol I was made to have a 'flirty character'. But to be honest I am not really like that."

"Then what about that time you 'fished' when you taught me how to use chopsticks? You were going to put some boiled meat onto my mouth and your lips were closed to mine. And when I was about to bite it you ate it infront of me and shouted 'I fooled you!'. That was fake?"

"No I actually mean it. I am flirty to people I genuinely like."

"So... what now? You spoke your mind and what do you gain from this?"

"I...just wanted to confess. I never talk about this to anyone to Sayanee or my therapist."

"Who is Sayanee?"

"My best friend, maybe I will introduce her to you someday. When I get back....love."

"See? Your flirty again."

"Oh shut up."Miyuki said. She lightly slapped Belisarius which only made him chuckle. Miyuki then cuddled deeper with Belisarius as the lights turned off.

 

Then.... Miyuki felt his hand under her shirt......caressing her skin and chest......

 

--------------------
 

The further down the rabbit hole she went, the world seemed more alien with every step forward.

Sakura's surroundings were no longer representations of her memories no more. The enviorment was something straight out of the books of Auriga that Eslek showed her. Trees of strange colors, purple miasma and red balls attached to black-gray rods and formed into geometric shapes shaped her world.

"Rainoric, I am scared. I don't know where I am now."

"Hold on..Im standing up....Hmm.... I see or think in this case. Your mind is in convergence with another White Dust Mage."Rainoric said.

"Convergence? Like coming together? Is it bad?"Sakura asked panicked.

"If you feel like your nose and eyes are bleeding wake up now. If not perhaps finding  the Dust Mage and say hello. Maybe I know him."

As the two talked a pair of birds flew past her and they both landed on a tree.

"Huginn, you see this lady? She doesn't look like us."One of the birds said.

"Indeed, face of an Ardent Mage but her skin is to sunkist. Tell me lady, where do you come from?" the other bird which Sakura presumes to be Huginn.

"Hello...uhm mister birdies. I am Sakura Miyawaki I am from a planet called Earth." Sakura introduced herself to the birds.

"I am Munnin and he is Huginn, its a surprise to see a new White Dust Mage. They aren't much left. But now he has a new friend to sit with." The bird Munnin said.

"Master loves company. Master loves to talk to people. Girl named after tree must meet him."Huginn said he and his brother in flight lift off of the branch and flew off.

"Follow those birds. My father knows their master personally. He is a good friend to him and me."Rainoric said.

Sakura affirmed and moved out. The birds were indeed fast and they constantly slow down for her as her two legs still fail her.

The birds led her to a building which looked like a cathederal like the ones from Europe. It was damaged with several holes tainting the holy building. Some of the stones were floating as if they were defying gravity. Alongside that was also the vegatation that greened the exterior and interior of the building. The birds flew through a hole over a great wooden door that had seen better days. It had worn off paint, damaged carvings and signs of moss growth was present. At the top of the door was the symbol of the White Dust Church. This building would indicate that White Broken Lord Bishops meditate here.

Sakura pushed open the door and a loud creaking noise due to the rusty hinges echoed the empty halls.

When the echoes faded...

"You have come. I had sensed you when you began to dream. Meet me at the Chantry Chapel on your the right side of the cathederal." A voice echoed. The voice had the authority of a prophetic herald that urged Sakura to move on.

She headed towards the right side of a chapel and lo and behold one of the rooms was lighted unlike the others. Sakura went inside and entered the chapel. It was like one of the small catholic missions that would litter around Kagoshima that she sometimes go to out of curiousity. Several of her friends when she was still an ordinary girl in Kagoshima were Christians and would invite her to come to church every sunday to hear the word of God.

The room was fairly standard for a chapel there were several marble pews that showed signs of disrepair, an altar with the holy symbols of the Dust Church venerated for all to see and candles to light the room. Seeing that the person who's voice she heard earlier wasn't here yet. She decided to sit down.

A moment has passed and noone came for her. To pass the time she hummed herself a soft tune.

*hums slowly Yume de Kiss Me*

"You sing well I kid you not child." The same voice earlier said.

A Broken Lord dressed in worn out and gray robes walked towards the altar. He was dressed like a priest with a worn out golden sash and he carried a large book that he keeps tightly on his arm. He placed the large book on the altar and spread his arms around to commence his speech.

 

"In nomine domini in aeternum et ad pulverum amen. (In the name of the Endless and the Dust amen)."He said before opening his book.

"Tell me Sakura... do you know us how we are made to be?"the man said.

"No... not that much."Sakura replied.

"Then I shall tell you of our origins." the man spoke. He began to look at the book to recite the verses.

 

------------

(Book's POV)

 

Hundreds of millenia ago, the Endless ruled a vast empire as far as the world can see. They have achieved nearly godlike power amonsgt there subjects with Dust. Dust was able to do many magnificient things in such speed and efficiency that lesser men would think its magic. Entire mega cities were built in mere days, Computers were going beyond their limits of power and people were enlightened by it. That is however when someone found away to weaponize Dust.

Yellow Dust was able to perform great feats of physical strength, they can bring down mountains and crush the largest of armies.

Red Dust made everyone bleed and their blood flowed through out there empire.

Black Dust plagued the farmlands poisoning the soil and making the people decay.

White Dust, the most powerful of the 4 fundementals of creation made even the most resolute of minds turn insane, confused and inept.

In response to the ongoing crisis, the Endless called upon their greatest of warriors. They were the ancestors of the Broken Lords. They infused all of the 4 Dusts into their bodies. At first, the Dust made them fight better to the point of being near godlike. But after several centuries, the Broken Lords, then called 'Paladins' flesh and bones began to decay. Their souls became so attached to Dust that they no longer needed flesh and bone to maintain there form. They no longer need food but instead Dust which is more numerous and easier find and consume.

At first, the Endless concluded that an army of warriors that need no food or rest would benefit them greatly. When they were sent to battle, But it didn't go well when the citizens of their empire found out. The Paladin's were discriminated by all around them, they were no longer deemed human no more. They would look uncaring and brutal when they fight, giving the people that they were machines made by the Endless.

Instead of maintaining public order, it got worse. People refused to have the Paladins in their armies despite they were the only reason why Endless Empire was still glued together. The Paladins w

ould be overwhelmed with massive riots targeted against them and were even prohibited to get Dust which became their only food.

To prevent the riots from getting out of control, the Endless force migrated their Paladins to a planet that had a primitive population and also an abundant and sustainable supply of Dust. That planet is today the planet we live called Auriga.

The Broken Lords understood why they were sent here as an entire universe were ungrateful and despise them. They landed in Auriga during the same year the Endless Empire collapsed due to its insurrections and civil wars. Before their masters left them in Auriga. They gave their last holy orders:

"You will receive all authority in heaven and on earth, await for the hour of your redemption shall be soon. When you have proven you can inherit our broken world and correct those that we have failed to do. When the day comes, be ready to baptize all world in the name of forefathers and their sons and the Holy Dust amen."

And the Broken Lords scattered themselves around the planet.

Some made kingdoms and administered the land toiling crops for the Yamanin and maintaining law.

Others decided not to be rulers and concluded that the Yamanins should know how to think for themselves and the Paladins created great schools of learning that teaches them many great things.

The rest never gave up their warrior heritage and fled north to reform their army and build their strength.

And the word Paladin fell away from the books of history and they were now called Broken Lords. For they rule over what was left of the Endless Civilization but are flawed that they need Dust or the lifesource of others to sustain themselves.

 

------------------------------

"The Broken Lords were living things before?"Sakura asked.

"Yes my child, they were. They looked just like you. But taller, physically fitter and smarter."the white robed stranger said.

"Who are you, why are you telling me all of this?"

"I am Bishop Jowan Dain, one of the last of the White Bishops. I remember it was a millenia when we found the last White Dust Mage. It has been so long I nearly gave up hope."

"You nearly gave up? Why?"

"I can only tell a few words for you are not ready yet to know our Church's inner secrets. But I can tell you that their was a Genocide. But you I can't explain more untill you prove yourself worthy of wielding the awesome power of Dust."Bishop Dain said. His hand glowed white and light brightened the entire room and reality was brought back out.

-----------

Sakura opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was that a leaf was covering her face. She blew it away and rose up. She must have been sleeping on Rainoric's rucksack when she was meditating. It was near sunset and Rainoric's shadow was eclipsing the sun as he looke like he was performing some sort of dance moves. The picnic he made for her birthday was mostly intact except for the ants who were biting away the pastries he bought for her.

She rubbed her eyes and walked towards Rainoric. She began to notice that Rainoric wasn't doing some sort of sunset religious ritual but he was practicing moves with his swords. Rain's sword style was fairly standardish where force and powerful cuts was favored when attacking but this time Rainoric was being finnese with jumps and acrobatic sword switching. Sometimes he would 'blink Ulfberth' to his other hand making him more flexible which was outside of Rainoric's motto of strength.

"You seem to be doing alot while I was meditating."Sakura commented.

After he air ed his sword, Rainoric sheathed his blade and turned around to the sunset. He bend overed and picked up a book and showed it to Sakura. The book read 'Advanced Wushu: Swords'.

"This book was probably the greatest thing father stole for me."Rainoric boasted.

"You look like you were practicing well."Sakura complemented.

"Well how f***** dare yoy complement me."Rainoric laughed and lightly punched Sakura in the chest.

"Ettai! What was that for?"Sakura shocked.

"Well this what I do to my friends after we share a joke together. Come on don't tell me you can't take a punch or two? If you don't I'll ask Osgar and Ulrich to spit at you unconscious."

"Oh don't be lewd."

"Lewd, oh I can be as lewd as I want if im alone. Im the Crown Prince of Gimael. And I as your master order you to punch me just so I can know my slaves are strong."

"You want me to punch you?"

"I can take a punch woman! I learned how to take blows when I was 70 years old! And this Wushu book only took me four hours!"Rainoric bended his news getting ready for Sakura's punch.

Taking up her self-defense training, Sakura straight punch Rainoric to his chest. But a strong wind was blowing when she did that knocked both her and Rainoric down to the grassy ground with Sakura landing on top of Rainoric.

"Ang Daya! That was wind aided!"Rainoric protested.

"Oh you say the funniest things when your boastful"Sakura joke.

"Well I am the world's greates Melonpan eater. And if your going to ask how I know that. I confess, sometimes I would spy on your dreams and memories."

"Eh? -kan!" Sakura yelled she pinned Rainoric down to the ground with a playful angry face though it looked fake as she struggled to keep her laughter.

"? That's ert in your language right? You're the ! When I was going around your memories I saw this one that made me puke. If I could."

(Flashback)

After hopping several memories of Sakura, Rainoric stumbled into a large room with freight containers, cages, a makeshift stage and a panel of onlookers sitting by a table were looking onwards. Their was an unoccupied seat by the table and the Gimaelic decided to look at this memory of Sakura in the luxury of a leather wheeled chair.

Then the lights opened up and about 16 beautiful girls walked out of the stage. Rainoric instantly recognizes 3 of the girls, Sakura, Takamina and Paruru. They were dressed in black leather clothes with matching make up.

Takamina raised her hand commencing the beginning of a song:

"

Just tell me what you want, yeah!
You name it, I’ll do it!
I’m willing. Let’s go!

Midnight Taxi rokata ni narande
Michiyuku kuruma no nagare wo jama suru
Kurakushon nandomo naraeiru no ni
Kimi he no omoi mo koko de juutaichuu

“Sore ja imakara aimashou” nante
Tamesu mitai ni denwa wo kirareta
Nandatte suteru tsumori ni nattanda
Hyakuman bun no ichi no kakuritsu demo…

Juujun na Slave ni narou
Kimi ni hidari to iwaretara hidari
Sou ja nai migi to iwaretara
Boku wa migi no hoho wo sashi dasu darou
Ai nante chikara no baransu
Shihai suru mono to sareru mono
Muri nandai uke tome nagara
Genkai made ai no muchi ga tobu yo

Fifteen minutes okureta dake demo
“Sou iu kibun ja nai no” to iu yo ne?
Itsudemo dareka wo komaresetai dake
Boku he no kyoumi wa “tsuyoi Loyalty”

Dakedo honto wa teru yo himitsu
Sou aishi attara yowaku naru tte…
Kizutsuku koto ni wa naretenainda
Joou no tame ni nagaa namida

Juujun na Slave ni narou
Boku wa arekara toraware no mi da yo
Nige daseba ii to iwareta tte
Mienu kusari tachi kirenainda
Jiyuu to wa oroka na sutansu
Yasumono no puraido mitasu dake
Sono tazuna yurumete kureta
Sou da ai wa tsukusu koto da

Kondominiamu no sono mae ni tsuite
Mi ageta heya ni kaaten ga yureteru
Anna ni tsumetai furi a kimi ga
Boku wo matteita amai paradokkusu

Juujun na Slave ni narou
Kimi ni hidari to iwaretara hidari
Sou ja nai migi to iwaretara
Boku wa migi no hoho wo sashi dasu darou
Ai nante chikara no baransu
Shihai suru mono to sareru mono
Muri nandai uke tome nagara
Genkai made ai no muchi ga tobu yo                        "

 

Rainoric was at a lost of words of what the girls were doing to themselves. One girl was blindfolding a girl and whipping her. Another was placing a spiky mask on the mouth of a girl and led her around while both are being attached handcuffs. And another pair of girls, one of them was Sakura was dancing provacatively on the staring eyes of the onlookers, Rainoric included.

An inhuman disgust rage through him as he conjured a great sword and began to hacked the table in half.

"I... had enough!" Rainoric yelled. He stormed out of Sakura's sleeping head.

 

-------(End Flashback)------

"If I remember right that was Juujun na Slave. It was a song I sang when I was in Earth.I was not proud of doing that song. I honestly hate it."Sakura said.

"That was the craziest s*** I have ever seen! Why didn't you walk away?" Rainoric asked he raise his torso up and stood up.

Sakura cursed herself for being honest now she has to explain to Rainoric again.

"I was told by a contract that I was supposed to dance like that for the song. I had to dance provacatively infront of a camera and I wasn't proud of myself for doing that. It wasn't me."Sakura said.

"Then why didn't you just walk away? Why do something you don't like?"Rainoric pressed.

"It's complicated. I just did it because I wanted to be famous. Im a hard working girl who always follows what she was told. I wanted to be famous and they told me this is the way."Sakura said.

"You let someone else dictate how you walk? Are you an idiot? That's not how we do it here! If you want to walk you walk yourself. You need to find the right way on your own and don't let people pick your paths for you. They always just take you to a slough of despond where you will only find nothing but sadness and shame. How can you be a White Dust Mage if you let other people dictate what you should do?"Rainoric said.

"But in Tokyo if we foll---"

"Tokyo?!?! What planet do you think you are in right now? In your planet there is law and order. But here in Auriga and in space its survival of the fittest! Those who can't fight for themselves die while the others that do live. Listen to me! You are a smart girl and my Dream walkings says that. Use that mushy clump of muscle in your head called a brain and know what you want to be and are."Rainoric said.

Sakura was shocked at how Rainoric was teaching her something that was opposite to what Japan had taught her. Indeed one of the major differences between the Gimaelics and Japanese was conformity and individualism. Gimaelics are not afraid to speak their mind. If a Gimaelic is mad at you, he would burst out and physically assault you with whatever he could get his hands on unless its literally just his hands. If a Gimaelic has an opinion he will say it without a second thought though what he would say could be borderline rude in timing and content. For the Japanese however, Conformity was normal by a majority of the Nippons. If a father was a mechanic his son would most likely be a mechanic too. A woman would almost always become a housewife as soon as their first child was born. And students would focus on getting good grades by sometimes illegal means instead of actually learning.

"I see.... there was a proverb that says 'the nail that sticks up will be hammered down'."Sakura said sadly. She felt ashamed about her culture now.

Despite Japan broadcasting so much and contributing a lot to the world in terms of culture and technology. That came into a price of individuality and  a sense of pride amongst themselves.

Both the Gimaelic and Japanese Cultures are complete contrasts to each other and they both have their benefits and drawbacks.

"Yeah it gets hammered down.....unless its made from Gimaelic Steel. Ha!" Rainoric laughed. She hugged his righ arm around Sakura's waist and together they looked at the sunset. The sun was barely visible

"So your not angry with me? I'm worried I made you did."Sakura asked.

"Hey, I like a woman who fights back. Its what makes the world interesting." Rainoric said.

Basking in the sunlight together, Sakura moved her body closer to Rainoric as the last glitters of the Aurigan sun lowered down to the horizon and night began.

"Master! Master! Rainie!"Ulrich's voice echoes behind them.

"Yeah what is it now?"Rainoric asked.

"Your father.....want see....master....now."Ulrich said. His voice emphasizing that Gewis wants him immediately.

"Okay, Sakura, Ulrich get the picnic we go back to Asar's ship." Rainoric ordered.

"Hai" Sakura saluted.

 

-------------------------------------

 

"The Paladin armor is remarkably intact! Oh the wonders of Endless technology."Asaroenni tinkered the plates of Paladin armored that Wulfgar sent for analysis.

"Paladin armor, my father told me he wore one before he died. I could barely remember his. It was colored green and gold and was decorated with ribbons, golden brooches and jewelry just like this one." Gewis said.

"King Merovech may you find glory in heaven*. Indeed it is, intact and still battle-worthy, just look at the scratches and dents.... if you can see them with your micro....uhm....those tunnel thingy that makes you see small things better."Wulfgar said. He was back to his regular outfit of his lorica and shirt with trousers. He had left behind Takamina, Yukirin and the Legionnaires with the Red Suns prisoners to deliver a sample of Paladin armor to Asaroenni.

Gewis was astonished to see that there was still caches of Paladin Armor still scattered around Auriga let alone in perfect condition.

"Father, What do you want for....is that Paladin armor? "Rainoric asked.

"Indeed it is. They were the centerpiece of the Red Sun's collection. And its mine so don't touch."Wulfgar said.

"If I remember correctly some of the people I have taken from earth are from a school called 'University of Tokyo'. I hear they are really good with technology and if they are able to, we can manufacture Paladin Armor and Guns in a large scale! Like back during the Old Empire." Gewis said.

"That is briliant father. We should give out the order at once."Rainoric said.

Sakura walked over to Asar's table and looked at the Paladin armor. It was thicker than the Gimaelic Steel armor and it was like straight from an RPG game. It wass decorated with inscripted writings of the Endless language, ribbons that described tales of valor and adornments ranging fro golden symbols to colored schemes.

"This is like Gundam only....bigger."Sakura said.

"Well, your Gundams got nothing on a Paladin. Their was an old story that a lone Paladin once defeated an entire horde of demons with only a sword in one hand and a fist in the other. Knockec the down back to the depths of hell where it came."Wulfgar said.

"So the Endless can make such technology like this right? What about their mages?"Sakura asked.

"The word 'Mage' is an inaccuracy. Dust is not a 'magical force' as most of you Aurigans believe. They are like tiny machines that certain people can control. Though how and why can some people can and other cannot remains a mystery to me."Asaroenni said.

"Ay! I forgot. Asar, she has the power too. White Power."Wulfgar said.

"Really? Another Human with that sort of power? Little girl, I tell you to use your power wisely. White Dust is one of the most unpredictable of the 4 Dusts."Asar said.

"I will." Sakura nodded her head.

"My lord! Baizan is under attack!" A Gimaelic warrior said.

"By who? What?"Gewis asked.

"Zombies! The undead! Their bodies covered in Black Dust. A Necro-Duster is terrorizing the Red Light district!"

"Asar! Quick I need to wear the armor now!"Wulfgar yelled.

"Sakura come with me!"Rainoric said. He pulled out Ulfberth and walked out with Sakura following.

"Asar, take care of Belisarius. I am coming with my son."Gewis said.

 

And so, the Battle of Baizan Island begins....

 

*Merovech is a highly revered and respected figure to the Gimaelics since he founded the nation. After his death of Old Age (in Broken Lord standards) the Gimaelics always say 'may you find glory in heaven'

 

In the next chapter we turn back the books of time where we left of in the Skin Trade.