Vanoran

The Barbarian's Cherry Blossom

Sakura splashed water onto Rainoric's head and zealously scrubbed off the blood and guts of the dragon off of her master.  Rainoric willingly surrendered himself to Sakura's rough scrubbing and some shower water as the Dragon innards tainted the Bath. Using a large sponge and some soap she found, Sakura vigorously wiped off the filth off of Rainoric.

Rainoric, a Broken Lord who almost never needs to undergo any kind of hygienic ritual except in the case there is a grossly high amount of filth all over his body that could diminish the image of any Noble.

Sakura finished rubbing off the last of the filth on Rainorics body and double checked to see if she missed any spots. Her eyes then laid on Rainoric's head and she was shocked to see some intestines were caught in the young Warlord's engravings of his helmet/head.

"My Lord, there some more dragon guts on... your head." She said awkwardly

"Really? Ok, be very careful with my head ok? Its literally worth in the Earth Idiom I have learned 'A million dollars'." Rainoric replied. He detached his head and held it infront of Sakura. Sakura now carefully scrapped of the last of the dragon filth. She began to ask Rainoric:

"How does your helmet stay on top of you? I mean you dont like actually have a head. Its just a helmet."

"Well, to educate you Yamanin, Broken Lords are like ghosts in a physical form. The Dust that I was born into maintains my current physical form. Some Broken Lords are blessed with special skills like strength such in the case of Wulfgar who we call 'The Tower' or superb intellect like Eslek." Rainoric replied.

"So what are you born with?" Asked Sakura

"I dont really know to be honest. Some people call it cunning, others instinct and Gizzur said I'm 'blessed' with madness. Now I ask you back since you keep asking everybody questions. What are you born with?"

Sakura thought hard to herself thinking over her past life.

"Well, I can sing and dance for starters." Sakura said humming a short tune that invigorated Rainoric.

"I can see that already, anything else?"

"Well I can act and draw. But I'm still looking for some other talents I maybe good at." Sakura replied scrapping off the last of dirt Rainoric's helmet/head. Putting it back on to his body, Rainoric called forth Wulfgar and Osgar who had a fresh pair of clothes for him.

Wearing a pale green trousers and a green padded leather shirt, Rainoric was now ready for the Vanoran welcoming party. Sakura walked behind Osgar and Wulfgar as they escorted him to Belisarius.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Magister Equites Flavius Julianus Belisarius, Son of the Late Flavius Sabbatianus Belisarius welcomes you," Churi had formally introduced her master to Rainoric.

"I have heard the news of your slight 'detours' on your way here Rainoric," Belisarius said, extending a plate of Dust to him showing his hospitality to his guest.

"Yeah! I even have a souvenir to show to you. Osgar," Rainoric replied waving his hand to Osgar, who quickly presented the Dragon's head. Belisarius held the heart and looked at it as if he was staring at a prized diamond.

"I have heard that my Falconer Akane knew several of your slaves I have heard." Belisarius said giving back the heart to Osgar.

"Yes, but that question should be told to my personal slave Sakura. Sakura, explain to Belisarius."

"Churi-san is a friend of a friend of mine. I remember she loves birds and likes the color green and yellow," Sakura said as much as she possibly and politely could.

"Well, I have a job taking care of bird both living and Dust-animated, so I'm living the dream," Churi smiled.

"Both living and Dust-animated?" Sakura asked.

"Ah! See! Again with your damn asking," Rainoric cussed.

"Manners, master," Sakura said.

"As I was about to say, yeah I take care of some Dust birds. I have one that is my one personal pet," Churi said. She then whistled cutely and it had echoed through the hall. Then a majestic Dust-Eagle flew through to an open window and landed softly on Churi's hand.

"Sakura, Takamina-oshi, Paruru, Hayato-chan, meet Papipo." Churi said proudly. Papipo bowed down with her. The AKB girls and Hayato took to petting Churi's bird friend with Papipo gladly accepting the gesture.

"I see you like one of my prized hunting birds. Helped me captured lots of Lagos* when I wanted some stew," Belisarius commented also petting Papipo.

Belisarius the lead his guest to a dining hall that was prepared for their arrival. The Gimaelic Nobles sat on a seperate table from there servants. Hayato insisted that he sits with his sister in the 'Nobles' tables and Churi sat with Sakura and Takamina on the other table.

"So tell me more how you ended up here? You said you were taken from a Subway," Takamina inquired.

"Well.... It began as...." Churi began to remember that fateful day.

--------------------------------(Flashback)-------------------------------------------------------------

Churi, Miyuki and Yukirin were walking in Shibuya for a little girly date during the day the Gimaelics attacked Tokyo. They just crossed Shibuya crossing and have reached the train station side of the famous crossing. There were people walking around checkin their time. Hachiko standing proudly and ever so loyal. And a Bejewelled bearded man with a decapitated head belt hacking a JSDF soldier.... Wait what???

"We have arrived at the Promised Land men! Take what you can and all of you bastards owe me 25 scalps!" The Barbarian said

Then a horde of Barbarians flooded in from out of nowhere and began to pillage Shibuya. Churi, Miyuki and Yukirin ran as fast as they could but since their physically unfit legs were their undoing. They were all eventually caught by the Bejewelled Headhunters.

They were then taken to one of the Gimaelic raiding leaders. He observed his catch and went up to Yuki.

"Ooo..... I like her.... I like her eyes..... and she smells of life," He said nearly caressing his face with Yuki's. Yuki, being revolted by the Gimaelic's erted actions spat at him. Disgusted by the young woman's reaction, the leader punched Yuki so hard she was knocked out in one hit.

"Yuki!" Miyuki shouted. Here eyess beginning to tear up.

"Blyad! Boss I think you knocked her out! She's not standing back up." said a Gimaelic who looked over KO'd Yuki.

"Their pretty looking dames but are too fragile. They probably die when they go back to Gimael. Might as well sell them to some Vanoran Nobles. Take them to the ship." The raid leader ordered.

The Gimaleics took the AKB girls to the ship where fate will have them meet Belisarius and eventually Rainoric with Sakura, Takamina, Paruru and Hayato.

 

(About a week later)

"And we have 3 women from Earth up for sale today! They will make a fine servant even in the Emperor's Palace. Do I have a bid?" said an auctioner.

Akane, Miyuki and Yuki were now in Auriga, a strange new world that is obviously alien to them. They were then led up to a stage that everyone in the Market could see. They were still wearing the same clothes they had worn when they were captured and they all looked dirty and ragged up already. Bids of the universal name of currency in Auriga called 'Ducats' were said in various quantities.

"300! 500! 700! 1000!" were the bids. Just as the bids could get any higher a loud voice that was heard in the market place was heard.

"1000! For each of them!" a man wearing bronze colored armor, hair as messy as a mop and riding on Dust-horse back stood forward.

"Ah! Magister Julianus Belisarius. 3000? You have that kind of money?" the auctioner said.

"Indeed mercator, I have just received my inheritance after my Father's funeral and I wish to spend it now," Belisarius handed him a medium pouch of Ducats to the merchant.

"Sold! A pleasure to be dealing with you and your family," Said the merchant as he gestured his hands for Belisarius to take them away.

Belisarius took the AKB girls to his Villa in the outskirts of the city. The house was sitting on top of a hil and it featured a plantation to grow crops, corral for his Dust Horses, A barracks for his personal legion of Vanoran calvalrymen, And a view of the ocean. Belisarius taught his new servants how to speak Aurigan in the Vanoran dialect, the rules of his Villa and a brief history of his families' legacy as famed horsemen.

Akane became Belisarius' falcorist and a part-time guard armed with a Dust enriched laser crossbow.

Miyuki became one of Belisarius' personal servants who would give him his meals, letters and other important items.

Yukirin works in the fields and barrack as a nurse who tends to the wounds of injured guards and farmhands. She also sings in a Earthling-owned tavern from time to time for some extra cash. She had grown quite popular there.

--------------------(End Flashback)---------------------------

"And that's how I ended up here in Vanoran," Churi ended her story.

"So Yukirin and Milky are here right now? Where are they?" Takamina asked.

"Miyuki is going to serve some food to us soon while Yukirin is at the Tavern or Izakaya as the other Earthlings like to say doing her part time job," Churi replied.

Takamina, Churi and Sakura began to catch up and give each other stories about their experiences about their masters for several more minutes.

Just as they were about to finish catchin up, Sakura felt she was poked by the side of her hip. She turned around to see a golden eyed and stony skinned dog was poking her.

"Ah! Fidus! Come here boy." Churi petted the stone dog.

"That's a dog? It looks so... stony." Sakura said.

"When you give some Dust to a Carved statue you can actually bring it to life. By the way, you may know him by this. Sit Fidus," Churi ordered the Dust Dog to sit.

The dog sat down and Sakura and Takamina were shocked to what kind of statue Fidus was.

"Hachiko? Hachiko! Paruru! Hayato! Its Hachiko!" Shouted Sakura. Paruru and Hayato stood up from their seats and began to pet Fidus/Hachiko.

Meanwhile in the Noble's table:

"I grow tired of Earth Wine Belisarius. Their zesty but they aint as strong as ours. Can you fetch me some of the finest Vanoran wine? I want a real punch, no I deserve one!" Osgar drunkly said after downing the last of his Earth Wine.

"Yes,Hero of the 4th Cultist Wars (The Battle that Belisarius late father participated and the Battle that made Osgar famous for ambushing Cultists.) Fetch the finest of wines now!" Belisariur ordered a servant.

"Coming!" Said a voice familiar to the AKB girls.

A young Japanese girl dressed in a Vanoran woman's garb with a bottle of wine in hand entered the room.

The AKB girls leaned over to get a look at the girl and not to their surprise it was none other than Miyuki Watanabe.

"Here you go. A cup of wine for the Spear Master," Miyuki fished Osgar.

"I like you already. Ha! Cheers to Belisarius," Osgar replied.

Miyuki then went to the commoner's tables and sat down next to Takamina and giving her a big 'Miyuki' hug.

"Aaaa! Takamina-san! Sakura-tan! And even Paruru! I cant believe your here too!" Miyuki said

Takamina pushed aside Miyuki and gave her a confused look and said:

"You seem quite happy to be here. But aren't you a slave to this man?"

"Not really," Miyuki replied

"What? 'Not really'? How?" Sakura asked.

"Well let me explain..." Miyuki began to flashback a few months ago.

 

----------------(Flashback AGAIN!!!)----------------------

 

Miyuki Watanabe was rushing down the halls with a cold towel for Belisarius. Belisarius would consistently practice his sword at the Balcony of his room over looking the bay. After being a servant of him for about 6 months, Miyuki learned the ropes of the house. Miyuki quitely opened the door to Belisarius' room but it was strangely quiet.

"Hello? Julianus-san? Are you done train--- Julian? Belisarius? Master?" Miyuki was shocked to see Belisarius was lying on the floor flinching. She quickly dashed across the room to him and placed his head on her knee.

"What's wrong? What happened to you?" Miyuki asked desperately.

Belisarius pointed to a table that contained a box. Miyuki quickly grabbed the box and gave it to him. Inside the box was a glass bottle containing some dried herb unknown to Miyuki. Belisarius inhaled it and intstantly was back to health after a few whiffs. Belisarius then dragged himself to bed with his hand on his forehead rubbing the skin. Miyuki held his hand in concern and followed him.

"I'm sorry I collapsed infront of you," He apologized

"Magister Belisarius, what were you inhaling?" Miyuki gave a concerned face to Julianus.

Belisarius looked at Miyuki and felt guilt ride down his heart. He looked down to the floor and then with a gloomy smile turned to Miyuki.

"I can't hide it anymore. Miyuki do you know the plant Poium?" Belisarius gave a question

"No, I'm afraid not. What is it?"

"It's a drug that I take to ease my anxieties," Belisarius admits his dark secret.

Miyuki was shocked to hear this revelation. Despite being surrounded with innocence, cuteness and joy throughout her life she wasn't naive to know that drugs when used abusively will eventually kill the user. Miyuki grabbed both of Belisarius' hands with her's and stared to his eyes intensly.

"Anxiety? Why? You're the latest in line of famous Horse riders. You control one of the finest horseman in your planet and live in one of the most beautiful houses here. Why are you so worried?"

"Thats exactly why! My families legacy! My riches and prestige! What if it was all taken away from me? I'm nothing with out them!" Belisarius quickly tried to grab the glass bottle containing the drug but Miyuki grabbed it first and threw the bottle away to the balcony letting it fall down to the ground.

"I can't allow you to take anymore of it! You will only tarnish your last name Julianus-san. Listen to me, I remember when I was in Highschool that I watched a film about the dangers of drugs," Miyuki said

"What's a Highschool?" Belisarius asked.

"Hum, it's a school where everyone goes to learn things. I learned a lot from there. It's like a school for commoners to learn stuff like science and math," Miyuki replied with a sigh of frustration.

"A school for filthy peasants? You Earthlings are so strange to me."

"That's not the point. I remember that the film was a documentary of a man on the final days of his drug addiction he was young man in age but not in appearance. On his deathbed he looked like an Ojisan, an old man. And this man was like around 30 years old! His addiction got the better of him and you dont want to end up like him," Miyuki pleaded hoping her words would fish Belisarius heart. And when I mean fish, she's fishing to save a man's life!

"But how will I stand up to my families legacy?" Belisarius asked with clarity encircling his mind.

"Every man who is destined to be great needs friends to support him. Even drug addicts need support too," Miyuki said.

"Then you support me then Miyuki! I dont want to die young and look old. But how can I do it?" Belisarius asked with sweat from Poium withdrawal starting to bathe his face.

"Well you need to learn a hobby that can get your mind off of it? Anything you like to play or do other than swordfighting?"

"I don't know Miyuki, what about you?"

"Well, I'm a good cook and I can do caligraphy," Miyuki said

"Caligraphy?"

"Yes I can teach you here," Miyuki began to draw her name in Japanese in a piece of paper....

 

-----------------(End Flashback)------------------

"I would help Belisarius with his drug problem and he gives me nice things in return like sweaters and dresses. But keep that a secret between us ok? Belisarius doesnt want anyone outside his house to know of this," Miyuki ended her story.

"But why me? I'm don't work for him," Takamina said

"Well you're still our leader and its comforting to know that you're here with us right now. Because, I don't know if we will ever see Japan again," Miyuki worringly said. Takamina and Sakura placed their hands on Milky's back and patted her.

"We will see Japan one day Miyuki. I assure you. No WE assure ALL of US that we will go back to Earth." Sakura said.

"Thanks Sakura. You've really matured for a . I bet your master would be... Wait... he doesn't look human.... He's one of them isn't he?" Miyuki looked to Rainoric and was shocked to see his Broken Lord features. Empty eyes, ghostly aura and the fact that there is no flesh under all of that thick armor of Gimaelic Steel.

"One of who?" Sakura asked

"He is a Nordic* Broken Lord. I heard they would decorate their homes with the corpses of the people they killed. Drink the blood of young children. Feed on the fetuses of pregnant women and choke men in their sleep if they feel like doing it," Miyuki said scared.

"I even heard that Gimaelics work their slaves untill they die. If I can add that on," Churi said

Sakura shivered at the words of Churi and Milky. Do these Barbarians have any standards on anything? But Rainoric? The voice she heard when she was in a coma said that he is destined for great things and that she alone can help him achieve them.

"I dont believe all of the Gimaelics are feral savages. I mean I dont blame them most of the time. Do you know what is it like to live in the Tundra? I barely survived my first week there because I could count hundreds of times where my face, Takamina's face, Paruru's and even Hayato's face looked like an Ice cube. Almost everyone even the rich people have to fight for food. Its pitiful to see them in such a state," Sakura said.

"I believe only half of you said is true wine wench!" Osgar butted in.

"They maybe be nasty in the inside but there just people trying their best to survive in their home and raiding is just the way they are still able to survive living her," Takamina said.

"I just don't trust them Takamina-san. Not after what they did to Yukirin back in Tokyo," Churi warned.

 

The dinner feast went well underway from that point as the Gimaelics were chowing down like pigs on the delicous food. The AKB girls also enjoyed their share and ate contently. Music was playing a relaxing tune and the reunited AKB girls shared some cheery or curious stories to each other. As the food was finally diminished, Belisarius banged the of his dining knife to the tablre repeatedly.

"Now that pleasantries have passed its welcome let us get down to bussines shall we."

"My father wants a third of the income you get when your government eventually pushes through with an expedition to Earth since we are supplying you the fuel and raw materials and since it is my Passage of rite I got a special request for ya," Rainoric initiated negotiations.

"A special request?" Belisarius' eyebrows flinched up in curiousity.

"Lend me your ship 'The Brave' for a little fishing."

"Fishing? With a Gauron class battle ship?" Belisarius disbelievingly asked

"Fish a Sea King. I will pay you in jewels and even some Gimaelic steel if you just let us kill one Sea King in your ship."

Belisarius scratched himself of the offer. His ship 'The Brave' was considered the most well armed and well armored floating fortresses in Auriga. He had privately funded its crew and its armament to the prime of perfection. Belisarius came up with his decision and breathed in and out:

"No deal..... If.....don't go berserk on me Gimaelic just yet........ you help me with a little problem......" Belisarius stood up shushing Rainoric who would have flipped the table in anger.

"And what is your problem?" Rainoric asked.

"A very politically sensitive problem. One of my guards, if I remember correctly was Akane, has been giving me reports that a powerful member of the Vanoran parliament is suspected of conspiring with the Cultists. If I try to take him to court through legal means, he will come out on top or worse, have the accuser, me, assassinated before the trial even starts," Belisarius explained.

"And why do you want me to do it?" Rainoric asked

"Not you primarily, Son of Gewis, but your Sebharrians to be exact. I need you to go inside the traitorous politician's villa, infiltrate it and get me very convincing evidence. I recall Sebharrians are really good at not being seen at night."

"Then you have my men, give me the bastard's location and you can 'legally' steal all of his cash with your 'courts and lawyers and jurys'," Rainoric said with a slight distain for the civilised legal system.

"Very well then. Akane," Belisarius ordered his guardsman and falconer towards him.

"Yes, master?" The falconer walked towards her master.

"I've decided for you to help these men for this heist, since you were the one who had obtained these details."

"As you wish, Master Belisarius," she bowed to him.

"Show them to some private quarters where you can discuss."

"Of course."

It took them a few minutes to find an empty room. They sat down at the table and discussed more about the traitor.

"What is his name, first of all?"

"From what I had heard from mulltiple sources, his name's Eleutherius. No-one was sure of his surname, however."

"Surname?"

"I guess you can say it's a secondary name, like how Master Julianus' surname is Belisarius."

"So, what's your surname, Earthling?" Osgar asked suspiciously.

"Takayanagi. Akane Takayanagi, at your service. Or you can call me Churi, like Sakura did."

"So what are we going to do to carry this out?" Rainoric asked her.

The human girl thought for awhile.

"I have an idea. We need someone on look--"

"Me! Me!" Ulrich shouted whilst jumping up and down.

"I was going to say someone on lookout."

"Then we'll have Ulrich on lookout. What did Belisarius mean by evidence?" Osgar and Rainoric asked simultaneously.

"We need evidence that clearly proves that Eleutherius is guilty of betraying the Vanoran people," Churi explained to them as clearly as she could.

"Right... What happens if he or his servants find out?" Rainoric queried the falconer.

"Do what you Gimaelics do best. Break some skulls."

"What shall you do then, Takayanagi?" Osgar asked the girl once again..

"Me? I'll just stick to the long range shooting, and information collecting. Any way here's the plan....."

 

--------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, out on the streets of Vanoran, the AKB girls were scouring out for the place in which Yuki Kashiwagi was working. They had looked everywhere but luckily for them before they could say that they were lost, Miyuki had shown them a small tavern in the corner of the street that they were walking.

"This is where she should be."

As they had walked inside, they were met with the usual bar atmosphere, where men where talking away, some smoking and others just standing around drinking. The interior was a tad bit messy, but not so much that it was deemed unpresentable. Sakura was taking glances throughout the tavern to see if she could find who they were looking for.

"She should be here, she told me that she would be on shift today," Miyuki said, confused.

Then a familiar looking girl stepped on a mini-stage, and in reaction everyone present in the tavern stopped and were quiet. As she started singing, the calm, smooth sounding voice instantly gave them a hint as to who it was.

ORENJIiro no mikadzuki ga
sora no hashikko de sunete iru mitai
denwa kurai dekinakatta no?
anata ga nikutarashii
zutto matteta no ni...

kyou wa shigoto ga isogashii koto nante
watashi ni datte wakatte iru kedo
hitorikiri no ASUFARUTO wa ashioto ga samishisugite
akikan no hitotsu keritaku naru

The other AKB girls present started singing along. The girl then turned and smiled, before continuing to sing.

nakitaku naru hodo
anata ni aitai
ima sugu kono sora wo tonde yukitai
doue konna ni suki ni nattan darou?
honki ni naru tsumori wa nakatta
yokaze no shiwaza

kumo ga kakatta mikadzuki ga
zutto ano basho de machibouke eru
hoshi ga soba ni ikutsu atte mo
anata ja nakya dame na no
tatta hitotsu no hoshi

Sakura smiled, knowing that her senior was so relaxed when she did what she loved to do the most. That was to sing.

jidoukouen no SHIISOO ni koshikake
chakushin rireki wo nando mo nagamete
watashi dake ga koi no hijuu omosugite katamuiteru
nee MEERU kurai choudai yo

nakitaku naru hodo
anata ni aitai
ima iru sono basho e yonde hoshii no
doko ka e yorimichi ai kibun na no yo
hitori no heya ni kaeritaku nai
yokaze no shiwaza

Thinking about it further, Sakura realised how much the three girls kinda have gotten used to the new environment that they were given. Churi became a guardswoman, and she got to do something that she had wanted to do for a long time, as a permanent job for herself, which was falconry. Miyuki, gets luxuries in exchange for helping the Magister Equites get rid of his drug problems, and Yuki? Well, at least she gets to do the thing she had done for 8 continuous years.

 

 

dore dake mattara
anata ni aeru no?
kono mama yoake made koko ni iyou ka?
doue konna ni MUKI ni natterun daro?
aa ni nareba mata aeru no ni...
kaeritaku nai

Then as the song ended and the crowds clapped, Yuki took a bow and started to make her way to the group of people that she had wanted to see for so long.

"Milky!"

"I brought some friends." 

Yuki shook hands with Sakura, Paruru and Takamina then saluted Hayato in his Hussar uniform. Sakura being ecstatic, held her fellow Kagoshima borns' hand as she introduced them to her master's bodyguards.

"This is Osgar Daguth." Sakura introduced. Osgar tipped his helmet off in greetings.

"Osgar-san, I heard stories of your bravery." Yuki complemented

"Ulrich the Young Wolf"

"I heard your quite the agile one." Yuki petted the beserker's head making Ulrich squell in delight over her soft and mellow touch.

"Wulf--"

"Choice! The Tower!" Wulfgar interrupted putting his hands on his waist in a macho pose.

"I heard you once slew a giant with your fist. You must be very strong! I bet you can lift so many shopping bags..... I mean weights." Yuki caressed seductively Wulfgar's scaled armor arms.

"And this is...."

"Gizzur, the Jewelsmith of Gimael and head of my own band of...." Gizur moved his hands to shake Yuki but he only got a scared look from her. Yuki's eyes were wide open and her arms and legs trembled like she was in the middle of an earthquake. Sakura saw that her skin began to sweat profusely and was chattering.

"Your.... one......of them......." Yuki stuttered

"Im the leader my Pearl of the Orient are you..." Gizzur tried to grab Yuki as she suddenly fell down the floor. Yuki crawled backwards until she hit one of the tavern's wooden pillars. She then crawle up her legs and began to cry.

"Your not real! You cant be real! Mom.... Dad.....Mayu........Get away......GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" Yuki shouted as she began to throw a childish tantrum at the tavern, much to the shock of her fellow AKB sisters and the patrons there.

"Hey! Why is my favorite singer crying like spoilt child?" Said one of them.

"Yukirin, what's wrong?" Another said.

Paruru and Takamina with the help of Miyuki dragged the mentally unstable Yuki downstairs to a storage room where the Tavern's drinkss were held.

"Yuki! Yuki! YUKI!!! Stay with us, come back. Breathe in and out please." Paruru said giving a worried face to distraught Yuki.

Yuki relaxed as she was no longer infront of strangers but now some of her closes friends. Her sobs began to slow down as her sanity came back into the spotlight on her mind.

"Why.... Why... are you with that Monster? That Animal? That Demon? Did he bit you? Tried to scratch with a knife? Boiled your hand in oil till its as red as blood?" Yuki asked, reddened eyes from her previous outburst were visible in her face. Last time Takamina and Paruru saw something like that was sometime after a Scandal of her during a theater performance.

"Who are you talking about?" Takamina asked.

"The shiny man, the one who calls himself 'The Bejewelled Headhunter'. He did things that not even a demon would think of doing." Yuki's mind went back to a time where she just left her planet.

 

----------------------(FLASHBACK TIME!!!! HUZZAH!!!! GRAPHIC WARNING THOU)-------------------------

Yuki's eyes slowly opened to see only incomplete darkness. Their was a light above her cell that barely illuminated the room. She could see that she was with Churi and Miyuki who were both deeply asleep. Their about a few other people in her cell. As she looked out from it. She could see that there were thousands of other people also cramped up in cells too. She looked across and saw that in the other cell were a several people mostly adults and a few children. One of the women looked like she was pregnant and was experiencing labor pains. Then a bejewelled bearded man entered the prison. Yuki couldnt quite tell of his facial features since it was not lit well enough.

The man observed the prisoners staring intently at them. His eyes met with Yuki which struck fear in her heart like a dagger. The man turned around and looked onto the pregnant woman.

"Tasukete! Im pregnant! Ah!!!" She said raising her hand to the Gimaelic.

"Schnauze du schlampe! Sie aufwachen jeden!" The man heartlessly said. He slapped the pregnant woman.

"Please! Watachi no akachan!" The woman pleaded with bloodied tears in her eyes. But the Gimaelic continued to beat her. Some of the prisoners in the cell woke up to see the cruel event and tried to rescue the woman but the Bejewelled Man who was physically stronger than them shrugged them off and started to cut them down mercilessly like a wild beast on a rampage.

Yuki closed her eyes and covered her ears to not hear the screams of those who were perishing from the vile man. After a few minutes that seemed to be forever, Yuki felt wet fingers touch her face. She opened her eyes to still see the Bejewelled man now covered in the blood of her countrymen. The Gimaelic sniffed Yuki and spoke to her creepily.

"Ooo.....I.... Like....You..... Sie haben weiche haut....." The man spoke. Yuki could just barely imagine what could happen to her next then she heard a voice that drew the insane man away.

"Oh! I thought I told you to kill off the rejects! We'll be landing in Vanoran soon!" The voice said.

"Da! Some of them resisted. Im coming!" He said leaving Yuki scarred with grief.

Yuki withdrew to a fetal position and began to cry tears of despair. What the hell did she got herself into?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Their......monsters...... They are all monsters.....Especially their King! He is the devil incarnate!" Yuki said as she continued to cry. Paruru gave Yukirin a glass of water to calm her while Takamina hugged her.

"Alright Yuki but right now you need to stay with us right now. Dont go back there anymore you will only hurt yourself." Takamina comforted.

Meanwhile back upstairs in the tavern:

"So I heard of a person cloaked in a Deathseekers robe was going killing slavers all over the Baizan* Islands. They say her laughs can make you feel cold inside. Heard she ripped a man with her 2 knives and played with his gizzards." A patron chatted with Sakura chugging down another round of his ale.

"Anything more I can hear?" Sakura asked.

"Well Theuderic has been looking for Gizzur ever since you...." The man was interrupted by Gizzur

"Theuderic? How is that flyer? How is he?"

"Who's Theuderic?" Sakura asked

"My ace apprentice, used to work for me 'till He got a job in the Vanoran Merchant's guild. Now he is the Guild leader. I can think of any other word to express my pride for him." Gizzur proudly said.

"Well he's been looking for yer shiny arse for the last 2 days been turning every tavern here from Sagrados to Merkut looking for you." The patron replied.

"Yatta! Guild leader, do you think he can help us out with that trade expedition? Like maybe use some of his connections in the market or something?" Sakura suggested.

Gizzur thought of Sakura's words and turned to her smiling:

"Sakura, you bloody genius! I should go meet him now! Lets wait fer yer friends first."

Sakura looked on to her surroundings and saw Wulfgar showing his tremendous strength to the patrons by carrying Miyuki in one arm and a keg of ale in the other. The crowd roared in amazement with Sakura also crying out in applause.

"Gimaelic Power Seepferdchen's*!" He said.

"Wee! This is like Disneyland" Miyuki shouted raising her arms as if riding a roller coaster.

Just then Takamina, Paruru and a very exhausted Yukirin came back up from the cellar. Yukirin gave a cold stare at Gizzur as she went back to her dressing room alone. Gizzur felt confused on why Yuki was scared of him.

"I dont think Yukirin can't chat with us any longer girls. She's tired, we should let her rest." Takamina suggested.

"Might as well go to Theuderic then lads. Wonder if he still remembers me." Gizzur said.

"Ah Bee's Knees gonna see his fancy toff again. To bad I cant piss more.... Ha ha...." Osgar drunkenly said who had let himself go on 4 rounds of beer.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Merchant's Guild Headquarters:

(Source Casa Batlo Facade)

Sakura marveled at this Oddity of a building that stood out among all the other buildings in Vanoran. Instead of the Graeco-Romanesque buildings she saw, the Merchant's Guild Headquarters looked like it was inspired by nature itself. The facade looked like it was carved out from bones and then decorated bottom-to-top. Rainoric and Churi joined her, Hayato, Takamina, Paruru, Wulfgar, Osgar and Gizzur. Miyuki had to go back to Belisarius' Villa for her servant duties and wished them good luck. The group entered the building to the entrance hall. The hall was just like the exterior itself, alienic shapes, colorful windows and mosaic stones picturing a dragon-like creature at the ceiling.

The hall had various creatures and strange looking humans walking around and discussing bussines to each other. A man dressed in baggy clothing like a desert man from Arabia was arguing about prices to a woman who had big flaggy like ears that looked at first like her hair. An Insectoid creature was being escorted by 2 diamond-like golems. And A lightly dressed woman with strange runic tatoos was sitting by a desk writing down some paperwork. Gizzur approached the woman:

"Nahla, Is Theuderic ready to meet his old master?" He asked quietly

"He prefers to be called Jiradujeva Count of Heldia. He might burn you shiny face off." Nahla replied

"Ha! Looks like I taught him well when he was my apprentice." Gizzur laughed.

"Theuderic is his Gimaelic name, he came from Argabah, and his birthname was Jiraduveja." Rainoric whispered to the AKB girls.

"Why would he go to Guaita?" Hayato asked raising his hand like a curious school boy.

"He needed some 'on the job' training and he learned a little bit more from our own 'Bejewelled Headhunter' for example he once shutdown an entire Black Market by himself and skinned the merchants for selling fake GImaelic steels. Wore some of them as a shirt for a few days. Smelled like Necrophage from what Gizzur told me." Rainoric whispered again.

"Ew! Does Gizzur teach people to be Psychos." Paruru recoiled

"Yes Amber, 'cuz might makes right in GImael. Using fear m'lady is the jewel on the crown." Gizzur said sarcastically rudely ticking off Nahla.

"Anyway Jira or 'Theuderic' shall see you know at his office." Nahla said.

Nahla guided the Gedriht up a flight of stairs to a large door on the 2nd floor. It was even more luxorious and decorative than the hall and the facade. It was decorated with jewels that formed images of dragons flying around clouds above mountains. Gizzur pushed open door and opened his arms wide.

"Theuderic!" He said

"Master!" A shadowy human-like figure facing the sunlight from the window behind his desk.

But the human-like illusion was shattered when Jiradujeva open wide his arms.....to reveal wings.

"EH!?!" Takamina was surprised to see 'Theuderic'.

Jiraduveja jumped out from his chair and glided across his large office to Gizzur. Sakura's eyes went wide open when she saw that Theuderic or Jiraduveja was some sord of Dragon-human hybrid. His arms had wings that could be brought out with a flick of one's nerve and Jira's mouth was long like a lizard. His face was decorated from his horns to his mouth with jewelry and tatoos. Jiraduveja hugged Gizzur.

"When I heard that your future king was here on a visit. I instantly thought you were there too with him." Jira said.

"You were always a nose Theu." Gizzur replied. He let go his former apprentice so that the dragon could see Gizzur's group.

The AKB girls and Hayato were standing their with utter shock and awe as the Dragon man person of a Merchant's Guild leader approached them. Jira grinned his teeth at them making them tremble even more. Hayato hid behind his sister despite he was being trained to be a Hussar.

"Ane, kowaidesu." Hayato whispered to Paruru's ear. Paruru was shielding her brother while she was deeply breathing for air to fathom this bestial sight.

"Dont worry young ones. A Drakken doesnt bite unless you bite him back." Jira said.

"Feigling!" Rainoric said

"So anyway, Akane, I can help you get into Eleutherius Villa on the mountains." Jira turned.

"Belisarius told you of the plot against our country?" Churi questioned.

"Julianus promised me if I help you he will vouch for me to be the expedition leader if the whole expedition to Earth proposal gets passed."

"Whohoa! Looks like we dont need to do the 'Crazy prisoner on the loose diversion and the fake package surprise' after all." Rainoric said.

"Good! Churi just go back to the kitchen cooking that 'gyoza' that I heard is getting some craze here. I hate tight spaces." Osgar scoffed.

"I heard that." Churi shouted. A vessel almost popped on her forehead.

"Maybe if you should put some wine yer fowl and then I may start to like you. And your Papipo? I've seen Bos folks prettier than that spawn." Osgar sarcastically replied.

Churi quickly shot her Dust-enhanced crossbow at Osgar. But she intetionally missed Osgar by an inch.

"A drunk blindman can put a bolt in my eye better than your schwahaden*."

"We settle this somewhere where I can make you look like the idiot you are!" Churi's eyes were like a dangerous lightning zapping towards Osgar who's eyes accepted the challenge. Sakura wondered why do these 2 people hate each other.

"Anyway lads, here's how we can get into his villa." Jira gave out some pieces of paper written in Gimaelic.

"What are they?" Takamina asked trying to keep away Churi from Osgar.

"Invitations to a party. Im a powerful man who is the talk of the city and I attract the attention of the nobles quite well. I keep the peasants and laborers in check with these 2 words 'plata or plomo? Anyway, me and Rainoric will distract Eleutherius by being their, Churi, Osgar and Ulrich, go search for some hard evidence that Eleu is working with the cultists." Jira said.

"Make sure birdie girl doesnt shove a bolt up my from behind." Osgar snickered. Churi held a crossbow bolt and pointed it at the Spear Master.

"Churi-sama focus!" Takamina scolded.

"So it looks like we are going to a party? I saw a pretty nice Kimonos being sold at the market, lets by some Ane." Hayato suggested.

"What could possibly go wrong?" Rainoric said.

 

---------------------------------------(Meanwhile near Eleutherius' Villa)----------------------

 

A woman carrying a black and red umbrella was taking a stroll at the mountainn. The umbrella was drenched in blood, but the woman didnt look like she gives a damn about it. The girl was biting her nails and was giggling like a child.

A patrol of mercenaries hired to secure the Villa and its surrounding moved up behind her.

"Oy! This is a Noble's property! Get out of my sight or we make ya." Said one of them.

The girl turned around to reveal her frontside, to the shock of the mercs. She was covered on her chest dried blood and guts and some sprinkles of Red Dust. A breath of death could be felt by the mercs as they pulled out their weapons.

"Oh! Gomensai keisatsu. I was being attacked by a group of bandits and I managed to escape. But sigh, I got some blood all over my beautiful body." The girl said that sounded like she had 2 voices in her. She gave a fake smile that did'nt fool the soldiers.

The girl suddenly blinked towards one of the soldiers and decapitated him with Red Dust scythe. The mercs fired their crossbows at her but like a Jedi she deflected them with her scythe. The girl began to start laughing as she hacked and slashed the mercs with no mercy. Spining around and jumping around she slew them with messy grace.

A survivor was left whose legs were chopped off. He dragged himself to get away from the murderous girl. But she went down on all fours and sadistically followed him like a tiger observing its wounded prey. The man gave up his fruitless attempt and laid down chest first ready to meet his faith. The girl crawled on top of the man and she grinned her bloodied and Red Dust drenched teeth.

"Dont worry my sweet meal.... Your boss sinned against us....I will send you to a better place......" She whispered like a demonic conscience while caressing his cheek seductively. The man could only shiver as the loss of blood became more and more draining.

The murderous girl noticed that her next meal will be spoilt soon if she did'nt feed on him now.

"Itadakimasu!" She smiled insanely as she bit the neck of the surviving merc. She out the blood of him while absorbing the Dust that was present in his body. After a few seconds of bloodsucking, she let go and began to inhale the Red Dust that was released by her latest kill. The Red Dust entered through and nose and she inhaled it heavily. It rejuvenated her and gave her nourishment again. She stood up to over look the Villa.

"Eleutherius... Eleutherius....Eleutherius..... I see you SIN......BETRAYAL....the most succulent of them all.....I will.....KILL....YOU....Ha ha ha." She laughed menacingly as she disappeared from the cliff to continue on her hunt....

 

(AFTER A TRIP TO EUROPE HERE YA GO LADS!!! )

*Baizan Islands: group of islands that has many tropical villages and plantations. Slavery is very rampant and their is an extinct volcano in the center of the main island. It is about hundred of nautical miles from the ports of Vanoran.

*schwahaden: Weak hand