The Friend (Present)

Heal Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Things changed as a rough 6 years went by. Kaeun had abruptly passed away in a car accident leaving her older sister and mother all alone since father had already departed the world long before either child had matured. They both had a rough time adjusting to their new situation so Lizzy accumulated symptoms of depression. She had help but never fully recovered. However, mom had gotten herself together and applied for many jobs in order to pay for her daughter's tuition. Meanwhile, Lizzy worked hard in recieving good grades for recognition in entering Seoul Institute of the Arts to pursue her dreams for an acting career. She gets accepted and is set to enroll in the summer. At that moment, money wasn't a big issue for the two as often as it was in the past, so mom looked for a place for Lizzy to stay in Seoul. Mom was planning to remain behind in the states to continue earning money for her and her one and only daughter.

 

~

 

Lizzy stood in front of the glass display, staring blankly at the dress store that she remembered Kaeun loved. 'Kaeun-ah, they don't have that dress you wanted anymore. Unnie should've gotten it for you, right?' She thought to herself sadly. It was Christmas Eve late at night. The city was alive as snow fell gracefully upon the cold icy ground. The streets were lightly crowded with people rushing to buy gifts for their friends and family, but even with this loud reality occuring around her, everything seemed to have come to a complete stop in Lizzy's mind. Just until someone accidentally bumps into her, of course. Lizzy falls down and comes to her senses.

"Excuse you!" The stranger shouted harshly. Before Lizzy got a chance to respond, he jolts into the store to make a quick purchase.

"Hey, are you alright?" She heard someone speak gently as a hand reached down to help her up. Lizzy looked up and softened her gaze towards the caring face. She grabbed the girl's hand and tried to get up, but unfortunately slipped and fell back down again.

"Geez!" Lizzy says as she covers up her embarassed visage with gloved hands. She heard the girl giggle a bit before crouching down to help her up again. Lizzy brushed off the snowflakes to avoid eye contact with the adorable stranger.

"You okay? Are you hurt?" The girl asks, genuinely worried.

"Y-yeah, it didn't hurt. I was just stunned from falling twice in a row in one night." Lizzy replies frankly while scratching the back of her head and smiling. The girl gives off a charming laugh before realizing that she had still been grappling onto Lizzy's arm. She pulls away, flustered at how comfortable she felt. Thankfully it was cold enough for them to have an excuse and mask their red faces.

"S-sorry. U-um.. I happened to see you staring into this store intently. Are you going to buy a gift for someone?" The girl asks to quickly swaps the subject but mentally slaps herself for n

Please log in to read the full chapter