The Feelings (Present)

Heal Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinah woke up and adjusted her eyes at the ceiling while laying there motionlessly. She felt groggy after what happened last night. Everything was still so vivid as it all flashed through her head.

 

Flashback

After Jinah's last class ended that evening, she exuberantly texted a reminder for her best friend, Raina, to not forget about their dinner arrangements that night. It was there thing every now and then to meet and catch up. Raina moved to Busan after junior high, so they couldn't meet up at all. Instead, they kept in contact by calling and texting for a couple years. Then up to a certain age, Raina was able to go out and meet Jinah whenever she had time. So, because there was no way of telling what would happen in the future, every meet-up was important to both of them. Unfortunately, it went waste for this one night.

Jinah came back to her dorm room to wash up before meeting with Raina at the train station when she suddenly received a text from her good friend, Nicole.

'Jinah! Come to the cafe across campus, right now! Your boyfriend is with another girl!'

Her eyes widened. She dropped her phone and didn't even bother locking the door as she rushed out and sped down the corridor in a bathrobe, without any shoes on.

As soon as she passed the campus gate, she successfully maneuvered across the busy four-way street. Despite setting off numerous car horns, she managed to block it all out as she barged into the cafe in her bare feet. He was standing right within her view, one arm s around some girl's waist. Jinah couldn't recognize him. She didn't. Even his hairstyle was different. Everything was in slow motion as she stood there breathing heavily and feeling faint.

"Ji-Jinah." He stammered with a startled expression on his face. His arm escaped the girl's waist as he tried to reach out towards the one that's hurting. "L-let me explain."

Nicole stepped in, smacking his hand away. "There is absolutely nothing to explain! How could you do this to her?" She asked, clenching her teeth and tightening her fists. Nicole had decided to suppress her emotions as she took Jinah's hand in hers, escorting her out the cafe.

"Jinah! Wait!" He shouted after her, nettling Nicole to another level.

"Don't even say her name." She said glaring at him, sending shivers down his spine.

The girls proceeded in walking side-by-side across the street and back to the dorm in silence.

 

~

 

"You should go back to your dorm and sleep." Jinah says softly, entering her room without looking back.

"I'm sorry Jinah. I shouldn't have gotten you to come. It could've gone better than that." Nicole looked down apologetically, lingering by the doorway.

"No. I actually appreciate it." Jinah turned around and forced a smile. "Please... I'll be fine." She continued with a reassuring expression.

"I'll let you be then... see you tomorrow." Nicole answered regretfully. Though Nicole knew very well that Jinah cherishes her pride, she can't help but feel disappointed that Jinah couldn't let go of it right now. She simply wanted Jinah to have her shoulder to cry on. 

After shutting the door, Nicole placed her hand on it and shut her eyes in discomfort. Listening to Jinah's heartfelt sobbing but not having the courage or confidence to do anything about it, killed her. 'Why must you go through everything hard on you own? Im Jinah.' She thought as she began dragging herself away in hopes that things will be better for the girl, tomorrow.

End Flashback

 

Nana's POV

I laid there thinking about last night over and over as if it was a broken record. All of a sudden, it struck me that I had totally forgotten about Raina after literally crying myself to sleep...

I rolled off my bed and retrieved my poor cell phone that was laying on the floor all night. As expected, I had dozens of missed calls and messages from Raina.

She's probably back home by now so I called her.

"YAAAAAAH~ IM JINAH! You! Do you know how worried I was? Where were you? I was waiting!" She shrieked, destroying my ears. Should've seen that coming.

"Shhhhhhh, not so loud! Do you want to make me death?!" I shot back at her.

"You obviously deserve it. Now answer me, what happened?" She asked, switching to a concerning voice. She knows that there had to be a really good reason for me to forget all about her since I've never done it once before.

".... He... cheated on me.." Hearing myself say it aloud had me feeling all choked up again.

Raina paused before mumbling something. "I told you so."

I couldn't argue with her. Raina had warned me about him and how she used to always hear his name floating around during middle school. He's just a player. The answer was always in front of me, yet I just chose to believe his words like a fool. I am oblivious.

"Look, all you did was love him, so don't go start blaming yourself. That'll be like letting him win. When you're in love with someone, it's a given to wanna trust them.Unnie understands everything, alright?" She says lifting the weight off my shoulders and supplying me with strength. We continued talking about other things until I heard a knock on my door.

"Raina I gotta go. Thanks for cheering me up and sorry again for missing out last night." I bid her a farewell, hung up, and made my way to the door.

"Jinah, are you in there? I need to talk to you."

My body froze before opening it. It was him. What was he doing here? How did he even get into the girl's dorm in the first place? My mind was boggling with these kinds of questions as my hand rested on the door knob.

"Leave, now. I'

Please log in to read the full chapter