The Jealousy

Heal Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Naeun's POV

I was interrupted during my homework session by a text message from Lizzy unnie.

'How are you doing, Naeun-ah?'

The butterflies began to dance in my tummy from recieving this simple greeting. I dropped my pencil getting ready to answer, but my hand stopped as the phone rang. It was Lizzy's mom calling.

I picked up. "Hello? Lizzy unnie's mom?"

"Hello Naeun-ah, aigoo~ I told you to just call me mom. Anyway, I wanted to ask if you're in need of school supplies. I was rummaging through an old closet and found Kaeun's bag. There's a new notebook in here and some pens." She describes of the contents inside. Meanwhle, I was checking to see if I even had a notebook. I didn't.

"I.. actually could probably use some paper.. uh, but is it alright for me to use.. her things?" I asked carefully. Lizzy unnie never talked about Kaeun with me. I only knew that Kaeun was her little sister who got into an accident long ago. I wondered if it would make her mad if I was using Kaeun's stuff without her knowledge.

"It's more than alright, darling. Drop by and pick it up tomorrow." She replied lovingly.

"Thank you!... er.. mom." I said awkwardly. She hummed her goodbye in high spirits before hanging up.

I layed on my bed comtemplating on telling Lizzy since I actually had something to say now. Deciding to do so, I texted her.

'Hi unnie, I'm doing well. I have something to ask you.'

It took about fifteen minutes until her reply came.

'That's a relief :) and what is it?'

I grinned at the message.

'You see... I kind of needed a notebook and your mom offered me a brand new one that she found in your sister's bag. Would it be okay if I accepted it?'

My heart was pounding with expectations for her next reply. It was probably ridiculous of me for making it seem like I was about to commit a crime.

'Of course you can! You don't need my permission, you pabo. Just don't let it go to waste :D'

My body was all jittery from the heart racing suspense that I had created, all on my own. I started jumping up and down on my bed, releasing all those emotions out before sending my response.

'Thank you, thank you, thank you unnie! I'll use it well!! :)))'

'Great :) I'm heading to class now so I'll call you soon, alright?' She sends me.

I gave her an 'okay' and layed back down upon my bed. I was just overwhelmed with the joy of knowing that she isn't uncomfortable. I've never seen Lizzy unnie frustrated or angry before, but I wasn't even the slightest bit curious. I always wanted to make unnie happy. I miss her...

The night flew by as I drifted off into a deep sleep, forgetting all about my homework.

 

~

 

Narrator's POV

Lizzy went off to look for her theatre class. She enters the auditorium with her schedule in hand and quickly takes notice to a student, improvising on the stage.

"Great as always, Nicole." The teacher compliments the short-haired girl after finishing the skit.

Not bad. Lizzy thought before making her way towards the teacher to introduce herself.

"Hey there, I'm Park Lizzy. Your transfer student."

"Ah~ that's right, I was told to keep my guard up for a new student! I'm Mrs. Im, nice to meet you! I'll be looking forward to see what you've got." She says cheerfully.

Someone barged into the double doors at that moment.

"Mom! Sorry that I'm late again. Totally lost track of time!" She excused herself while approaching the two. "Oh- foot washer? What are you doing here?"

Lizzy narrowed her eyes at Jinah before lifting up her schedule without a word.

"Hey, foot washer.. you have creative writing with me too." She points out playfully.

"Forgot my name already?" Lizzy snapped, sparking chuckles from the older girl.

"Jinah, play nice. You two should get along, being classmates." Mrs. Im said wisely.

"Yeah, we should." Jinah agreed while using her aegyo and linking her arm up with Lizzy's, causing the latter to roll her eyes before smiling forgivingly.

Standing afar and watching them was none other than Nicole. With the incident that had occured last night she expected Jinah to not even show up to class, however she did.. and she looked completely fine. More than fine, to be exact. The last time she saw Jinah using aegyo was.... half-past-never. Therefore, Nicole was certainly curious about this 'Park Lizzy.'

Whispers began circulating around her peers. "Who is she?".. "I don't know, but don't they look good together?"

Nicole's jealousy was being kindled, but no one knew about it. Not even her.

 

~

 

Lizzy's POV

I didn't know what Jinah was pulling, but I couldn't help but crack up at her silliness.

"Alright you two. Jinah, I'd like you to go over some of the basic skills we've learned this year with your friend." Mrs. Im ordered.

"How bout I act out my lines? I can teach her the basics on our own time." She answered her mother.

"When would you even have time for that, Jinah?" Mrs. Im huffed.

"Foot washer's my roommate." Jinah brought up habitually before earning a pinch from me.

"Is that so? In that case, go ahead with your part sweetie."

Receiving permission, Jinah detached herself from my arm and made her way onto the stage. In the spotlight, she was.. glowing. I completely tuned out on what she was saying. All I could see was this tall girl in her little white dress, gracing the stage ever so slightly. For the first time, our eyes met. For first time, I felt something very... unfamiliar.

Thump.. thump.. thump..

Was I.. about to have a heart attack? If that is the case, then why do I feel all warm and fuzzy?

My thoughts were interrupted by a bell.

Class was over. I lost track of time just by looking at Jinah. She was heading towards me when someone appeared before her. It was that sho

Please log in to read the full chapter