The Frustration

Heal Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV

Jooyeon opened her eyes to the light shining through her window. She squirmed around until noticing that she was half underneath the fleece blanket. She could hardly recall the night before, but got the gist of it. While wrapping herself with the covers, she suddenly had an urge to checking her room to see if Uee was still present. She made her way to the door, praying to see her love before opening it. Her eyes were welcomed by a sleeping beauty, resting upon the cloud of white sheets. Jooyeon approaches the bed and Uee's cheek gently while smiling in deep thought. With that, the girl leaves to pour herself a glass of water before showering.

 

~

 

Meanwhile, Lizzy and Jinah head out for breakfast to start off the day.

"When can you help me for theatre? Your mom keeps bringing that up with me." Lizzy asked before filling with pancakes.

"Hm.. we could go over some skills today. I'll ask mom if we could use the stage." Jinah responds, watching her crush eat deliciously.

Lizzy notices this, and then gestures at the girl's food to start eating.

Just then, someone in particular invades. "Hey Jinah~ how're you doing?" Nicole asks, not even taking a second before sitting down beside the tallest girl.

Lizzy puts her fork down and swallows her bite to prepare a greeting.

"Oh hey Nicole, I'm doing great." Jinah replies while slicing her pancakes.

Nicole nods her head, admiring the beauty before facing Lizzy. "Hi, I'm Nicole." She plainly greets the short-haired blonde, sitting across from her.

"I'm Lizzy, nice to meet you." The youngest bowed timidly. She must be close with Jinah. Lizzy thought.

"I know, you're the new one in theatre with us." Nicole remarked.

Jinah wasn't hearing a word they were saying. Instead, she had a sudden idea. "Hey Nicole, lets get you something to eat. I'll come with you." She offered.

"O-okay, sounds perfect." Nicole blushes lightly before discreetly shooting Lizzy a fierce glare and heading over to order something. The young girl was shocked at Nicole's strange behavior. Does.. Nicole not like me?

Jinah quickly makes a move, sliding her plate over to Lizzy's side and giving her a wink before following Nicole. Now, the young girl was flustered. Does.. Jinah like me?

Taking their seats, Nicole notices Jinah magically ending up right next to Lizzy. The two shared eyes smiles in their own world before resuming the meal with Nicole in the background.

I'm not letting you take Jinah away from me. She thought, strangling her utensils.

While heading back to campus together, Nicole links up to Jinah's right arm and tries to bring up a conversation until Lizzy interrupts. The youngest one snakes her hand down Jinah's left arm before interlacing their fingers together. Jinah tenses up at her crush's cold but gentle touch. Immediately, her cheeks began turning bright pink due to the intimate action. She was frozen.

Nicole saw it all.. and she disliked every bit of it. She mostly hated the preconceived idea that Lizzy was just playing around with Jinah's feelings. It drove her mad.

 

~

 

During their first class, Jinah got permission from her mother to use the auditorium for that evening. She was over excited to be getting on stage with Lizzy. Just thinking about it gives her butterflies. To Jinah, it felt like the day would just never end. On the other hand, Lizzy was overwhelmed with the worry of tripping in front of the older girl. Regardless, she was also ecstatic.

Outside of their fluff bubble was Nicole. She couldn't take the frustration anymore and made a decision to put an end to it.. but how? It was simple. She was planning to get rid of Park Lizzy, once and for all.

After creative writing, the two girls packed their things and made way towards the auditorium.

"I don't understand Teacher Cha sometimes. Explain to me why we have to write ten pages on our favorite animal?" The younger one whined.

"Because, it's a warm up. If you can stretch ten pages about one animal, than you're ready to write about anything." Jinah giggled.

"Not reasonable. For example, how can a capybara fill up ten-"

"Jinah! Ms. Kahi's looking for you, she needs to speak right now." Nicole interrupts abruptly after tailing them far enough.

"Is it that urgent?"

"It seems so, she even got me to look for you." She replied, masked in a worried expression.

"Okay. Here Lizzy, take this and go on ahead without me, I'll meet you after I'm done." Jinah hands Lizzy the theatre key before scurrying off.

The latter furrowed her eye brows in slight worry before continuing her way to the auditorium with a sly Nicole following her from behind.

 

~

 

Nana's POV

I was slowly, but surely approaching the principal's office. If I wanna have more time with Lizzy, then I had to make this fast. I wasn't even the slightest bit curious about what she had to tell me that seems so important. On my way, I bumped into a familiar figure.

"J-Jinah? Be careful! What's the hurry?" He questioned, assisting me in standing straight. Why is this school so dang tiny?!

In a flash, I swiped his hands off of me and shot him a glare before refocusing on the main objective.

He grabbed a hold of my arm firmly. "Jinah... will you listen to what I have to say?"

"Wasn't that my choice to make in the first place? Thanks, but no thanks. Now let go, I need to see Ms. Park right away." I responded in an irritated tone, shaking him off relentlessly.

"Ms. Park isn't here, didn't you hear? She's badly ill."

"...H-huh?"

"She was admitted into a hospital this morning. There's still no word about her condition yet." He explained.

I must have gotten lost in my distractions because I'm just hearing about this now. Wait a minute.. if Ms. Park is ill then why did Nicole tell me that she had to see me? Something's not right.

"Jinah? Are you okay?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and actually looked into his eyes. They were filled with genuine worry. It made me feel slightly bad. He looked.. like a mess.

"I'm okay. Don't... worry. Look.. lets talk, but not now. It'll have to be another time." I stated.

"R-really? Okay, I c

Please log in to read the full chapter