The Girl (Present)

Heal Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lizzy's POV

I exited the gate and made my way out of the airport. Assuming that mom and Naeun would be sleeping right now, I made a mental note to call them both tonight since it would be daytime in the states. For now, I loaded my things into the taxi I picked up and took off to where mom was paying for my rent currently. It was a decent looking building beside a cafe and some convenient stores. I entered and received my key for where I'll be residing in. 'Room 216'. I searched for it after taking the elevator up to the second floor, but for some odd reason the door after '215' said '219'. Am I seeing things? I rubbed my eyes several times, not even trying to inspect anything.

"It is 216, you're not crazy." Someone startled me.

"H-huh?" I stuttered pathetically as she approached the door to shift the '9' back up to a '6.'

"I'm '219,' and the name's Lee Jooyeon. Pleased to meet you." She graced a smile towards me, holding her hand out. I felt like an idiot.

"Lizzy Park. The feeling's mutual. I probably would've taken a while trying to understand this predicament." I blushed earning a chuckle from the pretty girl.

"You're lucky I was around to help out then. Wanna grab a cup of coffee? I was just about to head out. We might as well get close if we're gonna be neighbors." She states.

I nodded and entered my room with my backpack and two suitcases. "Sure, uh.. would you mind waiting? I just need to wash up and get into something new." 

"Nah, take your time. Need help with anything? I'll help you unpack if you don't mind of course.. cause you did just meet me." She offered giggling. This chick is awfully helpful. If it were anybody else, I probably would've kicked them out. However, Jooyeon seems weirdly trustworthy.

"Actually I wouldn't mind some help. This place is already furnished so you could just unload that one there." I responded pointing towards the suitcase full of sentimental items. She went straight to it as I approached bathroom with a towel and a change of clothes to wash up while wondering if I had just invited a serial killer or robber into new home.

 

~

 

Jooyeon's POV

I ped the luggage and opened it, setting the top down carefully just in case anything inside is breakable. Right away I noticed three picture frames with two different girls in each one with her. The third picture frame must be her mother. Ah, then these must be her sisters. I picked them all up and set them up nicely in one corner of the desk beside the window. Next there was a box within the luggage. Opening it up, there was a small plant that was well-watered and established in a yellow pot filled with dirt. I took that out and set it in the another corner of the desk. Then there was only a laptop, stationary items, some notebooks, and a few novels left in the one luggage. Everything to fill up a desk. The other suitcase must be full of her clothing. I wonder what was in the regular backpack though. My curiosity got the best of me as I approached it, slowly zipping it open to see what's inside with great expectancy. However, it was empty. Just then the bathroom door swung open.

"What are ya up to?" She asks, lifting a brow up, curious of what I had to say. She was drying up her short blond hair with a towel while leaning on the door frame in a white tee, semi-tucked into a pair of ripped skinny jeans.

I blinked a couple times before replying. "U-uh I-I wasn't, you see I-"

I stammered before getting cut off by her teasing laughs. "Calm down! I'm not mad. Could've just asked me if you wanted to see what was in it. I'm just relieved that you weren't a serial killer or robber." She says chuckling jokingly.

"You scared me... but anyways, are you ready to go?" I urged, wanting to head out before it gets too dark out.

"Yep, and wahh~ you did such a nice job setting everything up for me, er... unnie? Thank you!" She replies giving me a bow suddenly.

"Yah, how would you know if I'm the unnie? Do I look old to you?" I responded, irratated from her 'too' formal bow.

"I'm a 92-er." She said crossing her arms, confident the victory of her youth.

"87.." I mumbled hoping she wouldn't hear a thing before running out the door.

"Hey, wait for me!!!" I heard her shout from within the somewhat vacant room.

 

~

 

We left the building together and strolled along the sidewalk towards the cafe. The sun was on it's way down already however we stuck with our plans to get coffee. Oh, us geniuses.

"So what's with all the school supplies I saw earlier? You studying or something?" I asked, taking a sip of my iced coffee.

"Yeah, I got accepted into Seoul Arts. Had to delay my capability of entering right away because of something.. personal. But now is all that matters." She answered drinking her coffee while gazing out the window. It made me curious. Just what did I trigger within her?

"Oh I see, you're right. I don't even consider you being late. What are you looking to major in?"

"Acting, I considered it all the time throughout high school but once I graduated, I realized that I never really had anything else in mind that I would like to do." She finished as I nodded my head, listening quietly. "Unnie, what did you major in?" She asked in turn.

"Fashion design." I replied shortly giving her a smile before continuing. "I've opened up a small business for a little while now. It's going smoothly so far."

"That's nice to hear, I'm sure it'll blow up soon unnie!" She said gesturing cutely towards me with two thumbs up, causing me to let out a couple giggles.

"Oh hey, this place has some great pastry. Let me go order some for us, you're probably starving by now!" I made an assumption as she agreed with it. I order a ton of different types of flavored bread so that she could take some home to enjoy.

"Here you are, try it." I said, not really giving her much of a choice by holding a piece of bread up to as she took a bite soon after shooting me a glimpse of the embarrassment she was feeling.

"So? What does it taste like?" I asked to test her knowledge of the flawless, tasteful breads.

"Um. It tastes like bread." She says plainly after swallowing it.

"What flavor does it taste like, I meant." I asked some more.

"Uh... it sure does.. tastes like bread!" She replied causiously. What? Does she not notice the cinnamon flavor? I grabbed the banana bread this time and shoved it in before I could hear her protest.

"What about that one?" I asked urgently as she held one index finger up while trying to gulp the banana bread down.

"It just tastes normal, okay. It's good."

I almost fell back in my chair. How could flavored bread just 'taste normal?' Perhaps I just love bread a little too much? Or a lot.. oh well. I shrugged it off and got a to-go box for her bring the pastries home.

 

~

 

"So when's your first day of college?" I asked her as we slowly walked back to our building. The sun had gone down and the sky was turning into a darker shade of blue.

"Tomor

Please log in to read the full chapter