VII: Too Early

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“See, I told you we shouldn’t be here early.”

“Hey, I didn’t know. Don’t blame it on me.”

“Sica, I’m not blaming you, but you’re usually the brains in this relationship.”

“Oh, so you’re calling me stupid now, is that what you mean you kkab?”

Hyoyeon had enough of the two girls bickering in front of her, so she decided to end it once and for all. “Will you guys just please, SHUT UP?”

Jessica and Yuri stopped their argument almost immediately when they heard Hyoyeon scold them for their ‘erratically childish’ behavior. Hyoyeon glared at them for a moment and sighed, a warm smile replacing the frown on her lips. “That’s better.”

Yuri rolled her eyes. “At least I wasn’t the one who started it.”

Jessica turned her head towards her girlfriend and furrowed her eyes. Her fist flew at Yuri’s arm, causing the letter to jolt and yelp in pain. Yuri looked back at Jessica as if she had gone total bonkers, which the proclaimed ‘ice princess’ shrugged in response. “Don’t you start fighting with me, Kwon.”

Yuri sighed defeatingly. “Sometimes I wonder why am I even dating the most compliacted girl to be in a relationship with.”

Jessica smirked, kissing Yuri’s cheek before patting her head. “Don’t forget that I’m also amazing in bed.”

Yuri thought about it for a moment before nodding in agreement. “Yeah, I guess that’s why I dated you in the first place.”

Hyoyeon looked at them weirdly. “Guys. I’m right here.”

Yuri turned to Hyoyeon and gasped in surprise. “Oh, . Hyoyeon? I didn’t know you were here!”

“Oh my God, same! I didn’t see you coming in here!” Jessica joined Yuri in the fun. “How are you, by the way?”

Hyoyeon blinked. “To be very honest? Confused and amused.” If there was something that prevented Hyoyeon’s irritation towards the couple, it’s their undeniable chemistry. Something that Hyoyeon needs to have in a relationship is the instant connection with the other half, a knot that tightens around the bond; both Yuri and Jessica have this important factor and that’s why even though they are polar oppposites in terms of personality, they mix-and-match very well together.

Kind of like peanut butter and jelly. Yeah, I think that’s the correct term.

Yuri and Jessica continued talking to each other, whereas Hyoyeon silently watched in bemusement. This went on for awhile. A waiter placed their drinks on the table followed by the three girls thanking him in advance. A chocolate shake for Yuri, iced lemongrass tea for Jessica and a regular coke for Hyoyeon. She could’ve ordered something less carbonated and more healthy, but to hell with that. Hyoyeon is an independent woman who can do whatever she please and not give a single damn about the fallout, no matter how bad it is. Especially diabetes; another cause to be put in her list of ‘Things That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter