III: Ink

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soo, sit your down and order something. We know how hungry you are,” Taeyeon said, her smirk never leaving her face as she watched how uncomfortable Sunny was right now.

Sunny glared back at the girl, silently watching her girlfriend sit down. By now, she could get a good look at her attire; a grey hoodie accompanied with black sweatpants. Sooyoung’s short hair was concealed under a red snapback. From Sunny’s point of view, it looked like the tall girl didn’t care about her choice of clothing.

That, and she noticed how tired Sooyoung looked.

“Nah, I’m good. Though I could use some tea right now,” Sooyoung said, raising her hand to call the nearest waiter. “Hi, can I have one hot tea, please?”

Once the waiter took the girl’s order, the tree girls excluding Sunny started chatting about whatever that’s in their mind. It wasn’t she didn’t want to talk, but more of how. Her girlfriend, who she was still upset about a ‘certain’ incident, was sitting right in front of her as if nothing happened between them. Yes, she’s being overly dramatic right now but it was already awkward. For her, at least.

Sunny looked down and kept mum as she tried not to get into the conversation, pretending to play with her phone even though all she did was scroll through her playlist of songs and type unreadable words in her message box to give off the illusion of her texting sombody. And yes, Sunny knew how awkward and uncomfortable she was.

Sunny sighed and locked her phone. You know what, it. “Hey guys, I have to go.”

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at her girlfriend. “And where do you think you’re going?”

Sunny rolled her eyes, sliding her purse onto her shoulder. “That’s none of your business.”

Taeyeon whistled as she watched the scene unravel in amusement. “Get wreck, Soo.”

Sooyoung chuckled, slightly pushing Taeyeon on the shoulder and stood up from the table. She took out her wallet and placed some money on the table. “You guys can have my tea, I’ll probably should take Sunny out.”

“Um no, you’re not. You’re not taking me out anywhere since I got some things to do,” Sunny said, stepping closer to Sooyoung with intimidating eyes. The other girl smiled.

“And no, ma’am you don’t. You’re simply lying and want to get the hell away from my existence because right now, you couldn’t face your own girlfriend because of the fight we had weeks ago,” Sooyoung stepping aside so that Sunny could walk past. “My car’s with me. I could drive you to whatever place you wanna go right now.”

Sunny couldn’t stop her cheeks burning up from embarassment, looking at the tall girl with a deadly glare. She walked past Sooyoung as she muttered a silent, “ you.”

Sooyoung turned to the two friends sitting at the table, shrugging her soulders. “I’d myself, too,” she said, and ran off following Sunny from behind.

Taeyeon shook her head as she looked at Hyoyeon. “By far the most complex couple I’ve ever known behind Jessica and Yuri.”

“Ditto on that,” Hyoyeon agreed, reaching for her glass of diet coke and raised it up high. “Cheers. For me being single.”

Taeyeon laughed, sharing a toast with her friend. “Cheers.”

-

Sooyoung closed the door of her car with a sigh. Drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, she glanced at Sunny. “So, where do you wanna go?”

Sunny didn’t feel like talking, not when she was supposed to be mad at Sooyoung. “Anywhere but here.”

Sooyoung simply nodded and started the car’s engine. Driving out of the parking space and into the main road, the two girls stayed silent for first half of the journey. Sunny didn’t know where they were going, but then again, she never knew where to go in the first place. Not when Sooyoung was driving them to who-knows-what-place, she didn’t want to say anything rude.

The tall girl has been nothing but respectful towards Sunny ever since their argument. Occasional texts came here and there, but none that would set the girl off. Whenever the shorter girl needed some space, Sooyoung was always the one who will obey the girl’s wishes no matter how silly they were. Thinking of this now made Sunny rethink about the whole situation; has she been too dramatic about it? Was she also too harsh towards her girlfriend?

Sunny glanced at Sooyoung who’s busy paying attention to the road, and can’t help but sigh. She does look tired. The bags under her eyes were visible, and her physical state seem to differ than her usual cheery-yet-obnoxious behavior. Geez, Soo, what th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter