IV: True Love

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon sighed exhaustingly as she locked the front door of her apartment and took off her jacket, putting it on the coat hanger next to her. “And that’s the thing, I don’t know if they’re on sale or not. The last time I checked was about a week ago.”

“About a week ago~” Hyoyeon heard Taeyeon over the phone starting to rap a certain song that’s been overplayed (and parodied) all over the internet. She rolled her eyes and easily taking off her shoes, dragging her feet to the living room. “ with us and then we tweakin, ho!”

“Dude, can you not? Like really, can you just not?” Hyoyeon groaned, falling down onto the most comfortable couch in the world. Switching her phone from her left ear to the right, she prayed that the call would end soon because the couch was so damn comfy and all she wanted to do was sleep.

“What? You’re the one who said the fatal words,” Taeyeon chuckled. “Anyways, you just got home right?”

Hyoyeon hummed in response. “Mhmm.”

“Alright, I should go. Gotta go do some important ,” Taeyeon said, yawning. “And by ‘important ’, I mean have a Netflix marathon while eating a humongous pile of snacks and drinks and not caring if I get fat because that’s impossible.”

Hyoyeon scoffed. “Tiffany will be pissed if she knows.”

“And that’s why I’m not telling her. That includes you, buddy,” Taeyeon said. “Alright, I’ll call you later when I miss you. Buh bye!”

Once the call ended, Hyoyeon looked at her phone and smiled at how much of a dork her best friend was. She doesn’t get why would Tiffany even want to date the short girl, but love does work in mysterious ways and she doesn’t complain about it. It’s actually great to see Taeyeon being happy with someone who could make her feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

So much different than what Hyoyeon was feeling.

Setting her phone on her stomach, she let her arms lay lifelessly near her head and took notice of the silence surrounding her apartment. Quiet but peaceful; not like her head that seems to be in midst of a hurricane. She was exhausted, lazy to even stand up but she’s also hungry. The kitchen was at least a few feet away, so it wouldn’t break her legs even a bit to just simply walk over there.

But damn, I’m just so ing lazy.

Hyoyeon took a deep breath and sighed, making up her mind and eventually decided to get up in order to fulfill what her stomach demanded. Sitting up too quickly, she didn’t realize that her phone was still lying on her tummy and heard the device hitting the floor. “Oh, .” Hyoyeon thanked herself for placing a carpet underneath a couple of months ago.

Walking into the open kitchen, she went straight to the refrigerator and checked to see if there were any leftovers inside. Her eyes darted to different containers with different kinds of food, trying to make up her mind and pick one out of many. “Let’s see, nope... Not that... not that either... that looks good- wait, that’s from two months ago. I really gotta clean out this thing... Ah, there you are.”

Pulling out a box of spaghetti from last night’s Pizza Hut takeout, she scooped the cold noodles out of the container and set it on an empty plate. Hyoyeon walked towards the microwave, opened it and place the plate inside before closing it again. Setting at the determined time and temperature, now all that’s left was for the girl to wait. Whistling a random tune as she headed to the set of small speakers near the kitchen counter, she plugged her phone to the USB drive and searched through her playlist of songs. Her thumb nearly pressed against the screen once she picked out a chosen song when she heard the doorbell r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter