Chapter 2

Stay

Chapter 2

Baekhyun's POV

Snow. White, pure and fluffy. Just like a cold feather that melts when it hits heat, it falls lightly and creates a random patterns within the air. I pull down the visor on my helmet and wipe my gloves on my jeans. “Kaja!” I heard Chanyeol yells as his bike roars louder and zooms by me. “Whooooooo!’ he yells as he’s standing on his bike and does some dangerous stun. “Come on dude! Hit it!” he said a distance from me. I flip my visor and turn to look at Chanmi. She’s sitting on the big rock under the acacia tree, watching us while listening music on her iPod but I know she must get bored with all of these. I still remember how I met her.

Walking through the school hallway after a school break sure doesn’t feel good. There are a lot new faces around too. There I see Chanyeol’s head popped in the crowd from a distance. Chanyeol’s height sure has a benefit. As I walked closer to Chanyeol I saw a girl beside her. The girl’s height only reaches Chanyeol’s chest. She is beautiful. The way the light hit her, her braided caramel chocolate hair seemed to glow. She had chocolate almond shaped eyes that seemed to smile. She also had high cheekbones which show off when she smiles. “Ya-yah! Stop fantasized bout my cousin,” Chanyeol snapped my thought. The girl beside him laugh and I could see how perfect and straight her teeth was. I smile shyly towards her. “By the way, Baekhyun meet my cousin, Park Chanmi, she followed her dad that is my uncle that got transferred here. Chanmi meet my buddy, Byun Baekhyun,” with that simple yet unplanned introduction we began to know more about each other.

I snap my visor back down and wheel around with some speed. I’m moving fast, pushing hard on the pedals. I love it when I’m riding because somehow the bike just feels like a part of me. I hit on something hard and there’s something wrong as I zooms on. The wheels pull to the right so I pull left, too hard. I’m gonna spill, maybe even backwards. I feel it coming, the loss of control, that idiot feeling. Damn, I hate giving Chanyeol something to show off about. I pull my arms up to break my fall, but they won’t move. They’re stuck. I keep on pulling them up, but I can’t . . . I can’t . . .

 

And then I woke up, staring at the white ceiling above me. I was here, it was real. I was in a hospital, paralyzed or whatever it is that the girl next door said.

I must have drifted off again, because the next thing I heard was someone talking. Man, I need to stop this random black out thing! “You awake?” a voice said. Taeyeon. The room is dark now. The sun has finally set down. She rolled her IV pole around the bed so I could see her. There was no chair beside so she just sat on the other bed that was there, pulling her knees up to her chest. She looked like she had been crying.

“Oh thank god you’re awake,’ she said, looking at my eyes. She was quiet for a moment, just looking down. “Do you know how long I’ve been here?” Silent filled the room. She laughed and said “I’m so desperate that I’m talking to with a potato!” I blinked twice. “Okay, you’re not a potato,” she said as if she could read my mind. She lay on her right side so that she could face me in the same time she tucks her robe carefully around her skinny legs.

“I’m just tired of being treated like a child you know?”

I blink yes.

“Let’s do something,” she said with a spark in her eyes. “We could sneak out to the TV room and watch some dramas. I’ve heard the nurses are talking about Pinocchio starring the handsome Lee Jongsuk! Man I’ve haven’t watch any dramas in ages,” she sound frustrated.

I blink yes but hold on isn’t Pinocchio has finished? How long is she here? Then I blink no also because I don’t like that Lee Jongsuk dude.

“Okay then. I will read to you. You like it when your mom did that,” how could Taeyeon know about that when I didn’t? Have I been unconscious that long? She opened the drawer beside my bed and took out a book out of it. Harry Potter. It looked like a copy of my book which I haven’t read that in years. I bet omma bring it here. When Taeyeon opened the book and started to read, I was surprised by how quickly I slipped into the story and forgot what’s going on. I liked her voice and her pale white face, her lips is red as she formed the words. As I watched move, I couldn’t help noticing how pretty her face is and I hardly hearing the words. Before I knew it, I was sleeping again.

 

It was dark when woke up. I didn’t know how much time had passed or even whether it was the same day. But something woke me up. Someone was crying. Taeyeon, in her room? But it was closer than that and I could see that the door to my room now was closed. Who is crying? It felt like a dream. A dream I had had before. That’s when I saw a little girl feet beside my bed by the drawer. She is sniffling and sobbing. Who is she? I tried to clear my throat but I know that no one could hear me. The next thing I know is the room is bright and I could see a shadow.

“Your mom is not able to come here after work tonight and she wants me to inform you that,” It was the nurse shadow. She smile and drop some liquid into my eyes. “All right handsome, you have yourself a good day,” she said after hanging my chart on the foot of the bed and leaves.

Staring at the white ceiling and I noticed there’s a little crack there. I start to think. How is school? How is Chanyeol? Chanmi?  Did they visit me? Suddenly someone leaned over me. “Boo!” Taeyeon try to surprise me which she doesn’t. She was holding my Harry Potter in her hands as she pulled over a chair. “More Potter this evening I presume?” I blink yes. She read a chapter and I was proud to stay awake through the whole thing but my mind was somewhere else in between her reading. I thought about my dream from the night before. The girl. Who is she?

When she looked down at my face, I knew was checking to see if I’m still awake. So I blink once. Yes, I’m awake. “You’re doing better,” she said in amusement as her eyes opened wider. “I can tell. That’s good,” she got quiet for a second and just looks out at the window. It’s already dark outside there. “I need a friend,” she finally said. “I know that’s sounds weird, but . .. I just don’t have anyone to talk to. And I probably shouldn’t even tell you this,” Taeyeon started to say. Then she meets my eyes and craves a smile.

"But if I don’t tell you, who will I tell?”

 


Just to let you know, I’m not the type who update my stories very often cause I need time to think and I’m a student so umm. . . yeah~

4/7/15