Chapter 4

Stay

Chapter 4

Baekhyun’s POV

The footsteps that we heard in the hall didn’t belong to Mrs Han the nurse. If it was the nurses’ footsteps I should have known because you could never listen to their footstep with their soft shoes that they always wear. In the doorway I saw someone’s shadow. Someone familiar.

Chanmi.                    

She looks so beautiful. Her checks got red from the cold. She is wearing her black fluffy winter coat. She said it made her look fat and she only wear it when it is really cold. I didn’t realise how much I miss everything about her. Even the stuff that I always about: her weird accent, the small mole on her nose, the weird genre music she tune in. She stood in the doorway for a moment looking at me. She looks so serious and all I want to see is her smile, so I blink to let her know that I’m awake. She walks in and sits on the chair next to the bed. “Hi,” she said quietly looking down.

Oh . No eye contact.  It feels just like Déjà vu.

This is bad. The last time when she avoided eye contact with me is when we broke up, when that dickhead from her tuition ask her out. When she told me that she wants a break up, she was looking down at her shoes all the time and said that that guy is more romantic and does cheesy typical teenage love thing. God, I wanted to kill that guy so bad. Who the hell does something like that to someone’s girlfriend? An , that’s who. He deserved to get his fat kicked. Chamni warned me not to do anything to that jerk and she just wanted time to think.  To think who she deserved to be with. “To think.”

I walked home and played DOTA with Chanyeol for about 3 hours or maybe more than that. In silence. She then sent me a message through line that night but I deleted it before I even read it. I was over it.  I had been dumped. She broke my heart. That’s the first time my heart had been broken by a girl.

Looking at her now make my heart squeeze shut. How could she do this to me again, now while I’m like this? “So, umm, how are you?” she said awkwardly, still not looking at me. She clears and continues “Your mom wanted me to visit you. She said that you are doing better now,” she shallow. “Baekhyun-na,” at last she looks at my face, now I could see her beautiful chocolate eyes. Out of a sudden tears start to fall form her eyes, she immediately look down again and took out some tissue in her bag. “I’m so sorry that I hadn’t visited you but the truth is I can’t stop thinking about you. But . . .” she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “It’s just that this hospital. This place. I don’t know if I can handle any of this thing,” she buried her face in her hands  and cries quietly. I want to reach out to touch her face and give her a hug and tell her it’s okay. How I wish I’m not paralyzed, not in this hospital so that I could live my old life back. Seeing Chamni cry like that I guess there’s a lot thing has happened while I’m here. I had only been awake for a week or more appropriate, few days and here she is ready to dump me for the second time.

Chamni look up and examinate my face and I’m sure there’s something in her mind. She let out a sigh and said “Mianhe but I have to leave right now,” with that she rushed out from the room leaving me alone. All I want is to feel her. I miss the way she used to brush my hair aside and the way she intertwine her fingers in mine. I try to console myself that everything is alright. She didn’t say anything about breaking out. So there is still a chance.

After few minutes after Chamni leaves, mom is the next person who visited me. “Hey sweetie,” she lean over and kiss my forehead. “I heard you’re having a nightmare last night,” I blink yes and she seems to get it. Maybe Mrs Han is the one who tell her about this. “This Friday is a big day for you. We finally got you an appointment with Dr Jung. He is an expert in your type of injury and he is going to examine you. You know how hard it is to make an appointment with him is. I’m sure that he has good news for us,” I feel bad towards mom and dad. I bet they spent a lot of money for me.  “Since there’s plenty time before the visitors hour end, want me to read to you?” I blink yes even though I prefer Taeyeon read for me. She opened the drawer and took out Harry Potter and starts to read the last chapter where Taeyeon had left off. But to be honest, I was only half listening. My mind was somewhere. Thinking about Chanmi, this new doctor and trying to figure out how long had I been here.

“Mrs Byun sorry to bother you but the visitor hours had finish,” said a young nurse that I’ve never seen before. With that mom closed the book and placed it back into the drawer. “Remember in two days we’ll see Dr Jung and find out more,” she lean close and kiss my forehead and whisper “I love you” in my ear. She stared at my face for a moment and smiled then walked out the door.

I look at the doorway for so long, waiting for the nurse or Taeyeon to come. But unfortunately none of them coming. I lay there, staring hard at the ceiling on the top of me.

I guess I had a lot of visitors today huh?

 

 


 

Good news guys! I've just posted my new fanfic entittle Trapped. It's about . . . Oops no spoiling! I really hope that you would go check that story out eo?

 

19/7/15