Chapter 7

Stay

Chapter 7

Baekhyun’s POV

It’s snowing around me and I heard a girl scream “STOP IT PLEASE,” across me. She’s struggling pushing someone who is leaning over her. I want to help her but I can’t it is as if my legs are being tied together. I see the man pull his fist back to punch her and he did. I feel so sick watching him continuously punching the girl. The girl moans in pain and try to search for help. 

“LET ME GO!” she screamed which makes the man to punch her even hard. She’s not screaming now. She’s quiet. She collapse and I could see the man’s face has become worried. He tries to wake her up but it was useless as blood become to paint the floor beneath us.  Then he saw me standing couple meters away from them.

“I didn’t do that. I don’t do anything to her. She’s the one who force me to do so,” his voice is trembling as he is walking towards me and I can see the bloods on his hands. I’m speechless. I feel like a jerk for standing there like an idiot and for not defending that girl.

 

When I open my eyes, I saw Taeyeon is standing in front of the window and her face is exposed to the sun ray which makes her more beautiful. I guess she didn’t notice that I’m awake. I studied her face for a while. When the cool breeze blow her in the face, a string of hair falls and she didn’t bother to tuck it back instead she smile and I assume she’s thinking of something or perhaps someone.

She turns back and our eyes meet. “Eo? You’re awake! And guess what?  It’s Thursday!” she say while tucking her hair back to her ear. What’s so special on Thursday? “You know, it’s Friday tomorrow?” So? I raised a brow. “This Dr Jung dude is going to examine you? I can’t wait to listen what’s happening to you,” she said cheerily.

I feel myself soften as I watch her happy expression. But why is she being so happy. Is not her the doctor will examine it’s me. Now I’m curios. Why is she here? Is she sick or something?  Because she looks completely fine.

“You excited? Your mom has been building this up since you’re here. I heard that this Dr Jung being paid a lot too since he is a specialist,” Taeyeon undid her IV tube and push the pole to the side of the room. She curled up on the other bed.

“Well you know, you’re so lucky to have parents who care so much about you. My mom is here once a week, if I’m lucky. Because once her with her boyfriend she be out from Seoul for couple of months and if she’s being dump she will let out to me.  Last time she show up, I wouldn’t even look at her,” she stopped for a while. “Your mom is here is every day and if she hear that you had a bad night, she will be here before she goes to work,” she said as if it’s nothing while looking at her hand that she reach out.

“So no nightmares yesterday?” she asked. I blink yes. Then no.

 “Did you had one or not?” this time she’s sitting up on the bed. I let out a sigh and blink yes.

“Jjinja? I’m really curios what are you dreaming of,” she pause. “Is it about your accident?” she asked again. I blink no. If it was about my accident, there wouldn’t be strangers in them.  But one thing for sure, I know I’ve been that street before, seen what happens before.

“So you’re having dreams, I mean nightmares, about something else?”

I blinked yes.

Taeyeon jumps off the bed and pulled the drawer beside me, grabbing the whiteboard and marker. “Nah,” she slipped the marker in hand hands and held the whiteboard near me. How do I put this? I try hard to squeeze the marker and focus on what am I going to write. It’s really hard to write especially when you’re lying down and using a paralyzed hand. It takes me forever to write an alphabet.

“You need to be quick. Mrs Han is going to check you,” Taeyeon said. I gesture to Taeyeon, to let her know that I’m done. She stared at the whiteboard. I hope that she knows what am I writing because I sure have a bad handwriting.

“Nap? You’re dreaming you’re having a nap?” she asked. I motioned for the whiteboard and wrote another word. “ Peun? Nappeun? Nappeun saram!” she finally got it right. “But who?” I wish I know who is it.

Taeyeon glace at the clock and quickly put the whiteboard back into the drawer. “Crap, to be continued,” she said grabbing her IV pole.  As she went around my bed, she secretly kiss my check which makes my eyes to widen. She whispers something and I could feel her hot breath on my neck.

“I’m glad we’re friends again,”


 

Did you listen to ‘Lion Heart’? Gosh it’s really good and TaeNy is sooo puwetty(so does the others)! Can you please don’t be a ghostie reader? Do please give some comment so that it will motivates me to update often or else I won’t update at all.

23/08/15