Chapter 3

Stay

Chapter 3

Baehyun’s POV

I’m walking in a dusky sidewalk that I’ve never been before but I know this part of town. There’s a famous ttukbeokki restaurant here and SM building is across it. I look up at the window, all light are lit up. I could see shadows of 5 men dancing to a song. It’s one of SM’s famous boy groups, Shinee. I stared at them in amazed for a second. I like it how synchronized they are.  I then continued to walk down the street.  When I look up again, I found myself in an unknown place. I’m lost. There’s a burned down building as I turn my body around. I’m scared. Something is not right. I want to run. I hear someone in the bushes next to me. When I look, I see a couple. I can only see the man’s back. The girl is shouting DON’T TOUCH ME and the man is swearing , saying horrible words at her. I want to help her, but somehow my legs are tied together. Suddenly this guy is standing in front of me. I see blood on his hands and his knuckles are red like he’s been punching something or someone hard. Don’t touch me, I’m screaming. But my lips are shut and no words can formed through my lips. His bloody hand touches my face; I feel a rough finger on my cheek.

 

“You’re okay, it’s okay now.” The nurse had her hand on my forehead. It was the same nurse before. I guess she was assign to take care of me. She used a syringe to put something into my IV and I felt it cold in my veins. “There, that’s gonna help you calm down and rest, no more nightmare.” She said as she wipes the cold sweat on my forehead. She patted my hand and said “Sweet dreams now. Good night handsome,” she was out from the room before she switched out only one set of lights, leaving the other set on, which I grateful for and leaving the door ajar.

Its 1:45 in the morning and I just can’t go back to sleep. The little girl. The fierce looking man. There’s something wrong about this room. Or is it me? I still remember what Taeyeon had told me yesterday, about the patient in this room before.

“He was in coma. At first he had a lot of visitors, but then as days went on fewer people came to visit him even the doctors came less. Until it’s the first month he is here, no one had visited him. It made me really sad and really angry,” she swallowed. “Then one day, he was gone. Just like that. We woke up one morning and he was . . . the room was empty.” Taeyeon went on. “Something’s just not right about this whole thing. Sometimes at night, I get a funny feeling, about him. I mean this room used to be his room,”

I shake my head and try to forget those thoughts out of my mind. “You okay?” Taeyeon’s hot breath can be felt at my neck. How is she here? “I heard something happened,” she looked different. Her semi curled hair was down, long and dark around her face. It looked good. She touch my hand and I felt her warmth as her fingers travelled up my arm to rest on my shoulder then higher to my face. Her soft hand felt amazing and smell like baby lotion. I blinked and she smiled, her face was so close to mine. I felt my heart skip a beat. “I was worried but you’re okay now right? I’ll stay with you,” she my cheek and I couldn’t even tell her how good it felt that I wanted her to never stop. Did something happen between us?

 

Taeyeon was still there, sitting by the bed side when I opened my eyes and I noticed that she had changed out of her pajamas and had her hair in a ponytail. I liked her hair down better but she still looked good. “Ohayo~” she greet me a good morning in Japanese with a smile in her face. That smile. Man, I’m addicted to it that I never want her to stop smiling.  “How ya doing there?” she asked. I blink once. I’m fine. “That’s good! Well while you were Aurora the sleeping beauty, I had this idea,” this time she went on with a smirk on her face which makes me a little concerned. “You know, when we were trying to talk, it was really hard to umm, communicate. So I thought this would help?” She brought out a mini whiteboard along with its mini marker. “You know what this is right?” I blinked yes. Obviously I know what those are.  

“And I was thinking . . .” she put the thick black marker into my hand and closed my fingers around it with her cute expression where she sticks out her tongue. It instantly dropped onto the floor and the sound of the dropping echoed through the room. Taeyeon let out a grunt. “Well you have to hold it,” she scolded. She put the marker into my hand and closed my fingers around it again, squeezing it tightly. “Now hold it properly uh?” I sent a message to my hand to close on the marker but it was hard to feel whether I had it in my finger. Somehow the marker feel like a sausage. I tried my best to squeeze as tight as I could.

“YES!” Taeyeon cheered then looked at the door. “Oops. Yes I mean,” she whispers quietly this time. ”Now. . .  Hwaiting!” she held out the board next to my hand where I could see it. Suddenly the room got very quiet. That even everything sounds crystal clear. I focus on moving my hand the way I wanted to. Almost there.

“Annyeong?”  I was kinda impressed that she managed to read the words that I wrote which look more like a doddle. “Haha. Annyeong to you too,” she laugh plainly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Well, this changes everything, huh, stranger?” she sounds sarcastic this time. Light footsteps can be heard from the hallway which makes Taeyeon a little nervous. “Poop! I’m gonna get so much trouble with Mrs. Han!” she grabbed the marker and mini board from my lap and quickly placed it in the drawer. Before she was out from my room, she warned me with her index finger pointing at me and said,

“I was not here, arasso?!”

 


Heh…. I like the first paragraph of this chapter *shameless* In less than 10 weeks’ time I’ll be having a huge exam T.T heolll… If you want me to frequent update this story please comment on how you thought about this story. Jebal don’t be a ghostie reader T.T I need something/someone to motivate me yo! 

14/7/15