Chapter 5

Stay

Chapter 4

Taeyeon’s POV

Ughh! What a boring day! Well it is always been boring like this since I was admitted. The clock shows it is 6 in the evening and the sun is half above the sea. Through the thin wall, I can listen to Mrs Byun voice reads Harry Potter to Baekhyun.

Since Baekhyun has admitted here I am not alone anymore. I know that my present that always show up from nowhere annoyed him but something from him make me attracted to him. Or maybe it’s just him?

It was all quiet around me. Mom hasn’t been visiting me after 2 weeks. She is always busy with something. She is always like this. Even if I’m not in this up hospital, she is always out from home. Maybe because she is a famous designer and from what I have listened, she is having a huge opening of her new brand in Tokyo. I stared at the miniature daisies that mom bought the last she visited me and it reminds me of something, someone.

“Taegoon-na! Look what I found!” a sweet looking girl said cheerfully with an eyesmile in her face and a daisy in her hand.

All of the sudden, Tiffany’s voice lingers in my mind. I just missed hanging out with Tiffany, my best friend. But she has moved to America after couple months I’m in here. Whenever my mom is not around, she will always have a sleepover at my place. We will be dancing around crazily, singing to boy groups’ song top of our lungs and have pillow fight. I know this sound cliché as fork but that is the sweetest memories that I will cherish forever. Without any sign, tears starts to form in my eyes. The fact that my mom doesn’t care as much as Tiffany makes my tears flow heavily.

I wipe my tears as I heard high-heeled clicking on the floor and it’s coming this to direction. I thought it’s was mom but then I remembered she is having her grand opening. Who is that? I took a glance and I saw a familiar figure standing at the doorway.

It’s Tiffany. After a while did not see her, she looked more beautiful. She had a long hair that reached her waist but still had that same eyesmile on her. She’s wearing a floral dress with a matching necklace on her neck. I could smell the fragrance she is wearing as she takes a step nearer to me and it smell like candy.

“Annyeong Taeyeon-ah~,” she brush my hair aside. I could saw tears are forming in her eyes and she didn’t bother to wipe it away. “Olaenman iya, eo?” tears starting to flow heavily from her eyes. How I wish I could wipe away those tears but I can’t. She pulled a chair and it makes a screeching noise as friction is applied to it. She flinches as the noise hurt her ears but she doesn’t mind because it’s her habits to drag chairs around. 

She sits down and stays silent for a while. I stared at her face, waiting for words to form in the mouth. She smiled at me and starts to talk about everything since she has moved to the states.

Suddenly I remembered our first meeting and it feel just like yesterday.

Kono indestructible, unbreakable

Kessite koware nai kizuna tamashi wa twin soul

Tatoe anata ga gake kara ochi so ni natta toe mo

Sono te dake wa hanasa nai no~

It’s recess and I was listening to music in my iPod while finishing my  homeworks in class. It always had been like this. Not that I’m anti-social, I just can’t suit myself with people. Although I’m awkward, my classmates are still willing to talk to me and I feel really grateful for it. I feel sleepy so I decided to wash my face and make my way to the ladies room.

I turned the facet. I could feel how cold the water was when it hits my palms. Then I heard someone sobbing in one of the toilet. I remembered what my classmates said about the haunted toilet. Ah! That’s crap. I try to wash away those stupid thoughts and approached the toilet slowly.

“Don’t come any closer!” I heard a voice.

I ignored that voice and asked if she is okay as I take a step closer.

“I say don’t come any closer cause trust me I have a razor with me now. So take another step and I’ll kill you,” she yelled.

“How on earth can I be okay if you’re locking yourself and have a razor with you?! Like wtf are you doing?!” I burst and regretted for doing so, afraid that she’ll do something crazy. “Just come out. Won’t you?” I went softer this time.

I heard the door is being unlocked and I saw the girl’s face. She looked like she has been crying. “Now what?” she asked.

“Are you okay?” I repeat the same question which I asked earlier.

“What do you care if I’m not okay?” she goes to the sink and washed her face.

“I’m a good listener and a good secret keeper too so if you have any problem, don’t hesitate and spill it out to me. Btw, I’m Kim Taeyeon from C class,” I have no idea why am I doing this but I feel like to know more about her.

She chuckled and flashes an eyesmile to me. “What so funny?” I asked.

“Nothing~ it’s just that no one has ever offered me their ears to listen to my problem. I’m Hwang Miyoung from A class but please call me Tiffany cause I’m not familiar with my Korean name,” she said as we’re walking toward the exit.

“Meet you after school?” Tiffany asked when we’re about to part away to our own classes.

“After school it is,” I smiled.

 

From what I have listened from her story, I know that her life in the states are good. I was so relieve to know that she is doing well. Rather than me, lying in here forever.

“You know, how I wish I could turn back time and went back home with you that night,” she looked down her hands. “So that all of these won’t happen,” she holds my hand and I could see tears falling from her checks.

No, that’s not your fault.

How I wish I could answer her.

How I wish I could wipe her tears away.

How I wish I could comfort her.

How I wish that I’m awake.

 


 

Dun dun dun! Why does Taeyeon say so? Btw, Tiffany visits Taeyeon! Taeny! *throws confetti* Just to let you know the song that Taeyeon listened to is their Japanese song “Indestructible”

7/8/15