Choco Strawberry Fudge

Choco Strawberry Fudge

“Yi Fan, Lu Han… are you guys dating?”

 

Lu Han is sitting on Yi Fan’s lap, his head on the latter’s table while Yi Fan’s head is on Lu Han’s back. After hearing their classmate’s question, two heads shot up. Sleep is written in both their faces and Lu Han’s forehead still has a visible red mark from putting too much pressure on the table, his bangs were all over his head and a bit of drool on his plump lips.

 

“What?” both chorused.

 

“I mean, I know you guys are always together since diapers but you know… you’re just closer than normal, I guess? Well, we just wanna confirm”

 

“No way” Lu Han put his head back on the table.

 

“Never gonna happen” Yi Fan followed suit, returning to their former positions.

 

Now everybody in the class is looking at them. Their actions are the complete opposite of what they just said! They all thought and sighed.

 

 

 

“Haaaaaan~ I’m going to the teacher’s lounge for a bit” Yi Fan said as he stretches Lu Han’s cheeks.

 

“Jen ayh whey ho you ah ja layhrahry (then I’ll wait for you at the library)” as Lu Han finishes packing his backpack.

 

Yi Fan smiled and pats Lu Han’s head “Good, good”

 

 

 

It was already thirty minutes past five when Yi Fan found the sleeping deer at the library. He carefully sat beside the latter trying not to wake him up but realized it was pointless when his actual motive is to wake him, although he can’t be noisy since it’s the library.

 

He poked the elder’s cheek but Lu Han didn’t budge. He poked more and all he received was a low groan, he thought of pinching his nose but realized Lu Han may suffocate. He thought of shaking him but remembered Lu Han easily freaks out. He sighed, maybe I should let him sleep more. So he continued to observe the smaller one’s face.

 

 

I really do love him after all.

 

 

 

Lu Han woke up just to see his bestfriend’s sleeping face in front of him. The library was already dark but Yi Fan’s face is still clear in Lu Han’s eyes. This is what you get from falling in love with your bestfriend, everything just looks beautiful. He sighed.

 

“Fan, wake up” he shook the taller, who woke up immediately, unlike him.

 

“Wha— whoa, it’s already dark”

 

“I think we’re locked in, maybe they didn’t notice us”

 

Yi Fan smiled and grabbed Lu Han’s small body, securing him in his arms “If you’re scared then just cling to me”

 

“Aren’t you the one who suddenly grabbed me?”

 

“Maybe I am” Yi Fan laughed and Lu Han leaned, listening to his heartbeat “I am your bestfriend after all”

 

 

Truth is always painful.

 

 

After a long silence, Yi Fan finally decided it’s time “Han, what if I told you I’m in love you?”

 

There was again a long pause and Yi Fan realized it was too risky crossing the line and he isn’t ready for it, he never was. He couldn’t stay away from Lu Han because he knows, after this, things will never be the same again “Han, I’m sorry it was a bad jo—“

 

“What if I say I love you too” Lu Han cut him off as he sat and faced Yi Fan.

 

“It’s okay you don’t have to play along. It was a bad joke” Yi Fan tried to laugh. Thanking it was dark enough to cover his reddening eyes, barely holding in the tears.

 

“You’re a bad liar, Fan. You’ve always been one” Lu Han’s voice was shaking. Yi Fan doesn’t need to look to know Lu Han’s going to cry.

 

“Well, you made it clear earlier”

 

“I may have said that but it doesn’t mean we can’t! I’ve always been in love with you but…” Lu Han is now crying “it was you who said it won’t ever happen”

 

Yi Fan breath hitched; it was now his tears that fell. Although it’s blurry from the tears, Yi Fan is always clear in Lu Han’s eyes. That’s why even as Yi Fan’s crying, Lu Han still find it beautiful and heart breaking at the same time.

 

“And it was you who said I’m a bad liar, didn’t you?” he held Lu Han’s hand and gently placed a kiss on it “I didn’t want anything to change between us; I couldn’t stay away from you. I tried stopping these feelings because you were my friend and if you knew, everything will be gone. The truth is, I couldn’t breathe without you, I can’t even imagine a world without you by my side but… but if I were to cross the line I knew it would be over. But the more I want to distance myself from you the more my feelings grow and it just hurts so bad” he placed Lu Han’s hand on his wet cheeks, enjoying the warmth and comfort as he looked at Lu Han straight in his eyes, finally seeing the latter’s beauty from the moonlight “I guess that’s just how much I love you”

 

Everything was blank as soon as he felt a soft pair of lips on his own, the very thing he desired the most. “You know, I might have loved you longer than you did” Lu Han smiled. Everything about Lu Han is beautiful but nothing can compare to his smile, Yi Fan might desire everything but that smile is the only thing he could wish for, the one he fell for. Wanting Lu Han to give that smile only for him.

 

He returned the gesture before tasting the sweet pair of lips once again, enjoying it more on the second time and the smaller one was more than happy to oblige.

 

 

 

It was already bright when some of the students found two sleeping bodies on the chair. The smaller one is tightly held into a securing embrace while the taller one’s head is leaning onto the other one. Both had the same puffy eyes and same reassuring smiles.

 

“Well, this never gets old”

 

“Maybe we should take a picture?”

 

“They’re always so adorable!”