Epilogue

Even if you can't love yourself, I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{Epilogue Song: Our Tomorrow ; play while reading}

 

Dear Ahn Jaeun,

Hi. This has been my fourth attempt to write you a letter and I hope I don’t mess this up like the previous three. You know too well that I am fluent with sarcasm and not expressing my feelings but viola you changed me, in a good way that is.

I know that maybe you’ll be utterly bored with no one to talk to when my surgery begins so I’m going to hand you this letter written in a cheap stationary together with your favorite flowers. But hey the paper has a lavender scent. Try to smell it.

I admit it was pretty surreal thing when I saw your soul Jaeun. But I thank you for being in my life. I know I was a tough nut to crack. I’ve mostly been rude to you and call you annoying. But I’m really glad you stayed despite my unlikely attitude. I have always been wondering that of all people, why is it only I who could see you. Then I realized it must be fate. I was somebody who doesn’t believe in fate, in destiny, in miracles. I had no reason to until you came to give me a reason to live. You are my miracle.

Now I’m going to say something that I know will change what’s between us. And I will understand if after the heart transplant and I survive, you decide to not talk to me anymore. I know you don’t talk too often about the accident anymore and already stopped seeking for answers. But you deserve to know the truth. I lied to you Jaeun. It was me. I was the one driving the car that hit you. I was intending to kill myself. I lost hope and had no purpose to live. I thought that it would be easier if I will end my life. But I dragged your life upside down instead. It was my selfishness that made you almost dead. But you aren’t right? I know you’ll live.. because you’re a good person. You have a good heart. You’ll have your miracle.

If I could go back time, I would have befriended you from the beginning and we can all avoid this fiasco. But I’ve already hurt you. I know you won’t want to be friends with me after reading this. Even if I admit to you that I already love you. Yes you read that right. Byun-pathethic-selfish-and-horrible-Baekhyun loves you. I didn’t know when it started to happen but as difficult as it sounds, I fell for you. Writing it makes the confession easier but not even a bit less embarrassing. I’ll wait for your kick, punch, slap or whatever it is you ought I deserve if I ever come out alive after the surgery. And if I die, then I guess that is my punishment from above.

I’m sorry.

Live well Ahn Jaeun.

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

“god is this a letter to Ahn Juliet from Byun Romeo or an angst themed fan fiction?” Hana said exasperatedly after reading the letter you use as a bookmark for your economics book.

 

“Hey stop going through my things.” You told her and pried away the letter together with your book before continuing to munch on a mouthful of bread.

 

“Byul since when were you interested in things like this? Did you have a change of heart or something?” Hana joked before biting on her own shortcake.

 

“I did change my heart though.” You humored which caused the both of you to laugh. You had to dab a napkin on your face before speaking again.

 

“Well you know I actually want to return it back to either the sender or the receiver of the letter but I don’t know how. The sender’s letter wasn’t complete. It didn’t have an address or contact number. It wasn’t spaced and margined right. It wasn’t even enclosed in an envelope.” You said in a matter of fact.

 

“This is sort of a love letter Byul. It doesn’t have to be so formal! It can even be a plain joke. A soul? The writer sees a soul? And where did you get this?” She asked getting curious as well.

 

“I found it in the hospital last last year together with my music sheets. I asked the front desk but they said there are no Jaeun or Baekhyun confined. So I never got the chance to return and it wasn’t like I’m free to roam around the city to find the owner at that time.” You explained.

 

“Yeah you .” She retorted earning a glare from you. “I mean to be always in the hospital. But you’re all good now right?” She fibbed.

 

“Yep. Although mom and dad are still quite unenthusiastic and adamant about me moving to an apartment with you for university.” You replied. Your parents were quite protective since you have a fragile heart, literally. They offered fetching you to and fro university but you argued that that will just tire you and so you insisted to get an apartment near university, dragging Hana with you so they could be pleased. It worked anyway.

 

“Speaking of that, we’re going to be late.” Hana abruptly said, finishing her cake in one last bite.

 

“But I’m not yet finished with my chocolate chip smoothie~” You whined at the older.

 

“You aren’t supposed to drink too much sweet anyway! It’s bad for you. C’mon.” She ordered and you don’t have any choice but to get up from the cozy chair of the shop.

 

“Okay mum.” You said but brought the smoothie along. Hana pushed the door for the both of you and went out of the coffee shop. She was walking briskly. You looked at your watch.

 

We aren’t even near late. You thought. Maybe Hana is just excited to see – . There great Choi Eunbyul. What a disastrous day. You’re parents must be so proud. You thought again holding a now empty cup of smoothie.

 

You looked up to see a black haired guy who was utterly displeased that his white dress shirt and purple tie had been poured on with smoothie, a very cold one at that. His eyebrows were arched and he was obviously unhappy. You bit your tongue preventing yourself from going hysteric. Apparently, some people actually wear purple ties to work. Setting your thoughts aside you bowed apologetically towards the guy. He heaved a heavy sigh but di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter