Farewell

Even if you can't love yourself, I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was on bed rest the next day. You’ve never seen him lying in the hospital bed until now. And you wonder why all of a sudden. Baekhyun urged you to stay by his side when his doctor entered. He is a tall man with seemingly fit body. He looked a lot younger that you thought. You starred at him for a while until a realization hit you. He was the same doctor who first asked your parents if they are willing to donate your heart.

 

“Good to see you today Baekhyun.” The doctor greeted as if he was waiting all his life for this to happen.

 

“You too Dr. Kim” Baekhyun smiled. It was the first time you saw Baekhyun smiling at another person except for you and it was a genuine smile, a smile that says he is willing to live.

 

“Well you’re on bed rest for two days starting today. You’re transplant is scheduled on Friday morning and I want you to be well especially on that day. You have your own comfort room here. Tell me if you need anything.” Dr. Kim informed. Baekhyun nodded and thank the doctor.

 

“Oh and by the way, your father told me not to tell you but he’s coming on Friday.” And with that Dr. Kim left the room.

 

You nibbled on your lip, preventing the tears of joy from cascading down your face. Who knew that after all these, it’s Baekhyun who will receive your heart. Knowing that, the anxiety of leaving this earth had disappeared. Your heart leaped and you forgot your worries of last night.

 

“He told me the reason Jaeun.” Baekhyun said interrupting your thoughts.

 

“Dr. Kim?” You asked absentmindedly.

 

“No. My father. He called last night Jaeun. For the first time, he called.” Baekhyun can’t help but smile. His father called him personally after years of not seeing him.

 

“Did you made up with him?” You asked.

 

“I did. He told me he can’t bear to see me suffering, that he can’t afford to lose his only son. So he worked hard, day and night until he has no time to actually see me. He worked hard so that I could be given the best medical treatment. And there came the point that he no longer needs to work too hard and he could spend his time with me but he thought it was already late to be my father, seeing that I only want to end my life quickly. I realized I made it hard for him. I realized both of us were wrong and I came to understand him finally.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“I told you everything has a reason.” I said smilling.

 

“My doctor informed him that he finally found a donor. He was so happy to hear about it. He told me about it personally.” Baekhyun added.

 

“I’m happy for you.”

 

“You will still be here after my surgery right?” He asked with hopeful eyes. You didn’t really know if you’ll still be there. You didn’t know if you’ll even be by his side tomorrow. You didn’t know how long your spirit will stay on earth.

 

“I will.” You weren’t accustomed to lying but you didn’t want his eyes full of hope turn to a sad one.

 

“Promise?” Baekhyun held his pinky finger out and you chuckled at his childishness.

 

“Are we really doing this thing?” You snorted. Baekhyun pouted and only held out his finger closer to you.

 

“Promise.” You said and finally held his pinky finger with yours.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter