Decision

Even if you can't love yourself, I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No no no! That’s not how it works.” You scolded Baekhyun who was doing your or his calculus assignment in the school library. He sighed obviously annoyed again but asked anyway. “Then how?” he asks in his usual monotonous tone while grabbing his eraser to erase his initial answer.

 

“You’re supposed to use a different bounce to get the integral of a quadratic equation. I thought you’d know since you’re the smartest student in class.” You said as you leaned over and pointed his mistake

 

“Will you please find someone else to annoy?” He replied in a bored tone and stoic face. You notice how he always has his lips either in a firm line or scrunched downwards. Does he ever smile? Well the closest you’ve seen was a smirk the first time he told you you’re dead but that doesn’t count as a genuine one.

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay answering that exercise? Friends should help each other out you know.” You asked. You’re not really worried though. You think he’ll figure out what he got wrong in a way or another anyways considering he is smarter than you, as hard as it is to admit.

 

Baekhyun didn’t say anything in response. In fact, he just placed earphones in his ears, probably trying to dismiss your presence once again.

 

“Hey look. It’s Baekhyun!” You heard a girl whisper. You turned around and saw two girls who just entered the library while making a little screech with the heels of their shoes.

 

“Omg he’s so handsome and smart. Just look how he’s so focused on studying! He looks like he’s shooting for a magazine!” The shorter girl squealed while making their way to find a seat.

 

Finally deciding to sit at two tables away from where Baekhyun is, the two girls continued to chatter. “Yeah right, but he acts so cold to everyone. I don’t think he even has friends. See how he’s always by himself? It’s such a shame. He could have been more popular.” First girl whispered back.

 

You scoffed. Who are they to judge?

 

“Tch what are they saying. Byun Baekhyun has a friend and she’s standing right next to him.” You mumbled loud enough for Baekhyun to hear. But it seems like he is ignoring you and the whole world again.

 

“Nonetheless, I still prefer Oh Sehun. Not only is he handsome, he’s also excellent in both academics and sports. He’s an ace in almost everything.” The first girl continued dreamily while pretending to scan through her books she brought.

 

The other girl took out some notes before giving a response. “But he has a girlfriend. The girl who’s brain dead right? People say they started going out at the start of high school. I pity Sehun. He must be suffering so hard.” The shorter one replied sympathizing.

 

The first girl’s eyebrows furrowed as if not agreeing. “I don’t think so. I heard they broke up the day of the accident. Sehun must be tired of her.” The first girl prompted.

 

“Broke up?” You whispered to yourself, ignoring the fact that the girl said Sehun must be tired of you. It’s all gossip anyway. Now that you thought of it you had no idea what happened exactly. You looked at Baekhyun and saw that he’s still immersed in his calculus book to notice you or the girls who were practically just gossiping in the library. You’re surprised they still aren’t caught by the librarian.

 

“Hey Byun I’m leaving for a while.” You told Baekhyun who didn’t even move an inch nor nodded at the new nickname you gave him. You guessed he didn’t hear you at all.

 

You decided to go to the back of the school for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter